Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TacomaGuy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all Overlanders. By way of introduction; my name is Scott and I reside in the Quebec Laurentians, north of Montreal. I have been an avid camper and canoeist my entire life, but have been enjoying the world of vehicle based travel for a couple of years now.
My wife and I drive a 2017 Tacoma with a Four Wheel Camper shell on the back.
I look forward to discovering new adventure here on this forum.

AlabamaDan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello overlanders! I don't believe I've introduced myself. I joined a few days ago after stumbling across one of the great videos on YouTube. I've been watching the videos and really enjoying them. I've been an avid camper for many years and as I'm getting older I'm thinking of moving into overlanding vs backpacking. I love the outdoors and camping. I also love tinkering with my cars and doing little things here and there. So, this looks perfect. I've got a stock 1998 Infiniti QX4 that I'm working on. I've taken it hunting and camping before and I've always been impressed with how it handles trail riding. I look forward to learning more, developing my Q by four, and getting out there!

obvious_disaster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

St. Petersburg, FL 33710, USA
First Name
Christina
Last Name
Haverfield
Member #

Hello! New member (Christina). Located in West Central FL. I’m new to the bigger picture concept of Overlanding, but I’ve camped all over the US/a little of CAD growing up. Love to travel. My main goal is to *forcibly* expose my kids to those same opportunities so they too can love (or hate) it. :). In April I traded my 2014 SR5 (2wd) for my current 2018 T4R TRD ORP. I installed a roof rack and awning this summer before our road trip, but otherwise still running stock. At some point I’ll look to upgrade the suspension to support additional weight once I learn what the appropriate mods are for my planned use. For now, I look forward to reading on other’s experiences. IMG_4146.JPGIMG_4449.JPG

Franco

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone! My name is Franco and I currently reside in Las Vegas. I'm new to off-roading in general and recently purchased a 2003 V8 4runner Sport 4WD. The whole adventure concept of overlanding really interests me and I am excited to possibly join some like minded people in some future trips. Here she is as she sits right now. IMG_7980.JPGIMG_7976.JPGIMG_7970.JPG

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Hello from Queens, NYC.

Name here is Sidney. After 2 years of doing some beach fishing on the shores on Long Island, we decided to trade in our 2011 Rav4 V6 for a 2017 4Runner Limited. The Rav4 was capable, but what a difference when it comes to driving on sand.

We didn't plan to limit our outings to shore fishing, so we started looking into off-road trails and camping. After several months of searching on-line, sadly there isn't much being offered in the NYC/Long Island area. And this is why we are here on this forum today. With the help of this forum, we are hoping we learn about any local adventures. I don't plan to do any insane rock crawling, but looking forward to drive off the common path to explorer and enjoy what nature has to offer.

And when I say we, I am referring to myself, wife and the two kids (5 and 7 years old). So any info on family gatherings is much welcomed.

Thanks.

-Sidney
Welcome

btedesign

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeland, fl
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Sardone
Member #

Hello Overland Bound! I'm Andrew located in Lakeland, Fl

I have been lurking around for a few months but have not introduced myself. I am determined to turn my little rig into a worthwhile overland rig. So far it has been impressive! Thankfully the Kia has a front locking electronic diff, it has already got me out of some sticky situations. So far I have changed the wheels to 15" wheels with Geolandar AT's, Tepui RTT with a modified base so it drops off the back, the interior has been removed behind the front seats and a platform has been installed with underfloor storage and cooler mounts, I just installed the 8x6 awning that I am now calling the "javelin" because it is so much larger than the car, lastly soon I will be adding a roof basket to the front with a small 50w solar panel for the Goal Zero 150 to power lights and accessories. - Andrew

Attachments

Last edited:

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

Here's my intro:

I've used the Stickbow alias on a ton of places - you may already know me if you're into primitive skills or kayaking or whatever.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
None right now - let me finish my rack and I'll take one!

2) Location (General area is fine)
Southwest Georgia and Forgotten Coast Florida

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 3" lift, TerraFirma shocks all around.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Novice in vehicle dependant travel, I guess... Have been 4 wheeling, car camping, mountain biking, kayak tripping and backpacking for about 40 years.

I've been watching all the videos Michael posts on YouTube, figured I should actually participate :)

Stickbow - member #14596 as of this afternoon.

