Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, my name is James. I am about as novice as they come regarding overlanding. I have enjoyed hiking, offroad exploring, and camping all of my life. However, I have desires to travel farther than my feet can feasibly take me. Life has a tendency to impose time restrictions on occasion.
I currently live in Gray, Kentucky. My current rig is a 2014 Jeep JK. She is stock with the exception of 33s, a leveling kit, and some pinstriping that was courtesy of our adventures. I wish I had a cleaner photo, but this is all I have at the moment. It is rather fitting though. This was after a very long day of adventuring through a local national forest on unmarked trails. I learned many valuable lessons that day, such as not traveling alone, especially without any comms or more importantly recovery gear. I also gained a slight bit of locker jealously as well lol. The biggest lesson I feel I learned, is a simple one. When in doubt, poke it with a stick. Would have saved all kinds of time. A little bit of walking, a shovel, and some winching action, all was well though.

View attachment 76546
Welcome to Overland Bound, great place with great people! Look into the forums for local groups and meet ups in your are or surrounding area! If you have questions regarding Overlanding feel free to post them!

TheWhalen

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello

I'm new here and new to Overlanding. I'm from Portland, Oregon and work in Tech. I've been fortunate to have a career that's taken me to 18 countries and counting.

However, after a day trip to Zion National Park last spring (my first ever visit to a national park in my 36 years...) I realized I've probably seen more sites and places abroad than my own country. It got me thinking that I need to explore more at home, that lead me to Overlanding. I'm currently preparing (and learning) for multi week trip in Spring of 2019 to see more National Parks, and also hopefully get out on some overland adventures with this community too.

Currently driving a stock 2018 Ford Raptor with 7,000 miles. Yes, I just got it... I know some think they're too big, but it's also a giant kick in the pants for fun factor! I've managed to navigate some tight roads and trials in the forests of Oregon with no issue. Looking forward to getting it out in the open Desert.
DSCF2410.JPG IMG_0562.JPG

Last edited:

Old scout

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Chino, CA, USA
First Name
patrick
Last Name
butler
Member #

Hi I’m Patrick

My rig is a 1973 international Scout I also have a 2015 F1 50 that I’m starting to build.

I have been into offroading ,backpacking and hiking most of my life.
I like knowing I can build it and I can fix it I’m always up for a new adventure.
Looking forward to getting out meeting new people and doing new things new adventures.

WarriorOverland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granbury, Texas
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Good day all. I'm in north Texas
We are an off road 4x4 kind of family.
My daily driver a full size F150 6" lift with 35's. Our overland rig in a gen.1 Xterra (my wife's rig). We bought my 15yo a 89 YJ which now has a 4" lift and 33's

I'm a wilderness self reliance nerd that has been doing the vehicle-based living since I was a kid.
my dad had old trucks and we traveled in a HIPPY van most of my childhood.

I now have a nonprofit foundation that helps Veterans, Law-Enforcement and First Responders get outside and unplug to relieve the stresses of their jobs… to prevent the junk associated with post traumatic stress, single incident and cumulative stress from multiple critical incidents.

Last edited:

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hello

I'm new here and new to Overlanding. I'm from Portland, Oregon and work in Tech. I've been fortunate to have a career that's taken me to 18 countries and counting.

However, after a day trip to Zion National Park last spring (my first ever visit to a national park in my 36 years...) I realized I've probably seen more sites and places abroad than my own country. It got me thinking that I need to explore more at home, that lead me to Overlanding. I'm currently preparing (and learning) for multi week trip in Spring of 2019 to see more National Parks, and also hopefully get out on some overland adventures with this community too.

Currently driving a stock 2018 Ford Raptor with 7,000 miles. Yes, I just got it... I know some think they're too big, but it's also a giant kick in the pants for fun factor! I've managed to navigate some tight roads and trials in the forests of Oregon with no issue. Looking forward to getting it out in the open Desert.
View attachment 76592 View attachment 76593
Welcome to the group! Glad to see another Raptor out there. I also have an 18 Raptor I have built for Overlanding. I have had this truck all over the place and it is amazing. It is a bit big now and again, but 95% plus it is just fine.

Reactions: TheWhalen

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, New member here and can't wait to get into the overlanding world. I have an 08 Jeep JK and have done many mode changes to it. But I know have a passion for Overlanding and am now planning all my mods around it.
Welcome to OB! This is a great community, filled with people that are more than willing to help you learn and build your skills. Check the forums out for local Overlanding groups, information and meet-ups in your area!

Reactions: Christopher Foley

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

HI all, new member and still trying to figure out the site a bit, so bare with me. Located in NY but originally from IL.
Welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region! Keep an eye on the calendar for some events coming soon! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Again, from another NY'er, Welcome!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Good day all. I'm in north Texas
We are an off road 4x4 kind of family.
My daily driver a full size F150 6" lift with 35's. Our overland rig in a gen.1 Xterra (my wife's rig). We bought my 15yo a 89 YJ which now has a 4" lift and 33's

I'm a wilderness self reliance nerd that has been doing the vehicle-based living since I was a kid.
my dad had old trucks and we traveled in a HIPPY van most of my childhood.

I now have a nonprofit foundation that helps Veterans, Law-Enforcement and First Responders get outside and unplug to relieve the stresses of their jobs… to prevent the junk associated with post traumatic stress, single incident and cumulative stress from multiple critical incidents.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Keep doin what you're doin!!!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey guys! 2007 Forester in progress and plenty of overlanding already in the books on my 2008 R1200GSA.

Edit: sorry, I’m from Newport News VA
Mark, welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region! Digging the Subaru and can't wait to see the build up.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask (unless it's about Subarus....Then ask @Wawa Skittletits and I'm sure he will be happy to help!

We have some great trips coming for the East Region so keep an eye on the Calendar. Also, if you want to plan a meetup in your area to meet some local OB members please do! If you need help with Rally Point shoot me a message ( @Hank Outdoors ) and I would be happy to help!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello

View attachment 76592 View attachment 76593
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is a meet-up in your area, N. Oregon - S. Washington meet-up. You can find them on the regional page and the main meet-up page.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

I'm Paul from the Phoenix area. I have a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road. The only upgrades are a baja rack, ARE cap, and radio equipment. I've never been overlanding unless you count being mechanized infantry for 8 years. I do camp and hunt a lot and occasionally take part in offroading events. Im hoping to start overlanding in the near future.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Crusty11b