Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Howdy everyone!! My name is Travis and im from northeast Nebraska! My current rig is a 2017 JKU. A 4" Lift wheels and tires and a few minor mods are all for now. I have a CVT tent im itching to get mounted up. Ive been into overlanding for several years although im really a novice at it. I look forward to getting to know everyine and hooefully one day even meeting some of you all!!!
Welcome to OB Travis have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello. I am from north western connecticut driving a stock f150. Many plans for this vehicle in the future. 10 year old daughter and anouther on the way. We love camping and hope to do a lot more this season as time allows. Been in a few off road clubs from rock crawling to racing. Its time to relax and see the sights and enjoy the drive. Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope to meet many of you on the trail soon
Welcome to OB, hope you get some good camping trips this season. Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. Been overlanding since before it was even a common term here in the states. Mostly just driving an old Land Rover Discovery but miss the days in the FJ40. I like to build all of my own stuff and often travel alone but have decided to finally join the party.
Cheers, I look forward to meeting new people here.
Kris
Welcome to OB Kris, hopefully you can share some of your knowledge with people getting into overlanding

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi Everyone,
Pierre here, leaving in Perth, Australia.
I drive a 2005 Toyota Prado VX Petrol. Love this car for the confort and it takes me pretty much everywhere I want!
I don't consider myself as a novice anymore, I've travelled a fair bit of this beautiful country offroad, but I still have much to learn before being called "experienced" ;)
Welcome to OB, seems like lots of cool areas to drive to in Aus, Im hooked watching 4WD Action on youtube.

Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Howdy Y'all!
Name is Eric but Aztec is my handle on most other things.
I'm from North Texas, North of the DFW area.
I currently have an 05 Tacoma TRD Sport 2WD :cry:
It's paid off and I'm waiting to find a good low mileage 2nd Gen TRD Off-road or similar that I can trade mine in on.
Previous overlanding experience, well I used to be into the Jeep scene, got rid of my lifted ZJ on 33" boggers to help buy our first house and because my first kid was arriving. I've done mudding, rock crawling, and the general off road adventure.
I am getting into overlanding because i love the outdoors and I want my kids to experience them more than I did as a kid.
I like to hike, mountain bike, kayak, camp... You name it I'll probably do it.
Formerly in the Marine Corps, where I did a lot of "camping" ha ha. And shooting, another one of my passions.
I am also big into DIY and fabrication, also kinda cheap... So for most of the parts that I CAN build for my rig I plan on doing them myself. Plus, I like the whole "built not bought" philosophy.

I'm done to meet up with people in my area or for events when I can, but until I find the right truck I won't be doing a whole lot of off roading.
Welcome to OB Eric, you can still get out and explore even with 2wd just make sure you get a pal to give you a pull if needed,
Have fun out t here

Reactions: Hoptodd

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Current Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn Ecodiesel
Previous Vehicle: 2011 Silverado 1500, 2007 Wrangler X 4dr
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I love to Moto Camp and now want to get into Overland to bring the whole family.
Welcome to OB, nice truck! Should be perfect to get the whole family out on the trails.

Have fun out there

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Hey folks, Graham here from Nebraska, USA. My current rig is a 2016 Subaru Forester to get the wife, boy, and 2 pups around. It does fine for now but will eventually need to upsize a bit. Planning on moving into a Taco or 4Runner soon. Amazing how much gear you can amass with small person additions...

Overlanding experience is novice but outdoor experience is high. Been camping/hiking/exploring all over this country since I was young and overlanding seems like a great way to get the family out with me. Being from NE you really have to load up the vehicle and drive to get anywhere! Have explored Europe a bit by vehicle and traveled to Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, and hoping to add others. Best way to see those places is to rent whatever vehicle the renters give you and drive.

Appreciate to be a part of the community and look forward to meeting you guys out there!

freedomomelet#12337

#slowlaneJKU

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cumming, GA
First Name
James
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LPZ
Hey OB fam! New to all this, but I have had to sleep in my jeep before, so I guess I'm officially an overlander.

My wife and I are slowly turning our 2013 stock Rubicon into a trail ready vehicle for the slowlane lifestyle we're prepping for once retirement gets here! We're posting improvements and mod pics to slowlaneJK's instagram account (mainly for family but also to have a platform to go back and look at the progress of it all.)

Can't wait for the meet and greets.
slowlaneJK
Member #12211

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey folks, Graham here from Nebraska, USA. My current rig is a 2016 Subaru Forester to get the wife, boy, and 2 pups around. It does fine for now but will eventually need to upsize a bit. Planning on moving into a Taco or 4Runner soon. Amazing how much gear you can amass with small person additions...

Overlanding experience is novice but outdoor experience is high. Been camping/hiking/exploring all over this country since I was young and overlanding seems like a great way to get the family out with me. Being from NE you really have to load up the vehicle and drive to get anywhere! Have explored Europe a bit by vehicle and traveled to Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, and hoping to add others. Best way to see those places is to rent whatever vehicle the renters give you and drive.

Appreciate to be a part of the community and look forward to meeting you guys out there!

freedomomelet#12337
Welcome.... so your profile pic makes me believe you're a Captain man :sunglasses:

Adventuredad530

Rank II

Contributor III

El Dorado County, California
First Name
William
Last Name
Adkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WROA857
Hi All!

I'm Will, I have a 1999 Toyota 4 Runner 4X4 Limited. It's stock right now, however I have plans to do a 3" suspension lift, off road bumpers, rock sliders, and a winch. I'm new to Overlanding, but our family are always looking for a new adventure, and trail to explore.

SILVERHORSE

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

PENSACOLA
Hello from Pensacola Fla.
I have been an avid offroader and fabricator for 30 years. I have built many rigs over the years. Currently have a 2nd gen. sequoia and an 80 series Landcruiser. I'm in the planning stages now for a 200 series Landcruiser... Looking forward to getting started and helping others! Cheers!

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

freedomomelet#12337
Welcome to OB Graham. Forester will get you lots of places. Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey OB fam! New to all this, but I have had to sleep in my jeep before, so I guess I'm officially an overlander.

My wife and I are slowly turning our 2013 stock Rubicon into a trail ready vehicle for the slowlane lifestyle we're prepping for once retirement gets here! We're posting improvements and mod pics to slowlaneJK's instagram account (mainly for family but also to have a platform to go back and look at the progress of it all.)

Can't wait for the meet and greets.
slowlaneJK
Member #12211
Welcome to OB, love the 'slowlane', would make for a good license plate.
Have fun out there

Reactions: #slowlaneJKU

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi All!

I'm Will, I have a 1999 Toyota 4 Runner 4X4 Limited. It's stock right now, however I have plans to do a 3" suspension lift, off road bumpers, rock sliders, and a winch. I'm new to Overlanding, but our family are always looking for a new adventure, and trail to explore.
Welcome to OB, 4runner sounds like the perfect rig for your family. Have fun out there