Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is April, I live in the greater Sacramento area with my partner Thomas. I have been adventuring since I was 18. I used to push my two-door car to the limits in the canyon until I graduated to a bigger and better vehicle with more capabilities. This is how I learned to drive and maneuver my way around the trail obstacles.

I always told myself I would buy a Jeep and travel the U.S. I put it off for a long time due to excuses. I’m not getting any younger! I finally committed and bought a 2012 Jeep JKU. I put off major modifications due to lack of incentive and cash until our friends planned a trip to Utah where I put my skills to the test once again. Let’s just say I think I hit my threshold as of now on Utah’s Hells Revenge or I was extremely exhausted from that week’s previous trails. I made it through, thanks to my partner (my spotter) and our friends to helping spot and put the entire trip together. I now have the adventure bug even more.

My rig is my 2012 Jeep JKU; locked, skid plates, winch, rack, rooftop tent, etc.

Thank you!
View attachment 48425 View attachment 48427 View attachment 48428
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders, great looking JKU.

fj.adventure

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sparta WI
Member #

Hello one and all my name is Kameron and I have a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’ve had it for 2 years and wasn’t 100% sure what direction I wanted to go with it so I started looking into overlanding and driving all over the country and trail riding sounded pretty amazing to me. At the moment I’m working on making my rig liveable and then I will move on to off-road capability the goal as of right now it to make it to the top of the world in Utah next fall

Attachments

Last edited:

Crapitecture

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Spokane, WA
Member #

Hello All,

My Name is Darrin and I’m located in Spokane, WA. We’ve had a number of rigs over the years from Jeep, Xterra, and Tacoma. Our current exploaration vehicle is a Subi but we are looking to get back to adventuring deeper off the beaten path so we are currently evaluating our next rig.
My family and I are avid and experienced campers but off-road novices.

PGSIMMONS2

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

10 Peterson Street, Millville, NJ 08332
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

1) Picture coming
2) Millville NJ (southern NJ)
3) Rig 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
4) Novice i.e. Zero, I own a small craft brewery in Millville NJ, I have always loved the outdoors and exploring. There isn't much in southern NJ in the way of overlanding options, but I am looking to lean on this group to gather information on great areas to go along the east coast as well as all over north america. I have no equipment just yet, but i look to slowly accumulate equipment over the next few years as I hopefully get further involved. I look forward to meeting some of you and hoping to make it to the overland expo east this fall!

HERMTT

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

Hi! My name is Simon.

Info below.

Rig: Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6, 2006 model.
Experience: Novice. Grew up in a small town where we use to camp and explore on a weekly bases. Now my fiance and I try and escape the city as often as possible.

View attachment 51178

We have two trips coming up. One for the weekend to Klein Tafel Berg (http://www.kleintafelberg4x4.co.za/) and another over Easter Weekend for 5 days to the Tankwa Karoo and the Klein Karoo area. It's about 800-1000km.
View attachment 51184
Welcome! We'll be out in the Tankwa Karoo and the coast at the end of April. The overlanding in SA is awesome.

Reactions: Jeff M

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

View attachment 51291 Hello from Lubbock, Texas! We are a family that enjoys camping, outdoor activities, and the mountains. We recently purchased an XVenture trailer and RTT after discovering overlanding. Our primary vehicle is a 4x4 Chevy Silverado for now.
Hey there! Welcome to the Overland Bound forum. Great to see another XVenture trailer owner. I have an XV-2, and there are a couple others of us around. One of these warmer days (I'm in Maine for awhile helping out family) we should get an XVenture Trailer meetup together. I come through the Lubbock area occasionally and if you're up for a coffee or beer, I'll give you a few days heads up.

Lots of interesting people here, and a wide array of skill and experience.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything,

Road

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

1) Picture coming
2) Millville NJ (southern NJ)
3) Rig 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
4) Novice i.e. Zero, I own a small craft brewery in Millville NJ, I have always loved the outdoors and exploring. There isn't much in southern NJ in the way of overlanding options, but I am looking to lean on this group to gather information on great areas to go along the east coast as well as all over north america. I have no equipment just yet, but i look to slowly accumulate equipment over the next few years as I hopefully get further involved. I look forward to meeting some of you and hoping to make it to the overland expo east this fall!
Welcome to the Overland Bound forums, @PGSIMMONS2 ! Great group of people here, of quite a wide variety in location, skill, experience, and opinion.

You know, don't you, that you don't have to have equipment yet, because if you own and run a small craft brewery, you can get a boatload---err, I should say camperload or overlanderload--of members to come to you with their vehicles and tents and other equipment, start and end their trips there, and have their swap meets there with your help, and more. You will learn so much about what everyone has for rides, what they use for gear, what they have to sell or trade, and so much more. A small craft brewery . . . dang man, I think I had a brother named Simmons. . . :tongueclosed:

TNToverlanders

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lubbock, Texas
Member #

Hey there! Welcome to the Overland Bound forum. Great to see another XVenture trailer owner. I have an XV-2, and there are a couple others of us around. One of these warmer days (I'm in Maine for awhile helping out family) we should get an XVenture Trailer meetup together. I come through the Lubbock area occasionally and if you're up for a coffee or beer, I'll give you a few days heads up.

