Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Day 1 - zero mods. Basic "Wallyworld" camping kit.
Grew up in the country on Chesapeake Eastern Shore.
Life has delivered me to San Antonio, Texas
This is the first vehicle I have ever been able to buy, with every option I cared to order. I waited 11 weeks for a TRD Off-Road DCLB in Quicksand with the Technology Package. I'm paying through the nose each month, but I am IN LOVE. No regrets!
I have two little boys, 3 and 4, and my wife has expressed that she would be WILLING to TRY camping... :-) (She also says the TRD 4Runner in that new Cavalry Blue looks really nice! I need a RAISE! Quick!) So, one of our first destinations is just going to be the Texas Gulf Coast camping on the beach. I can't afford a camper shell at the moment, but I am planning a ladder rack and expanded metal decking up top.
I am also a ham radio operator and I'm looking forward to setting up 50 foot antennas in the middle of nowhere and talking to the world.
Joined after watching Michael's Live Stream with OB_Fake. That pretentious bas... I'm new. And I'm Overland Bound! :-p
I grew up KOA camping with my family every year. Also, in a region where "muddin" was a common Saturday night affair. We also did our share of camping in the woods as boys. Looking forward to combining all of that with my beautiful new TRD...

kc
K9SPY

Welcome to OB friend

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi Everybody,

Been a fan of the Overland Bound YouTube channel for a while now and have been looking to up my camping game into something more adventurous. I've been camping, hiking, backpacking, fishing, etc all my life but have always stopped when the road does. Hoping to change that this year. With the help of some local clubs and this community, I have no doubts I will.

I'm a new owner of a 2018 Subaru Outback and I'm itching to make some off road friendly tweaks and get out into the wilderness with "Otto".

Welcome to OB friend

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I'm Ed and definitely a novice to overlanding but love learning more and more and getting outside as much as possible. I'm located in south jersey area and my rig is a 2016 4runner trail with almost no mods other than a 1.5" spacer lift in the front and BFG KO2s. I do alot of driving for work on the highway so I am limited as to what I can do to modify the 4runner but am looking into a roof rack and rock sliders as my next 2 mods. Can't wait to meet people who share these interests and learn as much as possible.
Welcome to OB!
Your vehicle will never need a ton of mods to be crazy capable on trails, thats the beauty of the 4runners

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 51327 Hi my Name is Leo I live in Ventura, CA

I just picked up a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Previous vehicle: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 with an additional 2" lift. It was never the same after a hit and run last year. So I opted for something with some fuel economy and would get me where I needed to go.

I guess I would consider myself a novice with the outback because I’ve only had it a few months. It is stock and I don’t know its limitations yet. I have taken it out and got it dirty a few times. I plan on tires, a lift kit, and addition modifications but in time. I know it will not do what my truck could do but for now it lets me get to where I need to go. I would consider myself intermediate with the truck. I drove 5 ton & 10 ton wreckers and a tracked recover vehicle in the field while in the Army. I used to hike a lot while younger. I still Camp, Kayak, & Hunt. I am pretty comfortable in the outdoors. I’m looking forward to getting out on the trails a bit more. I also recently joined MtnRoo which is a Subaru off road community.
My profession was a heavy equipment mechanic for 25 years. After some injuries & surgeries I had a change in careers which led me to my newer profession and has somewhat limited my outdoor physical activity. I am now a Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician. So basically I fabricate braces, medical devices, and prosthetic limbs for a medical practitioner’s office.

View attachment 51327
Welcome to OB

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi there!
My name is Alessandro, and I share the passion for over-landing.
I am Italian and live in Aviano.
I drive a 2006 Land Rover Defender 110 TD5. It is basic and I load tools and gear depending of where I go and what I need to do.
My overlanding experience is moderate with my own vehicle, but a bit better with my job.
In the picture below I am driving my vehicle this winter near home.
Thank you for the great info you are sharing on this forum.
Ciao!

View attachment 51403
Welcome to OB, love the Defenders

Reactions: rooftentoverland

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 51404 I live in Southern California. I have very extensive backpacking ,camping ,and outdoors experience. I have some experience with off road vehicles. I recently had two children so I decided what better way to let them experience our country and the outdoors than from a capable vehicle. After about a year of researching what vehicle I wanted to make the platform for our overland rig I finally decided what best suited our family. I just purchased a 2018 Toyota 4runner trd off road.
Welcome to OB, congrats on the 4runner! what a great purchase

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

My name is Andy, I live in LA. I have a lot of camping experience, but am relatively new to offloading and overlanding. I have a 2017 Jeep JK WILLYS, and have really been enjoying hitting the trails here in Southern California. What a perfect place for this. Can't wait to meet some of you, hit the trails together and learn from you more experienced folks!View attachment 51413
Welcome to OB

Reactions: AndyInLA

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 51414 What up fellow adventurers!!!
My name is Dan, my family and I grateful to have found you guys.

