Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Big Jake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midland Texas
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
-None Yet but am currently using my 2012 Prius (LOL) to go carcamping and adventuring*

2) Location (General area is fine)
South San Francisco, California

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
Currently my 2012 Toyota Prius.
I want to buy a FJ80 Land Cruiser or 4runner but can't seem to find affordable ones with low mileage. (any recommendations???)

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Novie with no experience. I hope I can gain some experience through you guys! You guys are awesome!

Here are a couple photos of my last trip to Grand Canyon:
Welcome to Overland Bound! This is a great place to gain experience and learn. Don’t worry about your Prius. Now that I’ve got three kids, we don’t fit in my Jeep as well and sometimes have to resort to my wife’s mini van! [emoji13]

Reactions: Magic Mike

Traveler I

Hi!

I'm Stanley and I am getting ready to move back to the Visalia (next month probably) area. I am a photographer/writer and things and came across the site doing some research.

I have a 2003 4Runner that is bone stock. I'd say I'm a novice although I used to be in the 4x4 world and I am returning to it. Part of my photography experience is shooting off road racing and I write for an off road website. I'm just on the lookout for tips, tricks and possibly some feature vehicles as I will plan on doing a lot more photography when I get out West.4Runner Kenton Road Milky Way-1.jpg

Gary Wayne Eldridge Sr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Runaway Bay, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Eldridge
Member #

Hellow Everyone
Rig: 2016 AEV JKU Rubicon
Expenerience: Beginner - use to do a lot of ground camping with family during military transfers. I would like to start seeing more of the off-beaten-paths and have just started putting my rig together. appreciate any advice. looking forward to meeting everyone.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound! This is a great place to gain experience and learn. Don’t worry about your Prius. Now that I’ve got three kids, we don’t fit in my Jeep as well and sometimes have to resort to my wife’s mini van! [emoji13]
Welcome to OB! Believe it or not, look at Facebook market place for a vehicle!

Reactions: Big Jake

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

Hello!
Experience: I am new here to the technical term of overlanding, but not to exploring!
Rig: 18' ram with AEV dualsport suspension and wheels arrived this week. Cummins with manual 6 speed.

View attachment 69940
Beautiful truck im in the hunt for a full size truck this coming year and was thinking almost that set up how is the ride with the aev suspension

Reactions: Ncat

kmhtrex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Thanks! It is pretty good. I have the tires too high of psi, and haven't gotten them aired down just yet, but otherwise, the 2500 with coil over rear suspension is decent, and the new shocks help. I am most impressed with the stability. So, very happy! Plus I can still tow, and haul well as per factory. I had 800lbs of stone in the back of it on the weekend, and hardly noticed. :)

Beautiful truck im in the hunt for a full size truck this coming year and was thinking almost that set up how is the ride with the aev suspension

Traveler I

El Paso
Hello everyone,

I'm not new to offroading or vehicle exploration. Camping is something new to me and my family. We just went down to Padre island national seashore over the summer and camped on the beach for 2 days. We all loved it and want to continue to explore.

My current daily driver is now a 2010 GMC Yukon. I recently aquired it and have only really done some maintenance. The only real modifications are that I leveled it with bilstein 5100 shocks and threw on some Yokohama geolandar AT tires that I had from my previous daily driver.

1997 F150
Bilstein 5100
KO2s 285/70r17
Helo wheels
Gave it to my father

2017 Tahoe z71 (wife's)
Stock
Took us down to Padre Island

Look forward to learning and contributing to this community. IMG_20180903_175604_692.jpegIMG_20180430_101031_962.jpegIMG_20171223_152256_968.jpeg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello!
Experience: I am new here to the technical term of overlanding, but not to exploring!
Rig: 18' ram with AEV dualsport suspension and wheels arrived this week. Cummins with manual 6 speed.

View attachment 69940
Welcome

Jesper Løwe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Denmark
First Name
Jesper
Last Name
Løwe
Member #

Hi there,
We are couple living in the eastern part of Denmark. (40km north of copenhagen)
The overlanding experience is "limited" to long weekends out in Sweden and Denmark and taking the rig to nice lakeside spots for piece and quiet

The rig:
  • 1999 Land rover 110" Defender Diesel TD5
  • Mantec Raised Airintake
  • 2" suspension lift
  • BFG Mudterrain Tires
  • FrontRunner 3/4 length roofrack,
  • NoName Rofftop Tent and Awning
  • 9500lbs Warn Winch
  • Rocksliders

Photo is taken at the beach in Tversted in Denmark, one of the few places you can drive on the beach.

brobin15

Rank V
Launch Member

Benefactor

California, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Hey all!