Joseph D. Redd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Member #

Hello! I'm new to Overlanding. I love backpacking and off-roading so I decided, why not combine both! Happy to know there's a place where I can learn from and network with more experienced overlanders. Upgrading my Chevy Colorado little by little. Can't wait to tag along with someone and learn what they know. I'm out here in the Los Angeles, California area.

dmax1.jpg dmax2.jpg dmax 3.jpg dmax4.jpg dmax5.jpg dmax6.jpg

Last edited:

p0giewan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Everett, WA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Rutherford
Member #

Hi there, found the page a while ago and finally got round to joining and getting a membership.

Located in the Everett, WA are. Driving a 2015 JKU Rubicon. As far as overlanding experience goes I'm a total novice outside of some day jaunts down forest roads, so hopefully joining will help me learn a few things :)

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Here's my intro:

I've used the Stickbow alias on a ton of places - you may already know me if you're into primitive skills or kayaking or whatever.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
None right now - let me finish my rack and I'll take one!

2) Location (General area is fine)
Southwest Georgia and Forgotten Coast Florida

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 3" lift, TerraFirma shocks all around.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Novice in vehicle dependant travel, I guess... Have been 4 wheeling, car camping, mountain biking, kayak tripping and backpacking for about 40 years.

I've been watching all the videos Michael posts on YouTube, figured I should actually participate :)

Stickbow - member #14596 as of this afternoon.
Welcome to OB hope to see a pic of the rig soon

Reactions: Drifterman

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hello! I'm new to Overlanding. I love backpacking and off-roading so I decided, why not combine both! Happy to know there's a place where I can learn from and network with more experienced overlanders. Upgrading my Chevy Colorado little by little. Can't wait to tag along with someone and learn what they know. I'm out here in the Los Angeles, California area.

View attachment 70310 View attachment 70311 View attachment 70312 View attachment 70313 View attachment 70314 View attachment 70315
Great pictures. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Joseph D. Redd

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hello Overland Bound! I have been lurking around for a few months but have not introduced myself. I am determined to turn my little rig into a worthwhile overland rig. So far it has been impressive! Thankfully the Kia has a front locking electronic diff, it has already got me out of some sticky situations. So far I have changed the wheels to 15" wheels with Geolandar AT's, Tepui RTT with a modified base so it drops off the back, the interior has been removed behind the front seats and a platform has been installed with underfloor storage and cooler mounts, I just installed the 8x6 awning that I am now calling the "javelin" because it is so much larger than the car, lastly soon I will be adding a roof basket to the front with a small 50w solar panel for the Goal Zero 150 to power lights and accessories. - Andrew
That’s awesome. I never would have thought to use my soul as a overland rig. I really look forward to seeing more pictures as you build it up

Reactions: btedesign

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello! New member (Christina). Located in West Central FL. I’m new to the bigger picture concept of Overlanding, but I’ve camped all over the US/a little of CAD growing up. Love to travel. My main goal is to *forcibly* expose my kids to those same opportunities so they too can love (or hate) it. :). In April I traded my 2014 SR5 (2wd) for my current 2018 T4R TRD ORP. I installed a roof rack and awning this summer before our road trip, but otherwise still running stock. At some point I’ll look to upgrade the suspension to support additional weight once I learn what the appropriate mods are for my planned use. For now, I look forward to reading on other’s experiences. View attachment 70238View attachment 70239
Welcome Christina!

I’m from central FL myself, but now up in NOVA/DC. Be sure to check out the 4Runner Registry thread.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there, found the page a while ago and finally got round to joining and getting a membership.

Located in the Everett, WA are. Driving a 2015 JKU Rubicon. As far as overlanding experience goes I'm a total novice outside of some day jaunts down forest roads, so hopefully joining will help me learn a few things :)
Welcome aboard!!

Reactions: bhanna44

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI

Welcome! We have a meet-up of the Northwest Washington members coming up on October 13th, it would be great to see you there! Take a look:
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/northwest-washington-overland-bound-october-2018-meeting-and-trail-ride-arlington-to-granite-falls-via-mountain-loop-highway/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Franco and I currently reside in Las Vegas. I'm new to off-roading in general and recently purchased a 2003 V8 4runner Sport 4WD. The whole adventure concept of overlanding really interests me and I am excited to possibly join some like minded people in some future trips. Here she is as she sits right now. View attachment 70249View attachment 70250View attachment 70251
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Franco