Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

JakeWK

Rank 0

Traveler I

31487004_10204888738174524_3782097717812002816_n.jpg 31398268_10204888738094522_129387100972777472_n.jpg

New to this forum. Think this will be my first post, actually! I grew up in Colorado, and around jeeps and various 4x4. Not new to the outdoors, camping, hiking, and wheeling. New to building overland, though! I've been a member of various jeep forums, with thousands of posts, but have slowly become more interested in being outdoors and learning the overland! I will be all ears for a while.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

New member!

We live in Sherwood OR, currently running an LR3 with CVT RTT. Also have a Jeep CJ7. For years we ran a Fourwheel Popup Camper that I bought on CL for $800. Gutted it and rebuilt it. Finished it 2 days before our wedding. Honeymoon was spent in Yellowstone and the Tetons.

Looking for community and meaningful adventure!

Cheers
Welcome to OB, Yellowstone sounds like a pretty magical place to visit!

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Reactions: Aussie571

Utah_Nomad

Rank 0

Contributor I

You Mean Utah ha ha ha? yup welcome to Overland Bound..... Wait a minute I just started with Overland bound too oh well anyways I been in Utah for a few short years now so I can still go many places here and go "Wow!" and everyone else I know says oh ho hum been there..... Currently working on acquiring a new rig for overland because I just sold the Fj Cruiser nothing was wrong with it great rig just towing a boat up hill around here was a bit much for it
I moved to Utah last August. Pursuing a dream of adventure. There’s a lifetime worth of exploring to do out here and that’s what I’ll be doing. I know what you mean about people not getting as excited as yourself while out seeing the sights. It’s a shame though when I talk to somebody who has lived here their entire life and they don’t get excited about the true magnificence of this state. I guess some locals take it for granted..

Reactions: Aussie571

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Howdy y'all,

Been following along for a while now, figured I'd treat myself after exams and finally join before my big trip this summer.

I'm from the mountains of western North Carolina, anything outside, I probably grew up doing it. Love it there; no place like it. I'm a geology student at NC State now, out in Raleigh, livin the high life of losing at all sports, except baseball and volleyball apparently. Love NC State, but I'm not good at living in the city. Helped kickstart a 4x4 club on campus, so thats cool I guess.

I drive a 2000 Jeep affectionate named El Jeepe my dad bought new and passed on to me when I graduated high school. I practically grew up in the thing and love it to death. My first truck was a 76 CJ5 rattle canned construction barrel orange, hence my name. I'll probably make a build thread on here at some point that has some more about me, but I won't bore y'all with that yet. I'm also on expo portal by the same name.

Will
Welcome to OB, pretty sweet to have started a club for 4x4 enthusiasts at school. Wish that was an option where I went to school.
Have fun out there.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 55361 Hello OB!
I’m excited to be part of this group with like-minded people. Vehicle assisted exploration and camping has always been a part of my life, and someday I look forward to passing that on to another generation. Anybody on here in Utah?

My Rig: 2012 Jeep JK
-custom built featherlight overland trailer
Welcome to OB, Utah is a beautiful place to be especially in the 4x4 world.

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey All!

New overlander over here, novice to the overlanding part but not camping and backcountry experience. From the the Flagstaff area, but move around frequently for work so I would like to chose my new locations based on the overlanding available. My rig is 2017 Ford F-150 XL 3.5L. Would love advice on what all-terrain tires to select as well as beginner vehicle gear.
Welcome to OB, 3.5L will be nice especially for longer runs and saving fuel.

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

New member, but long time follower. I am currently just outside Middleburg Florida, but originally hail from the West coast, mostly Alaska. I am an outdoor enthusiast no matter they type, although not really a follower of team sports. Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, ATVs, 4X4s, archery, and shooting all make my top list. I am the father of 4 and enjoy getting my kids outside with me, even if they sometimes begrudge me for it... My rig is a 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Currently I am in the process of replacing the rear axle seals, but man do I have some plans for this rig!
Welcome to OB, have fun out there!

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello from Colorado. New to the board, but I get directed here from time to time by the google, so I figured I might join.

I've been doing vehicle based adventures for several years now. That all started with a klr650, then to a lifted Forester to include my wife and the dog and finally to what we adventure in these days... A Tacoma with a rtt. I build luxury expedition vehicles at work as a fabricator/welder. Not sure what I'm looking to get out of signing up here, but we'll see where it goes.

Jim
Welcome to OB, your job sounds pretty sweet to me. You should post some pictures of the cooler builds if thats allowed!

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Greetings everyone!
My names Ryan and I live in Colorado Springs, CO.
I currently drive a 2010 Land Rover Discovery LR4. My overlanding experience is next to none, although I do have experience in general camping, mountain biking, etc.
I’m hoping to find some fellow members in the Colorado area to meet up with and learn the ropes!

View attachment 54877
View attachment 54876

Welcome to OB, solid rig, capable and comfortable.

