Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Lance Asper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R
Only question I have at this point is how do I edit my user name cause some how I forgot how to spell my name [emoji849]

Alexantics

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Livermore Ca
First Name
ALEX
Last Name
CURTIS
Member #

Hi there everyone, I am super excited to find the Overland Bound group and look forward to many adventures. I live in Livermore California and am
a complete novice to overlanding but have I been 4wheeling all of my life. My dad has been taking me to the rubicon since I was a toddler in his 1973 JEEP CJ5.

I am currently driving a 2015 Chevy Sileverdo crew cab 1500 4wd. I have upgraded the suspension with the DirtKing Fab mid travel upper control arm kit & extended travel Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir coilovers up front lifting the front about 2-3/4" over stock. I also upgraded the rear shocks with the same extended travel Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir shocks paired with Dirtking Fab extended travel shackles in the rear. The current wheel tire combo is 17x8.5 Procomp rockwell wheels with 285/70-17 Falken wildpeak AT3W tires which I love! I have been meaning to install the airlift loadlifter 5000 bags and compressor that have been in my garage but need to make time for the install. I installed the GM metal skid plates to protect the undercarriage as much as possible. I have the GoRhino RB10 side steps which I plan to upgrade to rock rails. I use a leer topper with Thule rack mount on top and inside a bed rug with leds for lighting and a bed i us an Airbedz air mattress for sleeping on.

That is all I can think of at the moment :) Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Only question I have at this point is how do I edit my user name cause some how I forgot how to spell my name [emoji849]
Upper right hand corner of the page drop down box at your name, change user name there after 30 days.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there everyone, I am super excited to find the Overland Bound group and look forward to many adventures. I live in Livermore California and am
a complete novice to overlanding but have I been 4wheeling all of my life. My dad has been taking me to the rubicon since I was a toddler in his 1973 JEEP CJ5.

I am currently driving a 2015 Chevy Sileverdo crew cab 1500 4wd. I have upgraded the suspension with the DirtKing Fab mid travel upper control arm kit & extended travel Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir coilovers up front lifting the front about 2-3/4" over stock. I also upgraded the rear shocks with the same extended travel Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir shocks paired with Dirtking Fab extended travel shackles in the rear. The current wheel tire combo is 17x8.5 Procomp rockwell wheels with 285/70-17 Falken wildpeak AT3W tires which I love! I have been meaning to install the airlift loadlifter 5000 bags and compressor that have been in my garage but need to make time for the install. I installed the GM metal skid plates to protect the undercarriage as much as possible. I have the GoRhino RB10 side steps which I plan to upgrade to rock rails. I use a leer topper with Thule rack mount on top and inside a bed rug with leds for lighting and a bed i us an Airbedz air mattress for sleeping on.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There will be a meet-up in San Jose November 10th.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Daglio

Daglio

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, Ca.
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Green
Member #

Welcome. I'm new here too.

Did quite a bit of Rubicon trail trips a decade ago, got tired of breaking my Suzuki Samurai. Hahahaha!

Daglio

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, Ca.
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Green
Member #

There will be a meet-up in San Jose November 10th.
Right in my front yard.

s2themach

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone, my name is John; my family and I live in Allendale, MI

I stumbled on this site when searching for "Jeep KK Overland." I never knew throwing fishing poles, gear and kids in the back of a Jeep was considered anything other than camping! I'm excited to see many people from Michigan and am looking forward to some meetups and trips.

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty. I had to sell my 1994 Wrangler just before my first child was born. When a new-ish car was in order, I decided on the Liberty because of price, family hauling, and it had 4-low. Other than a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's, the Jeep is stock. Though, the Jeep has hauled my family on many excursions with our small pop-up camper and has seen a fair amount of trail riding.

My Wife, friends and I are looking at a Moab trip in 2020, and my Wife and I decided it was time to look at building the Liberty into an Overlanding Rig. I would like to add skid plates, 1.5" lift (netting 2.5" total) and tires to match. Also, I would like to add a roof rack for equipment and hauling our canoe around.

I see there is a Grand Rapids, MI meetup being scheduled, so I'm looking forward to meeting others with the same hobbies!

