Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings everyone!

1) Picture - see below
2) Location: South Eastern Ontario Canada
3) Rig: 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L Duramax
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Brand new although I have military experience and am a casual camper

Looking forward to sharing my experiences

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Hi Canada Collector and welcome to OB! Nice looking Colorado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

CanadaCollector

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Belleville, ON, CA
Member #

Hi Canada Collector and welcome to OB! Nice looking Colorado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks for the warm welcome Jake. Have to say Im a little starstruck...Im an avid follower of your travels with Jade on your YouTube channel. Maybe once youre done your 50 state road trip you can make your way up here!

Looking forward to your next video!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome Jake. Have to say Im a little starstruck...Im an avid follower of your travels with Jade on your YouTube channel. Maybe once youre done your 50 state road trip you can make your way up here!

Looking forward to your next video!

You're welcome! I really appreciate you following my journey....and without a doubt, I will be visiting Canada!

Reactions: CanadaCollector

Vegan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey,
New member here.
I just sold my 2001 Toyota Sequoia and bought a 2017 Subaru Outback Base. In Wilderness green. I went with base because it is the only model that doesn't have Animal skin on the seats or the steering wheel. I am about to purchase new rims and AT tires because I own a off grid cabin that is a 1/2 mile off the road in the woods. Looking at 245/65-17 tires. The cabin is 2-1/2 hours from home and the gas savings was a huge decision maker when I was deciding to get another Sequoia.
Hope to post pictures with the new rims and tires

Attachments

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey,
New member here.
I just sold my 2001 Toyota Sequoia and bought a 2017 Subaru Outback Base. In Wilderness green. I went with base because it is the only model that doesn't have Animal skin on the seats or the steering wheel. I am about to purchase new rims and AT tires because I own a off grid cabin that is a 1/2 mile off the road in the woods. Looking at 245/65-17 tires. The cabin is 2-1/2 hours from home and the gas savings was a huge decision maker when I was deciding to get another Sequoia.
Hope to post pictures with the new rims and tires
Hi Vegan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Outback! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Rig: 2006 Ford F150 STX
Overlanding Experience: I've been using trucks and vans for camping for years.
Just recently came upon the name "Overlanding" and I am very excited to learn, try some new builds and meet like minded people.
Another hope is to find more places to ride in New York State and then share those places with other Overlanders. From what I'ver heard so far...NY get a bad name for "Nowhere to Overland" on dirt.

~HankRed Race Truck.jpg

Reactions: Angel Sterling

Angel Sterling

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Just recently came upon the name "Overlanding" and I am very excited to learn, try some new builds and meet like minded people.
Another hope is to find more places to ride in New York State and then share those places with other Overlanders. From what I'ver heard so far...NY get a bad name for "Nowhere to Overland" on dirt.

~HankView attachment 44298
Welcome Hank!
Awesome looking rocket launcher!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Angel Sterling

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Greetings everyone!

1) Picture - see below
2) Location: South Eastern Ontario Canada
3) Rig: 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L Duramax
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Brand new although I have military experience and am a casual camper

Looking forward to sharing my experiences

Howdy fellow Canadian and welcome!
Glad to see another chevy overlander! Don't forget to check out the forums regions to find more overlanders in your area and meet ups.
These guys are super helpful!
Cheers!

Reactions: JeffG98034

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K

Hey everyone, just joined looking for people who want to go explore. I'm based out of the Nashville area and wanting to get to know more of the local trails and cool camping spots.
2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
I'm new to overlanding, but comfortable camping.

Ashekz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Monica, CA 90401
Member #

Hey all! Joined up becaused i'd like to find people in SoCal who know some good spots and want to adventure off the usual roads.
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro - with some goodies
I'm new to the whole overlanding concept. Got into it as I was looking for Tacoma mods. Looking forward to learning more (and probably wanting more gear).

taco1.jpg

Reactions: CABNOIR

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Hey all! Joined up becaused i'd like to find people in SoCal who know some good spots and want to adventure off the usual roads.
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro - with some goodies
I'm new to the whole overlanding concept. Got into it as I was looking for Tacoma mods. Looking forward to learning more (and probably wanting more gear).

View attachment 44301
Don't know which I like more the truck or the view.... Welcome to the club.

Reactions: JeffG98034

Runamok

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, Florida
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4NWP
Hello everyone! I'm Alex from Alberta, Canada. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to post! Currently don't have an overlander. I'm debating between a 4th Gen 4runner or a 2010+ Xterra. Really leaning towards the Xterra!

Can't wait to get out there!
I have had both first the xterra it was very dependable, 4 wheel drive was great off road, only neg was not so good gas Mileage but I absolutely loved it. Now I have a 4Runner and I went with this because there came a time when I just needed more room. And I could not be happier with it. Gas mileage not great but better than the xterra, more room and great off road.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: CABNOIR

Angel Sterling

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm Alex from Alberta, Canada. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to post! Currently don't have an overlander. I'm debating between a 4th Gen 4runner or a 2010+ Xterra. Really leaning towards the Xterra!

Can't wait to get out there!
Welcome Alex!
Great to see another fellow Canadian and Albertan!
Good luck vehicle shopping.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

~HankView attachment 44298
Hi Hank and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Tankcmdr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuyvesant, NY
Member #

Hey Alex, I owned 2 Xterras, a 2006 that I purchased new and sold it in 2013 with 350k on it. It didn't leak or burn any fluids! I got myself a used 2014 but traded that in for my 2017 4Runner. I loved the Xterras! Just wish they kept on making them. The 4Runner is awesome and there are a lot more after market offerings for it than there were for the Xterras.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and Me and my wife have been overlanding to remote areas chasing the best fishing streams and rivers in New Mexico and Colorado for several years. I was introduced to the OB community and what it stands for and I believe this is a good fit for us to learn and grow as Overlanders.

Rig: 2016 Tacoma TRD, Icon stage 6 suspension, BFG 33”KO2, ARE topper, Frontrunner slimlinell racks, ARB dual air comp, Partner 22” stove on SO Cal teardrop fridge stove slider, National Luna dual battery system and James Baroud Awning.
Experience: intermediate with practical applications of off road and remote camping.
Hi NMTaco and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!