• HTML tutorial

Brando72

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Idaho Falls, ID
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone,

Just back from a tour and I see loads of new people. So, to you all, I welcome you all and hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Greetings from Robert

Brando72

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Idaho Falls, ID
Member #

Have been following the YouTube posts and truly got amped about what I have seen! It’s like my concept/vision came together when I started mining through those posts... so... I quit my J.O.B. Got an FJ Cruiser... and have set out:-) Excited to be affiliated
My 2007 FJ
From SE Idaho
Have always camped/hiked/climbed in this area... never “overlanded”!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jonathan Haguewood

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kingwood, TX
Member #

Hey, y'all.!

New member from the greater Houston, TX area. I grew up camping, hiking, and canoeing in and around the Ozarks (I'm from NW Arkansas originally), but haven't had much opportunity since I moved to Houston 9 years ago... looking to change that and start getting out again. Tired of never getting out of the pavement jungle. Since I have to drive a good distance to get anywhere halfway decent, overlanding fits the bill nicely. I'm planning on getting my 8 y/o daughter in the mix on some trips as well... starting with Big Bend at the end of the month.

I drive a '17 Tacoma TRD Pro that I'm slowly building out.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Last edited:

DMur

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auburn, NH
Member #

Hey All,

I would like to introduce my self. My name is Dillan. I am trades man from Manchester NH. I have been overlanding most of my life. Some of my trips include taking the ATV or Dirtbike to the trails with my trusty tent, or more recently using my 2011 Ford Econoline Van to the white mountains.

My goal is to meet as many people I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and see ya out there.
Dillan

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

Hey All,

I would like to introduce my self. My name is Dillan. I am trades man from Manchester NH. I have been overlanding most of my life. Some of my trips include taking the ATV or Dirtbike to the trails with my trusty tent, or more recently using my 2011 Ford Econoline Van to the white mountains.

My goal is to meet as many people I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and see ya out there.
Dillan
Not far from me, love exploring NH. Great trails and types of terrain.

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Hello fellow Overlanders!!! My name is Christian and currently live in Las Vegas which is pretty central to alot of great adventures! I had been stalking the YouTube videos and from that I just purchased a 2010 Tacoma today and have it getting some new shoes before I bring her home and begin the mods! I have been doing outdoor activities my whole life and love taking the family on short trips on my days of from being a restaurant manager her in Vegas! Cant wait to get going !

MadScotsMan

Rank I

Contributor III

Vehicle: 2010 Subaru Forester
Experience: Moderate

I've done a fair amount of off-roading from a "Jeep-Speed Challenge" spec Jeep to a lifted, locked Explorer. Now a new (to me) Forester. Looking forward to a mild adventure build and spending more times outdoors. Love the Foz and exploring the outdoors here in Vermont and elsewhere and meeting like-minded people here on this sight.

Navigator

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX
Member #

Rig: 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Experience: A couple of Colorado trips to the Alpine Loop near Silverton and Ouray. This year was a trip to Big Bend and the Rio Grande River. Also, years of redneck car camping in East Texas.

scorpio7

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Windham, NH
Member #

hello everyone! New member from southern NH here - 2016 4Runner TRD Pro. New to overlanding, but I have to say, the rush of leaving the pavement and hitting the dirt sure is already insanely addicting. Busy gearing up for a big tour of the southwest states this summer - can.not.wait. Nice to find this community!

Stealth_Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
AF vet
Hi Everyone!

My name is Chris from Santa Barbara, CA

The Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner, SR5 4x4. In the beginning stages of building her up.

I have beginners experience with off roading and hoping to get better with my latest rig. This will be my 4th 4runner. I had the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and now the 5th Gen 4Runner. What can I say, its an addiction.
I post some of my adventures on my IG as well. Feel free to check it out: _traveler_explorer_

IMG_20180416_152915_941.jpg JB2.jpg IMG_20180416_152915_941.jpg JB2.jpg

PGHFire

Rank 0

Traveler I

Justin from Pittsburgh PA

Current vehicle is a stock 20002 4runner sr5 sport package. Hope to begin modifying it soon.

Novice to overlanding but am a previous owner of a 94 wrangler that I had for 13 or so years. Did some wheeling in it and have plenty of camping experience.

Hoping this can be a way to get my children interested in the outdoors. I grew up in the sticks of eastern PA and my kids are growing up suburbanites in western PA

wavephf

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chad Austin from Canon City, CO the home of the Royal Gorge Bridge and the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains.
I have been overlanding for my whole life but I didn't really know it. We called it camping but it normally required 4 wheel drive to get there. I haven't done much camping as an adult because I always seem to rush to the destination and rush home. Its time to get back into it and see some sites and have some good times.
I have a bunch of vehicles but my primary off-road vehicle is my 1990 Toyota Hilux I built in 2013-2014. It has a 3.4 swap with supercharger, E-Locker, 265/75r16 General Grabber ATX, homemade front bumper with winch.
I recently(2 days ago) purchased a 2000 LX470 that I'm planning on building into a more suitable overland rig.

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Greetings all!
I live in Mohave County, Arizona. Think Bullhead City/Kingman.
I own a 2004 Jeep Liberty, full skids, steel diff covers, rear locked, 2.5" lift. She goes and goes, love my Libby!
I am not very experienced per say, not a rock crawler but have gone places I never thought my Libby would go. Still trying to learn.

Thanks for the add!

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro