• HTML tutorial

Aztec1369

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Krum, Texas
Member #

Howdy Y'all!
Name is Eric but Aztec is my handle on most other things.
I'm from North Texas, North of the DFW area.
I currently have an 05 Tacoma TRD Sport 2WD :cry:
It's paid off and I'm waiting to find a good low mileage 2nd Gen TRD Off-road or similar that I can trade mine in on.
Previous overlanding experience, well I used to be into the Jeep scene, got rid of my lifted ZJ on 33" boggers to help buy our first house and because my first kid was arriving. I've done mudding, rock crawling, and the general off road adventure.
I am getting into overlanding because i love the outdoors and I want my kids to experience them more than I did as a kid.
I like to hike, mountain bike, kayak, camp... You name it I'll probably do it.
Formerly in the Marine Corps, where I did a lot of "camping" ha ha. And shooting, another one of my passions.
I am also big into DIY and fabrication, also kinda cheap... So for most of the parts that I CAN build for my rig I plan on doing them myself. Plus, I like the whole "built not bought" philosophy.

I'm done to meet up with people in my area or for events when I can, but until I find the right truck I won't be doing a whole lot of off roading.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi Everyone,
Pierre here, leaving in Perth, Australia.
I drive a 2005 Toyota Prado VX Petrol. Love this car for the confort and it takes me pretty much everywhere I want!
I don't consider myself as a novice anymore, I've travelled a fair bit of this beautiful country offroad, but I still have much to learn before being called "experienced" ;)
Welcome Pierre....I'm located in Tamworth NSW!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi All,
I'm from Wollongong Australia.
I am new to overlanding\4wding.
I drive a 2016 Ford Ranger XLS. Which happens to be my first 4wd.

Cheers
Stuart
Welcome to OB Stuart...nice Ranger...my son has a 2014 Wildtrak...I'm located in Tamworth NSW.

Reactions: Stuart Telfer

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Thomas Fletcher, Aurora CO. Worked outside most of my life& loved it. Mary my wife of 49 yr. yesterday and I are now handicapped & retired. We overland a bit differently than some. We drive a 2016 Jeep JKU & pull a 17' R pod off road trailer, you can see it at expo west.
Welcome from Australia... Thomas and Mary...nice rig and trailer....doesn't matter how as long you do!

CampingFishing

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Hi,
I live in Beaverton, Oregon. It is just west of Portland.
Rig: 2017 Ford F150 FX4. But I have my eye on a Colorado ZR2 or the Jeep truck coming out next year.
Experience: Years ago I did a lot of backpacking. Now I have a couple of kids so I have been doing a lot of car camping.
My kids are now 10 and 8 years old so I am going to be doing more exploring in Oregon. I have spend most camping time at the coast. I want to see what else Oregon and Washington have to offer.

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Hi,
I live in Beaverton, Oregon. It is just west of Portland.
Rig: 2017 Ford F150 FX4. But I have my eye on a Colorado ZR2 or the Jeep truck coming out next year.
Experience: Years ago I did a lot of backpacking. Now I have a couple of kids so I have been doing a lot of car camping.
My kids are now 10 and 8 years old so I am going to be doing more exploring in Oregon. I have spend most camping time at the coast. I want to see what else Oregon and Washington have to offer.
There are a few of us from Beaverton [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

I'm new. Been overlanding for a little over a year. Living in Portland, OR. Originally from Northern British Columbia, Canada. Driving on dirt is like going home for me :-)

2008 Toyota Tundra with Bilstein 6112's on the front, 5160's on the back. +3/+1.5 suspension lift. Softopper, CB, etc. Waiting on new Rock Sliders from a local fabricator.
@bluehiro, which fabricator are you working with?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

centralcruiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

West Des Moines, Iowa
Member #

Hi all Justin here,

Rig: 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser 3x Locked with 33in tires and an OME lifts so far
Previous rig: 1988 Ford Bronco
Why overlanding? I am originally from California and enjoyed having the trails in my backyard. Now that im out of state im really starting to get into the overlanding side of it as now i have to travel to get to all of the good trails.

