Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Sacramento, CA.
My wife and I have a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon... we have been overlanding for years, but there is always something to learn.
View attachment 51606
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills meet up. There is a meet up in the Sac area every Wednesday and ours is in Placerville on the third Tuesday of the month. Check out the meet up page for info on both.

Badger13

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona
Member #

Burque Outbound

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Buquoi
Member #

New member from the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain in south Louisiana. My first backcountry trip was my senior trip in 1970 to the San Juans in Colorado. First trail was the Alpine Skyway from Lake City to Silverton. I've been going back ever since with my latest trip a year ago to Big Bend. Retiring in May and looking forward to an extended trip this summer. Current ride is an '07 FJ Cruiser.
View attachment 45689 View attachment 45689
Baton Rouge native myself but living in Albuquerque now. All my family's still down that way. Y'all have gotten more sneaux than we have this winter. It's nuts! Anyway, love your rig and welcome to OB. Geaux Tigers!

Reactions: Biker Eagle

Akdan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kasilof, AK
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Byrd
Member #

Dan and Cherry
Anchorage, AK
2016 Jeep Wrangler and a 2014 F-250
Experienced at Overlanding but I just recently started calling it that. We have some time before retirement but are working towards getting in the position to just see the US. Mostly trails, National Parks, beautiful scenery. We also enjoy Geocaching and sharing Alaska.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Jeelan

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Perth, Western Australia
Member #

Jeelan & Lisa
Perth, Western Australia
NW Mitsubishi Pajero with camper trailer
Enjoy overlanding and been doing it for a number of years in Africa and now Australia. Tend to go more with a trailer in tow as we have a young family and kids love to accompany us. This also means we can setup a comfortable base camp and spend a few days exploring local areas.
Also enjoy local camping/4x4/Hiking/bushcraft.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Bobthewanderer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cibola County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Hi my name is John. I first heard the term "overloading" about a year ago. Like others on here It's something I've enjoyed my whole life, I just never knew it was a thing. I recently bought a 2011 2 door jk and am looking forward to getting back to nature again. She's still bone stock but I'm making prep to get on the trail. I'm not so much interested in building a rock crawler, I'm leaning more towards trail endurance. So if anyone has any helpful tips I'm all ears.

Reactions: T-88

Dave_McNaughton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Assiniboia Saskatchewan Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
McNaughton
Member #

View attachment 51091 View attachment 51092 Hi! I'm not sure how many Canadians are on this site, I'm from Ontario, Canada which is vague I know, considering the sheer size of the province. I have always been a Mopar man, my grandfather started a Chrysler dealership in the sixties and it's been in the family ever since. I also have always been more a "hot rod"-er than an Overlander (I have a 2009 Challenger SRT). But this summer as a getaway with my wife and two young kids we went camping at one of Ontario's beautiful Provincial Parks. After one weekend we were hooked. Another step in to the Overland hobby was the purchase of a 2003 Lexus LX470. A friend of mine sold it to me, knowing very little about Toyota/Lexus he kept telling me how they "are guaranteed to last 25 years" and "it's basically a Land Cruiser". Either way I needed a 4WD family vehicle for the winter so I purchased it in September 2017. Well I'm smitten! This is THE best vehicle I've ever owned! My kids and I named it "Black Bear" for is large size and 4WD-go-anywhere capabilities. I only stumbled upon Overlanding last week, and am destined to turn Black Bear into true Overland rig. My goal this summer is to install a roof basket and hopefully a Tepui roof tent and start enjoying this beautiful country with my kids. I also live close enough that I want to explore Northern Michigan. I plan to use this site as a resource and as an Overland advisory. I'm open to all suggestions. I look forward to getting my official member number soon. All the best!

WJ Dahl

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minot ND
Member #

Welcome WJ Dahl! I've got a 2000 XJ and used to live in "Why Not Minot" back in the mid 1970's when my Dad was working on the Minuteman Missile project for Boeing. I've got some fond memories of Minot, especially playing hockey outdoors before they built the indoor rink at the fairgrounds. Hopefully you can spread the word about overlanding in your area!
Thanks, kcjoiner! sweet i love XJs. Cool, I heard some interesting stories about that and have a few friends guarding them now. they actually reopened an outdoor rink here this year(on the Souris somehow lol),my dad lived here around then if you ever heard a story of a bouncy ball ricocheting around the Chevy dealership or a giant snow gorilla lol. yeah i hope to i know of at least one sweet Tacoma that's got all the goodies that i want to track down and a ton of nice JKUs and other cool rigs so hopefully we can get the word out around here.

Reactions: kcjoiner

emitzelfeld

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Andersonville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Elliot
Last Name
Mitzelfeld
Member #

Hey y’all. My name is Elliot and I. From Tennessee. I just recently bought a 99 TJ and I’m already in love with it. Right now it’s basically stock but I’ve got some upgrades planned in the near future. I’ve always loved the idea of overlanding and am hoping I can get into it soon. Can’t wait to see where the Jeep takes me!

markye412

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bay Area
Member #

Hey! welcome! I too have a 02 Xterra. I recently have added an ARB bumper but I had not been able to find images to help decide so I took a View attachment 46609 few pics to possibly help others figure out what they want. I don't think i'm going to lift it but i am going to put some heavy duty shocks on(when it warms up). I wish i could do all the mods in one weekend but...

View attachment 46607 View attachment 46608
Nice! Fun rig <3

Reactions: Justin Christensen