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 54875 Hello everyone

Looking forward to being a part of a growing family. I grew up camping in Northern California and now I’m blessed to pass that along. I’m a father of 4 that just love being outside
Rig: 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4
Running strong at 230,000
We have a tree covered spot in the back hill if anyone needs a rest
Welcome to OB, nice truck! Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello everyone! Just found this website and it seemed like a great place to learn about overlanding. I suspect it's not as population in my area as I had basically never heard of it until a few weeks ago.

I just bout myself a brand new GMC Canyon 4x4 and it needs some scratches in it. I'm in London Ontario.
Welcome to OB, if we were closer I would suggest we get together for a trail run! You should look into the Hamilton Area Jeep Club.
If you look in the forums and find the North America section and then into QC/ON you can find a thread for Ontario members and find some local friends.

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey everyone! I've got a 97 4x4 suburban that I plan to use for an overland build. I've got big plans for her... but first a bumper of corse. I'm located in Phoenix az.View attachment 54907

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome to OB, if youre looking to outfit the inside you should look at 'SUBOVERLAND' they specialize in outfitting the inside of vehicles for vehicle camping and travelling.

urbanoverland

Rank II

Traveler III

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Guttormson
Member #

Hello all,

I just joined Overland Bound and figured I should make introductions.

I live in the Washington, D.C. area. I run a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic (XJ) "Stacee". As far as overlanding experience, I consider myself to be closer to "experienced." I have done all my own work on my rig and have a significant wish list for improvements!

Excited to join the community!

Attachments

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hello all,

I just joined Overland Bound and figured I should make introductions.

I live in the Washington, D.C. area. I run a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic (XJ) "Stacee". As far as overlanding experience, I consider myself to be closer to "experienced." I have done all my own work on my rig and have a significant wish list for improvements!

Excited to join the community!
Welcome...Nice rig! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: urbanoverland

Traveler I

US
View attachment 55370 View attachment 55371

New to this forum. Think this will be my first post, actually! I grew up in Colorado, and around jeeps and various 4x4. Not new to the outdoors, camping, hiking, and wheeling. New to building overland, though! I've been a member of various jeep forums, with thousands of posts, but have slowly become more interested in being outdoors and learning the overland! I will be all ears for a while.
Hello fellow JF member

Baja_Overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

St Charles, MO
Member #

Hello all! New member, as of yesterday.
It started off simple, as a way for my son and I to do a long road trip to Grand Canyon from St.Louis, and it has progressed into something more. So far we have visited 17 National Parks, in my somewhat off the wall overland rig.

2005 Subaru Baja
St. Charles, MO

Appalachian4wd

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dahlonega, Ga
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Kuehl
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm Chris. Long time stalker, first time member as of today. I grew up in Wisconsin, but I live in Georgia with my wife and two little girls. We decided to buy 03 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4. We needed a bigger family car than our Pathfinder. We looked for a long time and at many different vehicles and decided to get the Sequoia. We love it! We are web and graphic designers and work from home, so we really needed more than being online and the computer world. We like to go hiking and go to the state parks around us, and that got us talking about camping and overlanding. We really love the idea of taking the girls all over and seeing everything we can show them. So that is why we decided to join and become members, so we can learn more from everyone else on here. I'm definitely a novice to overland, so I welcome all of your knowledge.

IMG_20180428_191840.jpg

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

I moved to Utah last August. Pursuing a dream of adventure. There’s a lifetime worth of exploring to do out here and that’s what I’ll be doing. I know what you mean about people not getting as excited as yourself while out seeing the sights. It’s a shame though when I talk to somebody who has lived here their entire life and they don’t get excited about the true magnificence of this state. I guess some locals take it for granted..
Oh yes you are going to love it here, there are great trails all around My first trails were the ones at Strawberry Reservoir Mud Creek area lots of campers in the lower area but head up that thins out into the ATV group then further up it becomes the Over - Land folks, One thing to Keep in mind is there are Bears and not everyone knows how to bear proof the camp sites as for Mountain Lions I have seen them 2 times now but they tend to keep their distant because Humans are too noisy for them. Oh yeah then there are Moose! we was sound asleep in the roof top tent and this Moose stuck his noise right up to the window at 3 or 4 am....... I don't know who made more noise .... Girl Friend screaming, the Moose doing a Snort and Grunting like noise or me laughing so darn hard....

Reactions: Graeman

SutchFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killington Vt
Member #

Hey,
New member from killington Vermont here. I drive a 2007 fj cruiser. Excited to be part of a group that doesn't want to go "mudding" ! My fiancee, dog and I travel around in our spare time exploring the north east. I have been offloading since I could drive and never realized I was more of an overlander then offroader.
FB_IMG_1525221197509.jpg FB_IMG_1525221409052.jpg FB_IMG_1525221357643.jpg FB_IMG_1525221400133.jpg FB_IMG_1525221385758.jpg FB_IMG_1525221375448.jpg FB_IMG_1525221300649.jpg