Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Twister

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charleston, SC
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Bert and live in Charleston, SC. While I do not have much overloading experience, I have been bitten by the bug after living on forums and youtube for the past few months. My goal is to start small with day trips for me and the wife and slowly start to spread out as time allows. I currently drive a 2007 JKU. She is bare at the moment, but the wife is nice enough to get her (the jeep) a facelift while I am away. I can't wait to get back home and start taking it out.

My Jeep.jpg

Linda Lewis

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fayetteville, AR
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Linda Lewis

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fayetteville, AR
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Michael & Breezy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Owosso , Michigan
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Keyes
Member #

Hello from Breezy and Mike Location: Michigan
2008 Silverado is our current rig nothing special. We are rookies to this lifestyle. We grew up camping and enjoying the out doors as most Michiganders do. We are excited to get out more and more.

Attachments

Last edited:

LostHuskertx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio area
First Name
Mark
Last Name
M
Member #

Hello everyone, new to all of this. Purchased the truck about a year ago. In more for the trail riding and the exploring of areas with some occasional camping.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
B

booholtz

Hey everyone, I have joined in preparation for a future rig. I have a 97 Ranger right now that has been great. I will be looking for an older Toyota 4Runner. I have had a Tacoma before and love em but want to make sure it has enough power. I am not sure about off-road use but I am looking to use the vehicle in winter time and for camping. I currently reside in the Indiana area and have had to deal with lake effect snow my whole life.

Reactions: LostHuskertx

twentythree

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, I’m Troy, I travel with my better half, Mert, and two German Shorthaired Pointers, Georgia and Willow. We are currently based in the Triangle area of NC. We have a 2013 Chevy Duramax Z71 Crew Cab. We have done some camping from the truck but are looking forward to more overland remote type adventures. Most of my experience has been water based at this point in the Everglades and on lakes and rivers here in NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Hey guys, I’m Troy, I travel with my better half, Mert, and two German Shorthaired Pointers, Georgia and Willow. We are currently based in the Triangle area of NC. We have a 2013 Chevy Duramax Z71 Crew Cab. We have done some camping from the truck but are looking forward to more overland remote type adventures. Most of my experience has been water based at this point in the Everglades and on lakes and rivers here in NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to OLB lots of good people and information on here! Enjoy the new adventures!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I’m mike over here in the Bay Area California
New to overlanding not new to off-roading
Here’s my 2013 wrangler sport
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overland OB meet-up! There are lots of meet-ups in the bay area what part are you in? Looks like the north bay, Lake or Napa county from the pic.

Josh T

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Duncanville, Tx
Member #

Well, heello all.i am Josh T, I hail from Duncanville TX. I have just recently bought a ntm 2011 Tundra 4x4 tarmac queen. She will not be much longer. I call her my “here and there rig” and as I can afford to I will get a part here and get a part there. Spent 5 years in the Army, was never a butter bar leui so I can read a map. Can fab a little very little . Have plans to build a overland teardrop modified camper and slide in rack for the Crewmax. Hav a few military surplus toys like a MGPTS Small tent and M101a1 trailer.

Reactions: Kent R