Lots of interesting people here, and a wide array of skill and experience.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything,

Road

Sounds good. Interested to see how you are using your trailer - additions, mods etc. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Road

K9SPY

Rank 0

Traveler I

Day 1 - zero mods. Basic "Wallyworld" camping kit.
Grew up in the country on Chesapeake Eastern Shore.
Life has delivered me to San Antonio, Texas
This is the first vehicle I have ever been able to buy, with every option I cared to order. I waited 11 weeks for a TRD Off-Road DCLB in Quicksand with the Technology Package. I'm paying through the nose each month, but I am IN LOVE. No regrets!
I have two little boys, 3 and 4, and my wife has expressed that she would be WILLING to TRY camping... :-) (She also says the TRD 4Runner in that new Cavalry Blue looks really nice! I need a RAISE! Quick!) So, one of our first destinations is just going to be the Texas Gulf Coast camping on the beach. I can't afford a camper shell at the moment, but I am planning a ladder rack and expanded metal decking up top.
I am also a ham radio operator and I'm looking forward to setting up 50 foot antennas in the middle of nowhere and talking to the world.
Joined after watching Michael's Live Stream with OB_Fake. That pretentious bas... I'm new. And I'm Overland Bound! :-p
I grew up KOA camping with my family every year. Also, in a region where "muddin" was a common Saturday night affair. We also did our share of camping in the woods as boys. Looking forward to combining all of that with my beautiful new TRD...

kc
K9SPY

DaveT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hi Everybody,

Been a fan of the Overland Bound YouTube channel for a while now and have been looking to up my camping game into something more adventurous. I've been camping, hiking, backpacking, fishing, etc all my life but have always stopped when the road does. Hoping to change that this year. With the help of some local clubs and this community, I have no doubts I will.

I'm a new owner of a 2018 Subaru Outback and I'm itching to make some off road friendly tweaks and get out into the wilderness with "Otto".

WalkingBear

Rank V

Pathfinder II

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Landeros
Member #

Day 1 - zero mods. Basic "Wallyworld" camping kit.
Grew up in the country on Chesapeake Eastern Shore.
Life has delivered me to San Antonio, Texas
This is the first vehicle I have ever been able to buy, with every option I cared to order. I waited 11 weeks for a TRD Off-Road DCLB in Quicksand with the Technology Package. I'm paying through the nose each month, but I am IN LOVE. No regrets!
I have two little boys, 3 and 4, and my wife has expressed that she would be WILLING to TRY camping... :-) (She also says the TRD 4Runner in that new Cavalry Blue looks really nice! I need a RAISE! Quick!) So, one of our first destinations is just going to be the Texas Gulf Coast camping on the beach. I can't afford a camper shell at the moment, but I am planning a ladder rack and expanded metal decking up top.
I am also a ham radio operator and I'm looking forward to setting up 50 foot antennas in the middle of nowhere and talking to the world.
Joined after watching Michael's Live Stream with OB_Fake. That pretentious bas... I'm new. And I'm Overland Bound! :-p
I grew up KOA camping with my family every year. Also, in a region where "muddin" was a common Saturday night affair. We also did our share of camping in the woods as boys. Looking forward to combining all of that with my beautiful new TRD...

kc
K9SPY
KC,
I'm also in San Antonio, new member of the overlanding community (I didn't know but I have been camping for years with a family of 4 and that qualifies as overlanding as well...lol.)
In a serious note; my original intent joining OB was to find like minded people in my area and eventually go on an epic trip.
I noticed your member number was before mine so I can't say welcome to the family but I would say looking forward to meeting and having a great time!
See you on the trails!

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jeff M

Ed Bo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

South Jersey
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Bowe
Member #

I'm Ed and definitely a novice to overlanding but love learning more and more and getting outside as much as possible. I'm located in south jersey area and my rig is a 2016 4runner trail with almost no mods other than a 1.5" spacer lift in the front and BFG KO2s. I do alot of driving for work on the highway so I am limited as to what I can do to modify the 4runner but am looking into a roof rack and rock sliders as my next 2 mods. Can't wait to meet people who share these interests and learn as much as possible.

805drum

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ventura, CA
Member #

Leo'sIphone3.18.18 065.JPG Hi my Name is Leo I live in Ventura, CA

I just picked up a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Previous vehicle: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 with an additional 2" lift. It was never the same after a hit and run last year. So I opted for something with some fuel economy and would get me where I needed to go.

I guess I would consider myself a novice with the outback because I’ve only had it a few months. It is stock and I don’t know its limitations yet. I have taken it out and got it dirty a few times. I plan on tires, a lift kit, and addition modifications but in time. I know it will not do what my truck could do but for now it lets me get to where I need to go. I would consider myself intermediate with the truck. I drove 5 ton & 10 ton wreckers and a tracked recover vehicle in the field while in the Army. I used to hike a lot while younger. I still Camp, Kayak, & Hunt. I am pretty comfortable in the outdoors. I’m looking forward to getting out on the trails a bit more. I also recently joined MtnRoo which is a Subaru off road community.
My profession was a heavy equipment mechanic for 25 years. After some injuries & surgeries I had a change in careers which led me to my newer profession and has somewhat limited my outdoor physical activity. I am now a Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician. So basically I fabricate braces, medical devices, and prosthetic limbs for a medical practitioner’s office.

Leo'sIphone3.18.18 065.JPG