Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 51327 Hi my Name is Leo I live in Ventura, CA

I just picked up a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Previous vehicle: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 with an additional 2" lift. It was never the same after a hit and run last year. So I opted for something with some fuel economy and would get me where I needed to go.

I guess I would consider myself a novice with the outback because I’ve only had it a few months. It is stock and I don’t know its limitations yet. I have taken it out and got it dirty a few times. I plan on tires, a lift kit, and addition modifications but in time. I know it will not do what my truck could do but for now it lets me get to where I need to go. I would consider myself intermediate with the truck. I drove 5 ton & 10 ton wreckers and a tracked recover vehicle in the field while in the Army. I used to hike a lot while younger. I still Camp, Kayak, & Hunt. I am pretty comfortable in the outdoors. I’m looking forward to getting out on the trails a bit more. I also recently joined MtnRoo which is a Subaru off road community.
My profession was a heavy equipment mechanic for 25 years. After some injuries & surgeries I had a change in careers which led me to my newer profession and has somewhat limited my outdoor physical activity. I am now a Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician. So basically I fabricate braces, medical devices, and prosthetic limbs for a medical practitioner’s office.

View attachment 51327
Welcome... and thank you for your service.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

View attachment 51327 Hi my Name is Leo I live in Ventura, CA

I just picked up a 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited

Previous vehicle: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 with an additional 2" lift. It was never the same after a hit and run last year. So I opted for something with some fuel economy and would get me where I needed to go.

I guess I would consider myself a novice with the outback because I’ve only had it a few months. It is stock and I don’t know its limitations yet. I have taken it out and got it dirty a few times. I plan on tires, a lift kit, and addition modifications but in time. I know it will not do what my truck could do but for now it lets me get to where I need to go. I would consider myself intermediate with the truck. I drove 5 ton & 10 ton wreckers and a tracked recover vehicle in the field while in the Army. I used to hike a lot while younger. I still Camp, Kayak, & Hunt. I am pretty comfortable in the outdoors. I’m looking forward to getting out on the trails a bit more. I also recently joined MtnRoo which is a Subaru off road community.
My profession was a heavy equipment mechanic for 25 years. After some injuries & surgeries I had a change in careers which led me to my newer profession and has somewhat limited my outdoor physical activity. I am now a Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician. So basically I fabricate braces, medical devices, and prosthetic limbs for a medical practitioner’s office.

View attachment 51327
Fellow 5th Gen OB owner and MtnRoo member here. Feel free to shoot questions about mods and such. There is a pretty good build also documented on the forums.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ale

Rank 0

Traveler I

Aviano
Hi there!
My name is Alessandro, and I share the passion for over-landing.
I am Italian and live in Aviano.
I drive a 2006 Land Rover Defender 110 TD5. It is basic and I load tools and gear depending of where I go and what I need to do.
My overlanding experience is moderate with my own vehicle, but a bit better with my job.
In the picture below I am driving my vehicle this winter near home.
Thank you for the great info you are sharing on this forum.
Ciao!

me in my defender.jpg

AmericanShaolin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Simi Valley, CA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Locke
Member #

15214835548032000028888.jpg I live in Southern California. I have very extensive backpacking ,camping ,and outdoors experience. I have some experience with off road vehicles. I recently had two children so I decided what better way to let them experience our country and the outdoors than from a capable vehicle. After about a year of researching what vehicle I wanted to make the platform for our overland rig I finally decided what best suited our family. I just purchased a 2018 Toyota 4runner trd off road.

Last edited:

AndyInLA

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Los Angeles
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Francis
Member #

My name is Andy, I live in LA. I have a lot of camping experience, but am relatively new to offloading and overlanding. I have a 2017 Jeep JK WILLYS, and have really been enjoying hitting the trails here in Southern California. What a perfect place for this. Can't wait to meet some of you, hit the trails together and learn from you more experienced folks!IMG_7158.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Andy, I live in LA. I have a lot of camping experience, but am relatively new to offloading and overlanding. I have a 2017 Jeep JK WILLYS, and have really been enjoying hitting the trails here in Southern California. What a perfect place for this. Can't wait to meet some of you, hit the trails together and learn from you more experienced folks!View attachment 51413
Welcome to OB! there are lots of meet up groups in SoCal just check the meet up page and the calendar. Great place to start and share knowledge.

