Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ktor

Rank I

Contributor III

Welcome aboard! put some details on that trailer over in the trailer thread, its a unique build.
Thanks Bouncer, like everything in life, it is a compromise for me...usable as a basic utility trailer for hauling stuff, but then it has off road capability and tons of storage for overlanding. Hoping the Baroud rtt will fit the way I envision it, and then I will post about it...once it's had a good test run

MacDaddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

Sorry about my short hello yesterday but with all the repairs the utility companies are still doing here in NY my wireless likes to take a siesta whenever it likes.
Past rigs 86 Ramcharger
93 Jeep YJ
99 Jeep TJ
99 Dodge 2500
06 Jeep TJ
04 Jeep Gr Cherokee
Current 2012 Power Wagon Just ordered a topper and currently looking at either the “Decked Bed” storage system or building my own to get out and explore. All the previous rigs were built for 4-wheel use and some light pathfinder excursions. Now that I’m retired I really want to get out and enjoy our great out doors so any tips for building my rig are welcome. Thanks

AZ Explorer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phx, AZ
Member #

Hello Everyone, my name is Mynor.
I live outside of Phoenix AZ
I overland in a 2008 FJ Cruiser modified to live out of it and an AT trailer for more leisurely trips with my Wife and Daughter.
I’ve been 4 wheeling and camping my entire life but now we know it as “overlanding”.
I look forward to meeting more good people with our common interest, learning from them and hopefully get to help someone along the way as we share our experiences.
4F67C680-B473-4E9E-A6D4-DF612518B41A.jpeg A7E76609-A0D2-449E-B3E2-A1303DE7152B.png

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello!

My wife and I have been going to the Overland expo for several years mainly just to look at cool stuff and escape the heat down in the AZ valley. Then we realized “hey, this obviously interests us and we are always talking about getting out so let’s stop the talk and DO!”

I’ve also watched the youtube channel for lots of tips and inspiration. I decided to join because we are starting to move on from build phase and getting out more, and further. Wanted to be part of community that has a wealth of knowledge and knows the hidden gems to camp at.

Experience: Semi-noob

Rig: 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highland Edition. Build in progress.

And of course Pics!
View attachment 50600View attachment 50601View attachment 50602

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome.... Nice setup. Like the drawer system next to the fridge.

Reactions: AZBubs

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello Everyone, my name is Mynor.
I live outside of Phoenix AZ
I overland in a 2008 FJ Cruiser modified to live out of it and an AT trailer for more leisurely trips with my Wife and Daughter.
I’ve been 4 wheeling and camping my entire life but now we know it as “overlanding”.
I look forward to meeting more good people with our common interest, learning from them and hopefully get to help someone along the way as we share our experiences.
View attachment 50999 View attachment 50998
Welcome to OB. Look forward to hearing (and seeing pics) of your experiences.

SoCalXJ92

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rig: 1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Overlanding Experience: none whatsoever!

Hey guys and gals! New to the overlanding community! I have been doing a lot of research on how to build my Jeep and 9 times out of 10 overlandbound would come up so I figured I would join and wow! What a great community of like minded people! Hope to meet some of you in the future!

Attachments

interscope8

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette IN
Member #

23969469_1803761312967877_7392994349828538368_n(1).jpg 17586889_1093697490736274_6213019542008889344_n.jpg 21224055_114235319281246_427201705235447808_n.jpg 22070640_791269934389109_7083485245403561984_n.jpg
Lafayette Indiana

2007 Toyota FJC

I'm New to Overlanding; however, I grew up as a very active Boy Scout with extensive backpacking and outdoors experience and well over 500 miles hiked in my youth. Jumping into Overlanding as a way for myself and my girlfriend to travel and see more of the country. I've always been a vehicle enthusiast and so far the FJ has been one of my favorites to work on. Overlanding is proving to be a great way to combine both my passion for the outdoors and my interest in vehicles.

MacDaddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

John, I’m in Orange County so I know Peekskill we’ll. Looking to get tips/info on the Overlanding and have plenty of knowledge for all you “Jeepers” out there as I have built 3 Wrangler rigs and several Grand Cherokee’s. Forgot to mention my other ride is a ‘14 Grand Cherokee with a modified “by me” Rocky Road kit I’ll get some pictures up as soon as my topper comes in for my Power Wagon.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 51032 View attachment 51034 View attachment 51033 View attachment 51031
Lafayette Indiana

2007 Toyota FJC

I'm New to Overlanding; however, I grew up as a very active Boy Scout with extensive backpacking and outdoors experience and well over 500 miles hiked in my youth. Jumping into Overlanding as a way for myself and my girlfriend to travel and see more of the country. I've always been a vehicle enthusiast and so far the FJ has been one of my favorites to work on. Overlanding is proving to be a great way to combine both my passion for the outdoors and my interest in vehicles.
Welcome to OB... nice set up.

LX4ORR70

Rank 0

Traveler I

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi! I'm not sure how many Canadians are on this site, I'm from Ontario, Canada which is vague I know, considering the sheer size of the province. I have always been a Mopar man, my grandfather started a Chrysler dealership in the sixties and it's been in the family ever since. I also have always been more a "hot rod"-er than an Overlander (I have a 2009 Challenger SRT). But this summer as a getaway with my wife and two young kids we went camping at one of Ontario's beautiful Provincial Parks. After one weekend we were hooked. Another step in to the Overland hobby was the purchase of a 2003 Lexus LX470. A friend of mine sold it to me, knowing very little about Toyota/Lexus he kept telling me how they "are guaranteed to last 25 years" and "it's basically a Land Cruiser". Either way I needed a 4WD family vehicle for the winter so I purchased it in September 2017. Well I'm smitten! This is THE best vehicle I've ever owned! My kids and I named it "Black Bear" for is large size and 4WD-go-anywhere capabilities. I only stumbled upon Overlanding last week, and am destined to turn Black Bear into true Overland rig. My goal this summer is to install a roof basket and hopefully a Tepui roof tent and start enjoying this beautiful country with my kids. I also live close enough that I want to explore Northern Michigan. I plan to use this site as a resource and as an Overland advisory. I'm open to all suggestions. I look forward to getting my official member number soon. All the best!