Look forward to being apart of the community.

Derision

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Where I Am
Member #

'Ello 'ello.

I'm AJ, from, er, the east coast. I live in Maryland and work in New Jersey, so I do quite a bit of back-and-forth (3-4 days in Maryland, 3-4 in Jersey, like 800 miles per week). All of that is done in my 328,000 mile, mostly stock, saggy-leafed '93 XJ.

Mods are primarily throwing in a CB (which actually gets used on three-hour commutes), and bolting a foot locker to the rear floor of the jeep, in which I keep just about every tool and spare part I own for when I inevitably break something and need to fix it at a Turnpike rest stop. So far, most of my off-road experience has been in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey, though I did do some camping out in Virginia a few years ago. I have a ridiculous tent that the Jeep can dock to, and which sleeps like nine, and I'm dying to actually get to use it again. "This summer," I keep telling myself.

Anyway. Hi!

968990_10151625394480102_144361948_n.jpg

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

Joe, AKA shad0fx
Member 10469

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
- Well, my current rig is a 2002 Toyota Camry. I have a project jeep that is a 1984 J10. I'm looking at trading the Toyota in for a jeep rig at some point. Not many good pics of it yet.

2) Location (General area is fine)
- Lincoln, Nebraska. (Go Huskers)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
- Current project 1984 Jeep J10.
- Looking at trading my Toyota Camry in for a jeep soon.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- New to most of it. I've watched a lot of videos and know how to turn a wrench or two. But I am no expert.

I'm a single dad. Love jeeps. I love the concept of overlanding. being outdoors, enjoying mother earth. yeah I see the appeal for rock crawling and mudding. I haven't experienced much yet. Going to change that soon.

Ditch

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Park, Pennsylvania
Member #

Hello to all !
I go by Ditch and my OB No. is 11984. I am in Southeastern Pennsylvania and have a mind to learn much here (if I only had a mind.)
I am hoping that my name does not become a reality for my rig. I truly want to keep it out of the ditch. That HEMI gives the truck other ideas though.
Thank goodness for guardrails.
I drive a 2016 Dodge Ram Rebel (pics forthcoming as I learn how to load them). I have just started to dress it out. My first step was to remove the side rails on the bed and have an ARE cap installed as I am a gear junkie.
I would like to do more traveling as this country is so beautiful, so hopefully I will have an opportunity to share a fireside chat with other members.

armourbl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

Brand new the forum. Been lurking in the world of overland adventure now for several years. Recently picked up a new Jeep and knew I needed to make things more official by becoming a member. I've been to the Overland Expo before, and I'm very impressed with all of the setups and the people who attended. Planning to attend the West Expo in May with my wife.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and have experienced Arizona from the seat of dirt bikes and adventure motorcycles. The idea of getting the Jeep was to begin doing more four-wheeled adventures and bringing along my wife and family when possible so they can begin to see what the this great state has to offer. I also hope to spend my retirement traveling and exploring.

My jeep details are in my signature. Pic is from the first dirt trip up Cherry Creek Road to hike the indian ruins in the area.

16396.jpeg

ben

AR_R_OW

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Northwestern Michigan
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Hankins
Member #

I'm Spencer, from Northwestern Michigan, looking to meet some experienced people in this lovely hobby. Looking for a lot of information on longterm offroading set ups

1) When the snow melts ill go take a picture
2) Boyne Falls Michigan
3) 2007 Nissan Xterra S 6spd
4) Been an offroader since i could sit in the front seat of my dads CJ, now im the driver and taking my family out into the untraveled locations.

Matt23

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wisconsin
First Name
Matt
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi everyone. Im Matt from Wisconsin. Glad to be here.

1. From Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
  2. Currently driving an 04 Tahoe, hope to be in something else next year
  3. Zero experience but looking forward to getting into it. Camped all my life. Last 10 years or so started permanent site camping. Did some backpacking the last couple years. Looking to meet in the middle.