Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi all, my name’s Conor and I’m driving a 2018 Tacoma Off-road in the East Bay of San Francisco. I’m I life-long camper and backpacker just getting into the world of off-road exploration. I’ve been following OB and it’s members on social media, and am finally getting involved myself. I hope to see you all at the meet-ups, and on the trails!
Welcome to OB Conor, have fun out there

Pinecone

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey friends, new to forums here, but not new to automotive forum families, fabrication, camping or prepping. Excited to learn, build and share trail-time with some of you folks in the future. My rig is (becoming) a dual purpose daily—work truck and overland rig. The goal is build something cleverly capable and affordable......laughs at self*

Rig: 99 Ram 2500 Reg cab (ex-forestry truck)
Exp. Level: Newb.

Attachments

Reactions: Aussie571

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey friends, new to forums here, but not new to automotive forum families, fabrication, camping or prepping. Excited to learn, build and share trail-time with some of you folks in the future. My rig is (becoming) a dual purpose daily—work truck and overland rig. The goal is build something cleverly capable and affordable......laughs at self*

Rig: 99 Ram 2500 Reg cab (ex-forestry truck)
Exp. Level: Newb.
Welcome to OB, let me know if you find the secret to 'affordable'vehicle mods lol
Have fun out there

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey There Everybody! Long time fan of OB, new time member. My name is Andrew, I live in Northern California in Vallejo. I'm a long time off roader and overlander, and currently have 2 rigs:

-2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 12,000lb winch 35" BFG KO2's

-1993 M925A2 6x6 Cummins with Allison tranny and 20,000lb PTO winch front 50" Michelin XZL's

The 6x6 is a new addition to the family, and still putting it through it's paces, so far, I haven't found anyplace this thing won't go!

View attachment 54334 View attachment 54337 View attachment 54338
Welcome to OB Andrew, that 6x6 is sweet. Not to mention the 2500 is always a good platform to work with.
Have fun out there

Reactions: Acole4x4

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello my name is Shawn. I live in Seattle and I drive a 2003 Subaru Baja. I'm a novice to Overlanding although I've done couple camping trips in my many old Volvo wagons. That doesn't count though.

View attachment 54348 View attachment 54349
Welcome to OB Shawn, you may not think it counts as "Overlanding" but as long as youre getting out and enjoying nature it counts as a good day for me.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello Everyone, We are Nikki and Hugh (AKA K9Overland). Our home base is our 2017 JKU (3rd overland vehicle) and we have been overlanding for quite some time. We are currently in NH but are heading out to the southwest (Utah/AZ) to find a new place to call home base and open up a dog training/boarding facility as well as teaching some survival courses. We have a beautiful Shepherd/Wolf mix (Lily) who goes with us everywhere. We do a lot of hiking so we tend to have a more minimalist style of overlanding. We are a zero impact style of overlander and always leave our sights better than we found them. We have a habit of cleaning dirty campsites we see so our biggest problem tends to be where to store all the exes trash we pick up until we can dump it. Pleasure to meet everyone and we look forward to meeting new friends and contributing to the community here. Oh and here is our HOME!
Welcome to OB Nikki hugh and Lily!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to clean up other peoples mess to make the outdoors more enjoyable for everyone else.

Have fun out there.

Balzannafs

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,

Newby here

Located in the mountains of southeastern Oklahoma, LeFlore county.

Camped and off roaded off and on for years, just now looking to getting started on overlanding. trying to decide what vehicle to start with, I have a 2000 2wd 4runner and wife drives a '08 4x4 Pathfinder. Judging by my available aftermarket options neither of those rigs are ideal. 2wd will cost too much to convert to 4x4 and aftermarket stuff for the Pathfinder is limited.

I own/operate a heavy equipment field service business so if anyone is down in my area and in a bind I should be able to help out, fill service truck with welder, torch, compressor, crane etc.

Now I'm trying to decide on a vehicle to start with....Xterra, 4runner, Tacoma, or Frontier. Guess I should also add we will be taking our two children with us as much as possible, they are 2 and 7. I lean more towards Nissan due to their cost. Open to suggestions! Thanks all, see ya out there

agentorange76

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Asheville, NC
Member #

Howdy y'all,

Been following along for a while now, figured I'd treat myself after exams and finally join before my big trip this summer.

I'm from the mountains of western North Carolina, anything outside, I probably grew up doing it. Love it there; no place like it. I'm a geology student at NC State now, out in Raleigh, livin the high life of losing at all sports, except baseball and volleyball apparently. Love NC State, but I'm not good at living in the city. Helped kickstart a 4x4 club on campus, so thats cool I guess.

I drive a 2000 Jeep affectionate named El Jeepe my dad bought new and passed on to me when I graduated high school. I practically grew up in the thing and love it to death. My first truck was a 76 CJ5 rattle canned construction barrel orange, hence my name. I'll probably make a build thread on here at some point that has some more about me, but I won't bore y'all with that yet. I'm also on expo portal by the same name.

Will

Utah_Nomad

Rank 0

Contributor I

48ED70BE-73F4-4646-AC37-4DA4897DEBBA.jpeg Hello OB!
I’m excited to be part of this group with like-minded people. Vehicle assisted exploration and camping has always been a part of my life, and someday I look forward to passing that on to another generation. Anybody on here in Utah?

My Rig: 2012 Jeep JK
-custom built featherlight overland trailer

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

I spotted this Toyota Land Cruiser ..... and this is the First one I have seen like this oh yeah I'm sure there are more Just not here in this area! anyone tell me about this real bad looking Toyota? it has Diesel engine and it is a 2 door with a much shorter wheel base than the big brother has and it has the "I want it" written all over it .... (maybe) take a look at the pictures IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0088.JPG

Attachments

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

View attachment 55361 Hello OB!
I’m excited to be part of this group with like-minded people. Vehicle assisted exploration and camping has always been a part of my life, and someday I look forward to passing that on to another generation. Anybody on here in Utah?

My Rig: 2012 Jeep JK
-custom built featherlight overland trailer
You Mean Utah ha ha ha? yup welcome to Overland Bound..... Wait a minute I just started with Overland bound too oh well anyways I been in Utah for a few short years now so I can still go many places here and go "Wow!" and everyone else I know says oh ho hum been there..... Currently working on acquiring a new rig for overland because I just sold the Fj Cruiser nothing was wrong with it great rig just towing a boat up hill around here was a bit much for it

Attachments

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello all,

Newby here

Located in the mountains of southeastern Oklahoma, LeFlore county.

Camped and off roaded off and on for years, just now looking to getting started on overlanding. trying to decide what vehicle to start with, I have a 2000 2wd 4runner and wife drives a '08 4x4 Pathfinder. Judging by my available aftermarket options neither of those rigs are ideal. 2wd will cost too much to convert to 4x4 and aftermarket stuff for the Pathfinder is limited.

I own/operate a heavy equipment field service business so if anyone is down in my area and in a bind I should be able to help out, fill service truck with welder, torch, compressor, crane etc.

Now I'm trying to decide on a vehicle to start with....Xterra, 4runner, Tacoma, or Frontier. Guess I should also add we will be taking our two children with us as much as possible, they are 2 and 7. I lean more towards Nissan due to their cost. Open to suggestions! Thanks all, see ya out there
Welcome to OB!
Depending on where you plan on taking your vehicle I think the Pathfinder is a good option. Nice that you already own it too.