Traveler I

Brownwood, TX
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Bruton
Brownwood(central,) Texas
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro with 33's
Lots of offroading from enduros, atv's, rental jeeps to rock crawling a 69 ford bronco. Never have done the self sufficient overlanding before. Look forward to learning more about and getting out there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I'm new to Overlanding. I love backpacking and off-roading so I decided, why not combine both! Happy to know there's a place where I can learn from and network with more experienced overlanders. Upgrading my Chevy Colorado little by little. Can't wait to tag along with someone and learn what they know. I'm out here in the Los Angeles, California area.

View attachment 70310 View attachment 70311 View attachment 70312 View attachment 70313 View attachment 70314 View attachment 70315
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there, found the page a while ago and finally got round to joining and getting a membership.

Located in the Everett, WA are. Driving a 2015 JKU Rubicon. As far as overlanding experience goes I'm a total novice outside of some day jaunts down forest roads, so hopefully joining will help me learn a few things :)

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

New member #13405 checking in out of Phoenix, AZ. Relatively new to Overlanding but the JKU is getting equipped quickly. Picking up my RTT today and thought it was the perfect time to join the OB community. Looking forward to the adventures.

Brandon

The Tucson meet-up is going to start back up now that it is getting cooler.

Reactions: bhanna44

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brownwood(central,) Texas
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro with 33's
Lots of offroading from enduros, atv's, rental jeeps to rock crawling a 69 ford bronco. Never have done the self sufficient overlanding before. Look forward to learning more about and getting out there.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Mike Sheets

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Sheets
Member #

Greetings Overland Bounders. New here, so guess I'm supposed to introduce myself. Kind of a "long time listener, first time caller" type of deal; I've been checking out the forum for a couple years and have chatted with Mike & crew at a couple Overland Expo's, so figured I should just go ahead and join the party. Been "Overlanding" since I was a kid, just didn't know that's what it was supposed to be called, lol. Wheeled mostly Jeeps and Hummer H1's most of my extensive off roading life, currently run a Kawasaki KLR-650 (now 705cc), and am building a Ford E350 ambulance; The "Overlandbulance".

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Overland Bounders. New here, so guess I'm supposed to introduce myself. Kind of a "long time listener, first time caller" type of deal; I've been checking out the forum for a couple years and have chatted with Mike & crew at a couple Overland Expo's, so figured I should just go ahead and join the party. Been "Overlanding" since I was a kid, just didn't know that's what it was supposed to be called, lol. Wheeled mostly Jeeps and Hummer H1's most of my extensive off roading life, currently run a Kawasaki KLR-650 (now 705cc), and am building a Ford E350 ambulance; The "Overlandbulance".

The Tucson meet-up is going to start back up now that it is getting cooler.

Robsled

Rank I

Contributor III

North Delta, BC, Canada
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gray
hello new here

1)IMG_4568.jpg IMG_5637.jpg

2) I am living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

3) My rig is a 2008 Toyota Tacoma Off Road ACLB, OME suspension, ARB Bumper, Safari Snorkel, sold FWC Eagle in pics last week, ordered a Vagabond Drifter (now have to wait 6 months and plan the build out).

4) Camped my whole life (grew up w a Westfalia) but newer to off roading

Jester

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,

Names Scott, but I go by Jester in most of my hobby socials. I live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago (about 45 minutes South of Wisconsin).

My trail rig is my daily driver, a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD. I’ve done some body mods and put a small lift on it, but otherwise it’s pretty stock.

My off-road/overland experience is pretty limited. I’ve always considered my rig a mall crawler. I’ve geared it towards being off-road capable, but never really get out on the trails. I’m hoping to get out this Spring on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail with my wife and some friends, and in the researching of that, found y’all! So here I am! Looking forward to exploring what this whole thing is about!

Jeff5555

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
High everybody

Jeep wrangle 2007
Live in Oklahoma
Not a lot of off road experience

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
Hey everyone. Glad to be here, been checking out the YouTube channel, but I thought I’d take more advantage of the community. I live in Southwest, GA. I’ve had my ‘04 Jeep LJ since 2009. After living in Puerto Rico for 3.5years I am almost in a place where I can start building my rig, but we are getting started anyway. I am in the process of installing my new Yeasu in the Jeep so if your on 2m in North Florida or South Georgia call KN4OSP. 73

Supercracker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

NE Florida
Member #

Hi all. Checking in from NE Florida here.

Not really sure what I do..... have been doing, qualifies as "overlanding" It's more, sleeping in the truck during a 2 or 3 day long hunting trip. lol I'm in Florida. the whole states only like 200 miles across and, unless you're in the everglades, I don't think it's possible to get more than half an hour from a Publix. My outings consist of taking a management area trail a few miles back in the swamp to and then setting up camp for a day or two. Or maybe getting to a few canoe/small boat launches I know of that you can really only get to with a 4x4. That said, in the near future I plan on taking more trips out of the southeast and hopefully a trip a year out west looking for elk. Generally getting out more.

I used to have a really unpredictable schedule and drove an excursion 4x4 that I set up to be comfortable to sleep in and store my gear in so I could take advantage of any free time that came up and head to the woods with very little prep or notice. I suppose I was putting together an overlander rig and didn't know it. Sadly, it died and was replaced with an 07 Tundra that I set up a little. But a busy schedule, and poor planning habits tbh, have seen me pretty well use it up without really ever setting it up. Now I just got suckered into a 2014 Raptor by the GF (she's wayyy more into cars than I am) and I'm determined to get out more now that my schedule allows it. This forum appears to be a VAST wealth of knowledge when it comes to prepping a vehicle for this kind of use. I hope to tap into some of it. Maybe I'll be able to share some back the other way as well.

Here she is, a few days after picking her up. Not sure what her name is yet. It'll come to me.

Just got the shell on yesterday. Stripped Leer. The building has begun I suppose. :)