Garner, Iowa USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
DIce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YDI
Greetings, I'm Kevin from North Central Iowa, I currently have a 2007, Jeep, Sahara Unlimited with a few options. I have some experience, but know there are always things to learn. I enjoy seeing new things in nature and have found this to be a great way to accomplish that. I am currently building a trailer to move my tent to, so I tear down and set up less.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member, Preston from Oakland, Ca. Excited to see what I can learn about overlanding as well as taking my first trip out one day. I currently have a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a handful of modifications.
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders Meet-up. You have a great meet-up group in the south bay you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/the-south-bay-area-monthly-meets-next-up-04-21-san-jose-bass-pro.13697/

mcclatchinator

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

First Name
Joe
Last Name
McClatchy
Member #

Hello everyone,
My name is Lance and love in Sparta, WI. I've got 99' Jeep Cherokee XJ and just starting out with the Overlanding thang. I've done some offroading/ trail riding but nothing to crazy.

Attachments

levelseventysix

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oakland, California
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you! I will check them out.

I get up to north sometimes to run through the snow on the Mormon Emmigrant trail. So much snow up where you are this year.
Watch our thread and you are welcome to come along any time on our runs or on our adopted trail clean ups,

Reactions: levelseventysix

Mudtruck1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vallejo, Ca
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Angers
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overland OB meet-up! There are lots of meet-ups in the bay area what part are you in? Looks like the north bay, Lake or Napa county from the pic.
That pic is Knoxville blm in Napa
I’m in Vallejo and work in Napa

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
That pic is Knoxville blm in Napa
I’m in Vallejo and work in Napa
Not sure the closest meet-up for your area, you are kinda in between the south bay and Sac. The photo was recognizable because all our family is in the fire service and it looked like a burned area in the north bay. Once again welcome to OB

Team Sass

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
Hi everyone! Jill from northern Arizona here. I have a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser that keeps on truckin' with 260K miles. We adventure to go camping, rock climbing, hiking, and see wild places. Excited to learn from this community and be a part of the fun. :)
253.365.2017.jpg

HERMTT

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

Awesome. Where are you going against the coast? Are you from SA?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
We love it in SA but we're not from there. Our technical "home base" is Seattle, USA but the wife and I live all over the world as "nomads." We'll be in SA for Afrikaburn and then will head out toward St. Helena (via Calvinia) for a day or two. From there might venture up the coast for a bit before turning back toward Cape Town. We'll be in a hotel in St. Helena to clean up and decompress after AB but then will be back in the truck. Any recommendations on boondocking sites along the coast would be highly welcome!

kennmark

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vallejo, CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Falconitin
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

My Name is Ken
From Vallejo, CA
Rigs: 2018 Ford Raptor | 2006 Range Rover Sport
Experience : Novice
Love to meet local Norcal overlanders. Me and my family love to do outdoor adventures, we drive to new places all the time, explore and have fun. Also love camping and outdoor activities.

Reactions: maj21093 and Kent R

CDiscovery

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Airdrie, Alberta
Member #

Hello everyone, just joined up.

I have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 I bought last year for the sole purpose of creating an overland rig. I currently live in Airdrie Alberta Canada and while I dont have a lot of experience with formal overland rigs, I pretty much grew up in the forests of NE British Columbia and have an abundance of outdoor experience.