YotaStyle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Tan Valley AZ
Member #

sedona.jpg Well, just joined up! Originally from CO but have been in AZ for about 15 years.
Really hoping to learn more about overlanding and get the time to just get away! (Tougher than you think when you are self employed)

My rig BlueBelle:

08 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
SmityBilt M1 front bumber
10k Winch
TRD PRO Aluminum Front Skid
Few Rigid\Procomp Cubes
Procomp Black Series 2.5" Adjustable Coilovers
Powerstop Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Black Rhino 18x9 Wheels
Falken 35x12.5 Wildpeak MT
Bay Area Manufacturing And Fab Low Profile Bed Rack
SmityBilt Overlander XL Tent
Firestone Airbags w/ Daystar cradles
Maxtrax
Rotopax 4 Gallon Fuel

Things to come:
Sliders (hopefully VERY soon) NFABs just didn't make it! haha
SmityBilt Rear M1 bumper
Front and rear selectable video cameras
Soon to be installed 38 Gallon Fuel Cell from a 16 Tundra
RCI Skid set for the fuel tank
Im sure more....but that's enough for my wallet! haha

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 73516 Well, just joined up! Originally from CO but have been in AZ for about 15 years.
Really hoping to learn more about overlanding and get the time to just get away! (Tougher than you think when you are self employed)

My rig BlueBelle:

10k Winch
Few Rigid\Procomp Cubes
Black Rhino 18x9 Wheels
Maxtrax
Rotopax 4 Gallon Fuel

Things to come:
SmityBilt Rear M1 bumper
Welcome aboard

var rok

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi guys, My name is Brooks, from Chino Hills, CA. Just joined and I'm a total novice but hoping to learn and gain more experience.

Our overland rig is a 2010 Lexus GX460 mall crawler, totally stock except for the 32" tires and Method wheels. We just installed a Skycamp RTT. Took it for a couple of overnight trips in Borrego springs and Big Bear and absolutely love it!
20181013_163746.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is John; my family and I live in Allendale, MI

I stumbled on this site when searching for "Jeep KK Overland." I never knew throwing fishing poles, gear and kids in the back of a Jeep was considered anything other than camping! I'm excited to see many people from Michigan and am looking forward to some meetups and trips.

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty. I had to sell my 1994 Wrangler just before my first child was born. When a new-ish car was in order, I decided on the Liberty because of price, family hauling, and it had 4-low. Other than a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's, the Jeep is stock. Though, the Jeep has hauled my family on many excursions with our small pop-up camper and has seen a fair amount of trail riding.

My Wife, friends and I are looking at a Moab trip in 2020, and my Wife and I decided it was time to look at building the Liberty into an Overlanding Rig. I would like to add skid plates, 1.5" lift (netting 2.5" total) and tires to match. Also, I would like to add a roof rack for equipment and hauling our canoe around.

I see there is a Grand Rapids, MI meetup being scheduled, so I'm looking forward to meeting others with the same hobbies!

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 73516 Well, just joined up! Originally from CO but have been in AZ for about 15 years.

My rig BlueBelle:

10k Winch
Few Rigid\Procomp Cubes
Black Rhino 18x9 Wheels
Maxtrax
Rotopax 4 Gallon Fuel

Things to come:
SmityBilt Rear M1 bumper

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

My rig BlueBelle:

10k Winch
Few Rigid\Procomp Cubes
Black Rhino 18x9 Wheels
Maxtrax
Rotopax 4 Gallon Fuel

Things to come:
SmityBilt Rear M1 bumper
Great setup! Welcome to OB!

tmarton05

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Medford, MA
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Marton
Member #

Hey everyone name is Taylor, new to this forum!

Location: Massachusetts but spend a lot of time up in Maine and Vermont as well
Rig: 2006 4Runner Limited 4.0L 6CYL, currently stock but plans are to install OME lift and Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/18 tires in the spring.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Did one trip up to North Maine Woods last fall. Looking forward to many more trips in the future!!

IMG_1770.JPG IMG_1775.JPG

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Rig: 2006 4Runner Limited 4.0L 6CYL, currently stock but plans are to install OME lift and Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/18 tires in the spring.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Did one trip up to North Maine Woods last fall. Looking forward to many more trips in the future!!

View attachment 73560 View attachment 73561
Welcome!

Be sure to check in on the 4Runner Owners Registry.

Reactions: tmarton05

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi guys, My name is Brooks, from Chino Hills, CA. Just joined and I'm a total novice but hoping to learn and gain more experience.

Our overland rig is a 2010 Lexus GX460 mall crawler, totally stock except for the 32" tires and Method wheels. We just installed a Skycamp RTT. Took it for a couple of overnight trips in Borrego springs and Big Bear and absolutely love it!
View attachment 73526
Welcome to OB Brooks!!!

Reactions: varok101

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

View attachment 73560 View attachment 73561
Welcome to Overland Bound and the OB East Region!!!