Reactions: AndyInLA

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

B656A60F-36D7-493E-A309-AE51C8E7891F.jpeg What up fellow adventurers!!!
My name is Dan, my family and I grateful to have found you guys.

Rig: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon “The RVeep”
Experience: we’ve got a couple of road trips under our belt and dig tent camping and all things outdoor. If I had to label us, I’d say we are intermediate / beginner. But we are an adventuring family looking to see and do new cool things and test the limits of our skills and gear.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 51414 What up fellow adventurers!!!
My name is Dan, my family and I grateful to have found you guys.

Rig: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon “The RVeep”
Experience: we’ve got a couple of road trips under our belt and dig tent camping and all things outdoor. If I had to label us, I’d say we are intermediate / beginner. But we are an adventuring family looking to see and do new cool things and test the limits of our skills and gear.
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills! You have a very active meet up group in south bay area, check out the meet up page and keep an eye on the calendar for the dates. Great place to get to know fellow OB members.

Reactions: Sheepdog831

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi all, my name is Ryan

I drive a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 double cab.
I have spent some time in the woods with a backpack but new to overland travel. ( novice ). Trying to setup my rig for mild trails and car camping. I do carry a warn xd9000i in the cradle mount and front and rear receivers. Also carry the basic recovery kit with snatch block,straps,chain and a few shackles. Hoping to convert to soft shackles in the near future. Highlift jack and a shovel also are always on board. Definitely would like to get a little more experience with all of that stuff. SAFE PRACTICES
Hey Ryan - welcome to the OB forums! As you've said elsewhere, lots of knowledgeable people here. Quite a wide variety of skill and experience.

Good to see another full-size Chevy/GMC driver here. I love my GMC Duramax vans. I'm just poking my head in here to say you might be interested in some of the full-sized vehicle discussions and others who drive full-sized vehicles.

Here's one in particular you might find interesting: Full Size Overlanding Pros and Cons

Here's a whole page of links to other posts on full sized vehicles of various kinds: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/search/2122375/?q=Full-size&o=date&c[title_only]=1

Let me know if you need anything or have any questions as you wander around the forums!

Road

Reactions: Sheepdog831

Chris Owens

Rank II

Advocate II

Vermont
Member #

Hi. Joined OB about a year ago, but this is my first post.

My family and I live in Vermont. I’m not sure of my overlanding status, but I first got interested in overland travel when I drove the Baja peninsula in 2003 in my Toyota truck. Since then I have been hooked on exploring and camping.

Our primary rig is a 2011 Ford Van 4x4. This week I’m adding a rtt and solar. We travel with two toddlers so we need space and power.

The second rig is a 2005 Ford Ambulance. It generally serves as our weekender beach vehicle. It’s 2wd and huge so we im not sure I want it off road. It is great for campgrounds bc you just plug in and it’s all set.

Attachments

WeOverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
G
Member #

Getting our sheik together, shoving off from Miami 26th of this month. Looking forward to meeting other overlanders on our journey. will be checking in and reaching out, state by state for must travel trails and sites. Get updates and follow us on here or our own blog Weoverlander.blogspot.com Hope to see you out on the trails!!! Cheers!

BnT
lc.jpg

boomrecruits

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Washington
Member #

Hey everyone! Just joined and stoked! Really excited to be a part of such a cool community. I just got my emblem in the mail today! I am very new to overlanding and off-road travel. My in-laws got me excited about the idea of it with stories of all their travels. I have a 2017 Wrangler JK unlimited. My rig is totally stock..... for now. I am in Washington so I am excited to hit the unexplored corners of my state and continue out from there!