• HTML tutorial

TheAngryRedhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
Wow that is a colorful JKU
@Kent R
Thanks for the comment about the colour. It's definitely a change of pace from the black vehicles I've owned in the past

Ze_zakk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Litchfield, Ohio
First Name
Zakk
Last Name
Sheehan
Member #

Hey everyone, how's it going.

Rig: 06 Jeep TJ
Experience: New to Overlanding, did a lot of backpacking and camping, but wanted to take it further. Now I been building up the jeep to do bigger trips. I love exploring and photography, and Overlanding will give me a whole new perspective.

Attachments

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
Please allow myself to introduce....myself...??

My wife--famously known as the Dragon Lady--and I have been travelling the back roads and trails of the western deserts and mountains for about 10 years now. While I'm not new to overlanding, I am indeed new here.

We've got a fair bit of experience in just about every imaginable condition and look forward to sharing some of what we've learned, and certainly to learn some more.

We're in the Phoenix area, and are running a '16 4Runner Trail.

IMG_20181015_133832003_HDR.jpg

We reside in southwest Idaho
1996 Lexus LX450, Old Man Emu springs Fore and aft, ARB bull Bar, Prinsu Design roof rack, Tepui Kukenam Tent, Home Made Galley.
We love traveling in Southern Idaho, Northern Nevada and Eastern Oregon. Our longest trip a highway jaunt to Seattle, the intention is to get out and see all their is to see. I am an amateur when it comes to offroad travel, seeking new training and experience. I am a Nurse by trade, I maintained aircraft in my former career.

SC9042

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Gray, KY, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4ZQY
Hello everyone, my name is James. I am about as novice as they come regarding overlanding. I have enjoyed hiking, offroad exploring, and camping all of my life. However, I have desires to travel farther than my feet can feasibly take me. Life has a tendency to impose time restrictions on occasion.
I currently live in Gray, Kentucky. My current rig is a 2014 Jeep JK. She is stock with the exception of 33s, a leveling kit, and some pinstriping that was courtesy of our adventures. I wish I had a cleaner photo, but this is all I have at the moment. It is rather fitting though. This was after a very long day of adventuring through a local national forest on unmarked trails. I learned many valuable lessons that day, such as not traveling alone, especially without any comms or more importantly recovery gear. I also gained a slight bit of locker jealously as well lol. The biggest lesson I feel I learned, is a simple one. When in doubt, poke it with a stick. Would have saved all kinds of time. A little bit of walking, a shovel, and some winching action, all was well though.

Resized_20180901_145436001_6997.jpg

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is James. I am about as novice as they come regarding overlanding. I have enjoyed hiking, offroad exploring, and camping all of my life. However, I have desires to travel farther than my feet can feasibly take me. Life has a tendency to impose time restrictions on occasion.
I currently live in Gray, Kentucky. My current rig is a 2014 Jeep JK. She is stock with the exception of 33s, a leveling kit, and some pinstriping that was courtesy of our adventures. I wish I had a cleaner photo, but this is all I have at the moment. It is rather fitting though. This was after a very long day of adventuring through a local national forest on unmarked trails. I learned many valuable lessons that day, such as not traveling alone, especially without any comms or more importantly recovery gear. I also gained a slight bit of locker jealously as well lol. The biggest lesson I feel I learned, is a simple one. When in doubt, poke it with a stick. Would have saved all kinds of time. A little bit of walking, a shovel, and some winching action, all was well though.

View attachment 76546

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

View attachment 76546
Welcome!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m new here. I’m up in snowy Canada. I have a 2010 F150 and just bought a Smitty Built RTT with the annex. Im looking forward to getting out next year.

Richard

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone out there,
I grew up camping,backpacking as long as I can remember, love to be in the outdoors, even if it’s raining or snowing it’s better than being inside. My first rig was A 1995 Jeep YJ, View attachment 76538View attachment 76538View attachment 76538used that had never seen dirt NOW that’s was a shame!

1)The rig, I have currently built is a Jeep Wrangler JKU 2016, 4.5 lift 35” tires and after 2 1/2 years of building is done,but there’s alway something else to add on[emoji3]
2)I live about 30 minutes North of Salt Lake City, UT in Ogden
3)Over landing experience/intermediate to advanced I occasionally do trips up to two weeks long but, most 4-7 days.

Here’s a photo of my last trip that I took about a month ago, down into the Grand Canyon National Park-Parashant NM (Arizona strip) out of Kanab Ut.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am in middle Tennessee and just getting started. I have a 2004 Jeep TJ and hope to have a trailer and rtt ready by spring.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the comment about the colour. It's definitely a change of pace from the black vehicles I've owned in the past
On trips with lots of vehicles having a distinctive color is very helpful. Have fun with it

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, how's it going.

Rig: 06 Jeep TJ
Experience: New to Overlanding, did a lot of backpacking and camping, but wanted to take it further. Now I been building up the jeep to do bigger trips. I love exploring and photography, and Overlanding will give me a whole new perspective.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Please allow myself to introduce....myself...??

My wife--famously known as the Dragon Lady--and I have been travelling the back roads and trails of the western deserts and mountains for about 10 years now. While I'm not new to overlanding, I am indeed new here.

We've got a fair bit of experience in just about every imaginable condition and look forward to sharing some of what we've learned, and certainly to learn some more.

We're in the Phoenix area, and are running a '16 4Runner Trail.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 76542 Hey everyone. I’m Jordan and I’m in Texas. I am brand new to overlanding and just picked up my first 4Runner. It’s a 2018 TRD Off-Road Premium that I plan on building up. I’m here to learn and much as I can and any advice is welcome. Stay safe.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 76541

We reside in southwest Idaho
1996 Lexus LX450, Old Man Emu springs Fore and aft, ARB bull Bar, Prinsu Design roof rack, Tepui Kukenam Tent, Home Made Galley.
We love traveling in Southern Idaho, Northern Nevada and Eastern Oregon. Our longest trip a highway jaunt to Seattle, the intention is to get out and see all their is to see. I am an amateur when it comes to offroad travel, seeking new training and experience. I am a Nurse by trade, I maintained aircraft in my former career.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
Check the member map we have a large group of member in your area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 76546

@Kent R