Rig: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon “The RVeep”
Experience: we’ve got a couple of road trips under our belt and dig tent camping and all things outdoor. If I had to label us, I’d say we are intermediate / beginner. But we are an adventuring family looking to see and do new cool things and test the limits of our skills and gear.
Welcome to OB, I like the RVeep!

Reactions: Sheepdog831

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 51465 Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I live in Las Vegas, NV. Just picked up another Nissan Frontier Pro4x. I had one a couple years ago that served me well and just upgraded to a newer year. I have a littler experience over landing, but I’m always looking to grow and learn
Welcome to OB, the frontiers are a nice platform. I expect to see more of them in the future.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey everyone,

My name is Vince and I recently moved to San Antonio, TX about a year ago. Recently purchased a 2017 RAV 4 Hybrid. I'm new to the overlanding scene with only a handful or camping trips under my belt but I'm excited to grow and learn new things from this forum and from the members.
Welcome to OB Vince, no time like the present to get out and explore and get some trail experience.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi. Joined OB about a year ago, but this is my first post.

My family and I live in Vermont. I’m not sure of my overlanding status, but I first got interested in overland travel when I drove the Baja peninsula in 2003 in my Toyota truck. Since then I have been hooked on exploring and camping.

Our primary rig is a 2011 Ford Van 4x4. This week I’m adding a rtt and solar. We travel with two toddlers so we need space and power.

The second rig is a 2005 Ford Ambulance. It generally serves as our weekender beach vehicle. It’s 2wd and huge so we im not sure I want it off road. It is great for campgrounds bc you just plug in and it’s all set.
Welcome to OB, both rigs sounds pretty awesome, I thought about living/travelling in an old ambulance for a while.

Chris Owens

Rank II

Advocate II

Vermont
Member #

Thanks! Yeah, the ambo is cool. The only problem is that it’s so solid that you can’t get cell or WiFi with the doors closed. That kind of irritates the kids. Lol. Seriously though, they make a great travel vehicle.

bluehiro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I'm new. Been overlanding for a little over a year. Living in Portland, OR. Originally from Northern British Columbia, Canada. Driving on dirt is like going home for me :-)

2008 Toyota Tundra with Bilstein 6112's on the front, 5160's on the back. +3/+1.5 suspension lift. Softopper, CB, etc. Waiting on new Rock Sliders from a local fabricator.

Traveler I

Howdy everyone!! My name is Travis and im from northeast Nebraska! My current rig is a 2017 JKU. A 4" Lift wheels and tires and a few minor mods are all for now. I have a CVT tent im itching to get mounted up. Ive been into overlanding for several years although im really a novice at it. I look forward to getting to know everyine and hooefully one day even meeting some of you all!!!

Cowboyupdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Torrington, CT
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Vonrichthofen
Member #

Hello. I am from north western connecticut driving a stock f150. Many plans for this vehicle in the future. 10 year old daughter and anouther on the way. We love camping and hope to do a lot more this season as time allows. Been in a few off road clubs from rock crawling to racing. Its time to relax and see the sights and enjoy the drive. Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope to meet many of you on the trail soon

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. Been overlanding since before it was even a common term here in the states. Mostly just driving an old Land Rover Discovery but miss the days in the FJ40. I like to build all of my own stuff and often travel alone but have decided to finally join the party.
Cheers, I look forward to meeting new people here.
Kris

Pierre37

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Perth, WA, Australia
Member #

Hi Everyone,
Pierre here, leaving in Perth, Australia.
I drive a 2005 Toyota Prado VX Petrol. Love this car for the confort and it takes me pretty much everywhere I want!
I don't consider myself as a novice anymore, I've travelled a fair bit of this beautiful country offroad, but I still have much to learn before being called "experienced" ;)

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Hi Everyone,
Pierre here, leaving in Perth, Australia.
I drive a 2005 Toyota Prado VX Petrol. Love this car for the confort and it takes me pretty much everywhere I want!
I don't consider myself as a novice anymore, I've travelled a fair bit of this beautiful country offroad, but I still have much to learn before being called "experienced" ;)
Hi, and welcome! Beautiful country you have to explore, i hope i will get to offroad there someday.

Sent from my SM-T377R4 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Pierre37