Shaun
Last Name
Ross
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ZL2RSA
1) Picture was taken in Marlborough, New Zealand
2) I'm based in Wellington, New Zealand
3) My rig is a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series turb0 diesel (1HD-FTE) with triple diff lockers. I've fitted a bull bar, winch, 2in suspension lift, tow bar, and roof rack. I've also built a storage system for the load bay.
4) My wife and I have been overlanding together for a number of years. We've been fortunate to have travelled in a number of countries around the world. We enjoy getting to explore remote scenic locations.
upload_2018-5-11_0-36-48.jpeg

runnoft

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

texas
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
Thanks for the add to the group.
09 jku
from texas
my trailor is about 3 years old with a tapui RRT with water solar and battery power self built
experienced overlander i would sayjeep.JPG

Archtop67

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Palm Beach Florida
Member #

Hi Everyone! I too officially am a new member! originally form Texas now in South Florida! Rig is my 03 Land Rover Discovery 2.. a work in progress! just installed lift and made my safari rack couple years ago... allot of other things done and to be done!

Reactions: Aussie571

Chris and Scout

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Norman, Oklahoma
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Billings
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm Chris and I drive an older 97 Jeep. I grew up camping with my dad and they are too this day some of my favorite memories so now that I'm off in college I found myself seeking that adventure at every chance possible. I currently live in Norman Oklahoma and was looking for some like minded individuals when I stumbled across the Overland Bound YouTube channel. I'm excited for summer to go on some trips and hopefully meet some of you. My current project is a bed platform for the back of my Jeep so I can sleep off the ground. I'm excited to be part of the group and meet some of you. 20180505_120542(0)-01.jpeg

Sent from my BND-L24 using OB Talk mobile app

Christopher W

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Member #

New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
Location - Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Rig - 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Experience - Novice to overlanding but love adventure and exploring

Archtop67

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Palm Beach Florida
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm Chris and I drive an older 97 Jeep. I grew up camping with my dad and they are too this day some of my favorite memories so now that I'm off in college I found myself seeking that adventure at every chance possible. I currently live in Norman Oklahoma and was looking for some like minded individuals when I stumbled across the Overland Bound YouTube channel. I'm excited for summer to go on some trips and hopefully meet some of you. My current project is a bed platform for the back of my Jeep so I can sleep off the ground. I'm excited to be part of the group and meet some of you. View attachment 56246

Sent from my BND-L24 using OB Talk mobile app
wow that brings back memories! i went to University of Oklahoma ! used to ride MY 85 red JEEP CJ7 there too! lol also alloy of time in ardmor's turner falls and then other side of state around talequa and talamena drive into Arkansas!

TacoInACrowd

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

BC Canada
Member #

Hello all,

I am new to this community and to the whole overlanding thing. I drive a 2005 stock Toyota tacoma manual transmission. I am looking forward to learning about overlanding and about upgrades for my truck.

I plan to build a pop-up camper over the summer and am thinking about a lift. But for now I am just dreaming for the future due to a lack of funds.

I live in south eastern BC Canada, and I am drawn to overlanding as a way t0 access places most people don't get to experience.

P1250055.jpg

Last edited:

DRE_DBLA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alaska
Member #

1)
upload_2018-5-11_13-53-29.jpeg
2) Alaska
3) Rig 06 Jeep Commander
4) Overlanding Experience Background- Novice
I’m Andrae, very new and excited to have the opportunity to be apart of such a great community. We are just getting started on our overland adventure and look forward to gaining much valued insight for those who have come before.

DRE_DBLA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alaska
Member #

Hello all,

I am new to this community and to the whole overlanding thing. I drive a 2005 stock Toyota tacoma manual transmission. I am looking forward to learning about overlanding and about upgrades for my truck.

I plan to build a pop-up camper over the summer and am thinking about a lift. But for now I am just dreaming for the future due to a lack of funds.

I live in south eastern BC Canada, and I am drawn to overlanding as a way t0 access places most people don't get to experience.

View attachment 56261
Welcome ! BC Canada awesome. My family and I will be drivOmg through next month on our journey to Alaska !

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hello, I'm Scott and I live in Tulsa, OK.
I recently purchased a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee as a daily driver. It has been neglected but I have been slowly bringing it up to capable status.
I am completely new to Overlanding. I have tried car camping in the past and failed miserably. View attachment 56149
Welcome Scott from a fellow WJ'er Down Under.... They make great Overlanders!

My 03 4.7 HO Overland20180224_120755.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: csharpe3

4Runningmylife

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

32078285_10155618377600863_3319137132777308160_o.jpg Hi everyone! I'm Jared and I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Happy to be here and get my adventures started. I am new to the overland community, but have wanted to get involved for a while now. My rig is a 2016 4Runner Trail Edition. I'm excited to start modifying it to be expedition ready. If you are in the area, let me know! I'd love to join on upcoming trips.

hlpressley

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indian Trail, NC
Member #

Hello from North Carolina!

Thanks for allowing me to join the group! I am relatively new to Overlanding as a whole but have had some experience with off-roading in years past. I’m looking forward to learning and interacting with the group!

My rig is an 06 4Runner Sport. Picked it up just a few weeks ago and have done some mild upgrades to include suspension lift, wheels, tires, etc.

BDB6E815-1A5F-4CAB-97D4-5E26177BBD30.jpeg

BFA9C884-85F9-460D-BCA1-4DCB65F83D13.jpeg