Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sammamish, WA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FDA
Hello all,

Complete novice in the overland world but looking forward to exploring. Grew up in the outdoors here in Washington state as a boy scout and then in a variety of other activities. Raced mountain bikes (downhill mostly) for 10+ years before learning what it's like to break vs. bend - not on the bike as much anymore but still like to explore the trails. Got into fly fishing when I was quite young and continue to enjoy those trips with my father. Got into mountaineering about 8 years or so ago after finally getting sick of "saying" I would some day stand on top of Rainier. Finally did, as well as Baker, St. Helens, Adams, and numerous peaks in the cascades (Eldorado and Boston Basin are incredible). I work in the business world and my escape and one of the few things that clears my head and feeds my soul is getting outdoors. Looking forward to exploring with my children and wife and seeing them grow up and appreciate the outdoors as well.

Recently purchased a 2017 F-150 Supercrew XLT which is my daily driver (not the easiest parking downtown in tight garages these days!) and will be slowly modifying to be better suited for light duty overlanding. Looking forward to meeting OBers and learning from all of you.

truck_carnation.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just joined. Live in Petaluma CA. Love the outdoors and meandering thru life. Exploring every possible nook and cranny of this earth. My Jeep is a 2015 rubicon with a Roofnest tent. I am looking forward to seeing cool places to go, others rigs and sharing what I know. View attachment 53238View attachment 53239View attachment 53240

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up. Sonoma County had one meet-up last year but nothing since. Meet-ups are a good way to meet other OB members so if your interested watch the meet-up page and calendar.

Brandon Doehring

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Member #

hello, I'm Brandon, I'm from Redcliff, Alberta, Canada. I just bought a 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro4X that I'll be building up. Lift, Sliders, Tires first. PRG Products is sending me a 3" lift. AAL and shackle rear, Coilover spacers in the front.

Attachments

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Sure did, thanks bro! Just found out when we got home from our adventure that my brother is gonna be a grandpa! So we are stoked and been organizing a family dinner to celebrate the new baby.

**but our family knows that our Jeeps are our babies! Ha

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Hawaii86

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

What is up guys and gals. I am new to the forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is McKay. I currently live on Oahu, Hawaii. I do not really have any experience overlanding but am excited to learn. My ride is a 1986 toyota 4runner. She is my baby and her is Ophelia. She has steel front and rear bumpers, tiger shark 9500lbs winch, manual locking hubs and currently running 265/75/16s. She loves cruising at 55 on the highways with her 22re. Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Nor Cal Ursa

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

McKinleyville, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Howdy Everyone,
New Overlander here in the Bay Area CA.

I am just getting into more serious overland traveling.
I have spent many years casually traveling dirt roads for fun and I look forward to enjoying more remote destinations with a more exciting and challenging trails.

Rig: Mostly stock 2016 Tacoma Off-Road Double Cab Short bed named Darth Yota by my buddy because she is mostly blacked out.
Upgrades so far: Onboard ARB Heavy Duty Compressor in the rear left storage compartment. MBRP 3" Cat Back Exhaust

Last edited:

Traveler I

Hello everyone!

I'm located in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've never had an overlanding rig and I still don't until I do some upgrading to my new car. I've purchased a 2017 Subaru Outback - Base which I'll be making upgrades too in preparation for the summer. Some priority additions would be a bush bar, some fog lights, and a roof rack (with tools). Some dream additions would be a 2" lift kit, armor to mount on the chassis to protect some overly exposed mechanicals, a roof tent, and a new center console audio/navigation system.

Here's a photo from this winter.

XJ Gremlin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Powers
Member #

Greetings All! My name is Scott.
Experience; I am an old 4xWheeler and camper getting back into the relaxation and gremlin ridden joy of the outdoors after years of being M.I.A! I say "Gremlin ridden" rather tongue in cheek-ish. Back in the day when something broke, the common refrain was "just consider it an ADVENTURE!" Seeing how we liked to camp near mountain tops, the Adventures usually included broken universals and spring hangers ripping out of frames, lol. Obviously I am no expert, or I would have picked a better spotter!

I am located in Eastern PA and hoping to find like minded individuals who are not just into pay to play wheeling, which seems to be all there is here any more. If you know of any long scenic trails where one can take a family camping, relax, and just decompress, I am all ears and fresh tires!

Vehicles:
1962 CJ-5 Jeep
A more "refined" 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ undergoing an overlanding oriented refresh.
1948 Willys CJ-2A
1942 Willys MB, because jeeps are a disease apparently...
M416 Trailer, also under expedition conversion.

Malay Patel

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Hello All,
New to the forum, and new to Overlanding. My name is Malay and I live with my wife in Northern NJ. Zero overlanding experience but I do enjoy camping (car) when I can and most outdoor activities. Excited to find there is a forum like this for those adventure bound. Rig is a stock 2012 Tacoma DCSB that I will be looking to build over the next few years since I no longer have car payments on it!

Looking forward to the community and contributing and questioning whenever I can.

Carlosiris

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

oOlando
Member #

My name is Carlos original from Dominican Republic
Current Vehicle: 2001 Lexus LX470
Previous Vehicle: 2007 Toyota FJ
Overland Experience: Novice
I've always been an outdoor type of person and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I'm also an automotive enthusiast and enjoy modifying vehicles, or offroading. Overlanding is a great combination of those two passions and I've been hooked ever since

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Richard Sherman
Laguna Beach, CA
Looking for a low mile, clean, 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser....may buy one this coming Friday. Fingers crossed as I've been looking for a while for the right base rig for my build.
New OB Member # 11229

I've always been into the great outdoors; surfing, hiking, mountain biking, 4x4'ing, skiing, hunting, fishing....and just about anything else that involves being in the great outdoors. We spend a good deal of time down in Baja where we have a second home (more like a shack for glamping...but its on the beach, so I'm not complaining!!) I do love exploring down there, and always better with friends. I'm really looking forward to connecting with some of you in the days and months ahead. My wife and I are planning on meeting up next month with my daughter who'll be flying in from Georgia to attend the Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ. Looking forward to sponging up as much as I can so I can get off on the right foot with my rig.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello All,

My Name is Darrin and I’m located in Spokane, WA. We’ve had a number of rigs over the years from Jeep, Xterra, and Tacoma. Our current exploaration vehicle is a Subi but we are looking to get back to adventuring deeper off the beaten path so we are currently evaluating our next rig.
My family and I are avid and experienced campers but off-road novices.

Welcome to OB

Reactions: Crapitecture