New to the forum. I currently drive a Fiesta ST (You should see the potholes this bad boy can clear), but next year my wife and I are getting a power wagon. I used to own a 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X I planned to outfit for overlanding adventures, but had to sell due to various reasons.

Our intent for Overlanding is to get out there and enjoy what nature has to offer. Our dog, Yegor, certainly loves to hike and explore alongside us. So for now as I do not have an overland vehicle to post you can have a pic of my dog!

upload_2018-9-25_8-28-50.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!

I'm Stanley and I am getting ready to move back to the Visalia (next month probably) area. I am a photographer/writer and things and came across the site doing some research.

I have a 2003 4Runner that is bone stock. I'd say I'm a novice although I used to be in the 4x4 world and I am returning to it. Part of my photography experience is shooting off road racing and I write for an off road website. I'm just on the lookout for tips, tricks and possibly some feature vehicles as I will plan on doing a lot more photography when I get out West.View attachment 69928
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
We recently had a meet-up in Fresno and that will probably be reoccurring so keep an eye out for information in the future.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Magic Mike

CycloneDayv

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Gilbert, IA, USA
Member #

Hello everyone,
My wife and I are a few years out from being empty nesters and would like to start seeing what nature has to offer. I would definitely say we are beginners. I have a love of Land Cruisers and we both enjoy being outside so it seemed natural to mix the two together.

Current Vehicle:
1996 Lexus LX450
OME J Lift with HD Springs
315/70r17 Tires
Dual Batteries
4x4Labs Front and Rear Bumpers
Warn 8274 Winch
White Knuckle Sliders

KyraMorgan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Laguna Beach, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kyra, I am excited to be part of this wonderful club. I am originally from Park City, Utah but have lived in Laguna Beach. CA for 10 years, and although I am new to Overlanding. My family and I have been enjoying the outdoors since I was a little girl. This year I am trying to expand and elevate my interest in the outdoors by leaving my comfort zone and going remote. I’ve always enjoyed the adventure leading up to the destination than the actual location itself. Right now I don’t have a vehicle that is physically adapted for overlanding, but I hope to meet people that truly does this, learn from them and put that practice in effect. I’ve read and learned from the club that overlanding does not discriminate on the type of vehicle that you have, the only thing is that it just needs to be capable and that makes sense (my Honda Civic cannot haha!). I have a friend who wonders why I’m doing this, and that I am not cut out for this. But I’m here to prove this person wrong, because the truth is that, I am benefiting from this club by being a part of a family that will push your limits, break boundaries, and most of all be part of something where I can say “I’ve done it, it was amazing and I’ll do it again!” I look forward to meeting all of you at the monthly meetings, till then! Let’s get unhinged and go somewhere unpaved! ~ Kyra

IMG_4991.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hellow Everyone
Rig: 2016 AEV JKU Rubicon
Expenerience: Beginner - use to do a lot of ground camping with family during military transfers. I would like to start seeing more of the off-beaten-paths and have just started putting my rig together. appreciate any advice. looking forward to meeting everyone.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

My name is Kyra, I am excited to be part of this wonderful club. I am originally from Park City, Utah but have lived in Laguna Beach. CA for 10 years, and although I am new to Overlanding. My family and I have been enjoying the outdoors since I was a little girl. This year I am trying to expand and elevate my interest in the outdoors by leaving my comfort zone and going remote. I’ve always enjoyed the adventure leading up to the destination than the actual location itself. Right now I don’t have a vehicle that is physically adapted for overlanding, but I hope to meet people that truly does this, learn from them and put that practice in effect. I’ve read and learned from the club that overlanding does not discriminate on the type of vehicle that you have, the only thing is that it just needs to be capable and that makes sense (my Honda Civic cannot haha!). I have a friend who wonders why I’m doing this, and that I am not cut out for this. But I’m here to prove this person wrong, because the truth is that, I am benefiting from this club by being a part of a family that will push your limits, break boundaries, and most of all be part of something where I can say “I’ve done it, it was amazing and I’ll do it again!” I look forward to meeting all of you at the monthly meetings, till then! Let’s get unhinged and go somewhere unpaved! ~ Kyra

View attachment 69992