• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good morning

I'm new to the group. My wife and I are planning to get back into camping after a few years away

We live in Stuart, Florida.

Our rig, still in the build stage is a 2014 Jeep JKU.

We are currently looking into purchasing a RTT for a trip later this year. Was wonderign if anyonc has had any experience with the "TUFF STUFF RANGER ROOFTOP"
Hi Richard and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Tango Lima

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeastern Connecticut
Member #

Good morning from Southeastern CT,
My name is Tim and I'm new to the over land community.
I am an avid camper and outdoor enthusiast but a novice when it comes to over-landing.
My rig is a stock 2005 Jeep Liberty that has proven to be a dependable vehicle since we purchased it in 05 but now its time to see what it can do off road. I do have a few mods I will be doing to it over the next several months to get some ground clearance and storage issues worked out. 2005 Liberty 18.jpg
Can't wait to see you on the trail

Reactions: JeffG98034

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good morning from Southeastern CT,
My name is Tim and I'm new to the over land community.
I am an avid camper and outdoor enthusiast but a novice when it comes to over-landing.
My rig is a stock 2005 Jeep Liberty that has proven to be a dependable vehicle since we purchased it in 05 but now its time to see what it can do off road. I do have a few mods I will be doing to it over the next several months to get some ground clearance and storage issues worked out. View attachment 44134
Can't wait to see you on the trail
Hi Tango Lima and welcome to OB! Nice looking Liberty! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

WizardOfRoz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello everyone! I'm Alex from Alberta, Canada. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to post! Currently don't have an overlander. I'm debating between a 4th Gen 4runner or a 2010+ Xterra. Really leaning towards the Xterra!

Can't wait to get out there!

Reactions: Angel Sterling

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm Alex from Alberta, Canada. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to post! Currently don't have an overlander. I'm debating between a 4th Gen 4runner or a 2010+ Xterra. Really leaning towards the Xterra!

Hi Alex welcome to OB, I'm new here! , I just bought a 5th gen 4runner, I'm looking to get into overlanding ... As for 4runner or Xterra? I think either are awesome...

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Alex and welcome to OB! Either choice of rigs would good! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: vanbuskirk

WizardOfRoz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I think either choice would be excellent! Just the prices of the Toyota's are a little crazy.... so that is what is leaning me towards the Xterra. I used to have an 02 Xterra years ago and absolutely loved that. So thinking the second gen will be a nice upgrade. Hoping to have one by the spring :)

Reactions: JeffG98034
Hi im down in Southern California! North County to be exact.
I drive a 1998 F150 xlt 4x4 with a 5.4 v8 motor 3 door model. Currently only has a 6in lift with 35's ko2's, k&n air intake, simple camper shell. Im looking into what would be the best suspension to look into!
My experience is Modrate with survial and slim with off roading haha.
Im really looking into making this my life style for awhile to explore the states and hopefully south america!
Adventure is in my heart and soul and my love for big trucks and the dirt just adds! i love input and i could use all of the help i could get!
I will have to post my pictures later i havent taken any in awhile haha

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi im down in Southern California! North County to be exact.
I drive a 1998 F150 xlt 4x4 with a 5.4 v8 motor 3 door model. Currently only has a 6in lift with 35's ko2's, k&n air intake, simple camper shell. Im looking into what would be the best suspension to look into!
My experience is Modrate with survial and slim with off roading haha.
Im really looking into making this my life style for awhile to explore the states and hopefully south america!
Adventure is in my heart and soul and my love for big trucks and the dirt just adds! i love input and i could use all of the help i could get!
I will have to post my pictures later i havent taken any in awhile haha
Hi Briana and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Hello all!

Just joined today. Looking forward to being involved with the overland community.

Locaton- Coos Bay, Oregon (southern Oregon coast)
Vehicle- 2014 Jeep rubicon 2 door. I bought it stock and have done a few modifications to it. I attached a photo of it, taken on our OBCDR trip last September.
Experience- Beginner at overloading. We have went on one "overland" trip so far, did the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route 6 and 2 last September, had a GREAT time so planning on doing the OBDR 4 and 5-2 this summer, along with a bunch of other trips that we decided to map ourselves.

We (Cory and Julie) are a busy couple...both work full time in the medical field and have 3 busy kids but try to seek adventure whenever we can.

Attachments

Reactions: NOMAD OVERLAND

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello all!

Just joined today. Looking forward to being involved with the overland community.

Vehicle- 2014 Jeep rubicon 2 door. I bought it stock and have done a few modifications to it. I attached a photo of it, taken on our OBCDR trip last September.
Experience- Beginner at overloading. We have went on one "overland" trip so far, did the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route 6 and 2 last September, had a GREAT time so planning on doing the OBDR 4 and 5-2 this summer, along with a bunch of other trips that we decided to map ourselves.

We (Cory and Julie) are a busy couple...both work full time in the medical field and have 3 busy kids but try to seek adventure whenever we can.

Cool Jeep!! welcome to OB Cory and Julie..I'm also in the PNW (Washington) I'm new to this I hope to maybe see you out on the trails...

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

That would be great! We are actually planning on going to the NW Overland Rally in WA in June! We are considering doing a small section of the WABR on the way up there......The drive from Coos Bay is 8 hours without any back country, so we probably can't fit in too much of it, but I think we are going to try!

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

That would be great! We are actually planning on going to the NW Overland Rally in WA in June! We are considering doing a small section of the WABR on the way up there......The drive from Coos Bay is 8 hours without any back country, so we probably can't fit in too much of it, but I think we are going to try!
This might be fun, I just looked the website...keep in touch if you know anything else that might be coming up in the PNW please let me know I would appreciate it...

Jeff

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!

Hi Cory and Julie - welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: CJ Adventure Oregon

RPTex

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello , I am Royce. I am new to overlanding but I am not new to spending time in rough wild areas although I am not expert of all terrains I look forward to telling some stories in the future. My first rig and it I am just beginning my journey along with my wife. Many travels (and upgrades) to come!

Rig: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X (JKU)
EXP: Novice

jku1.jpg

Reactions: NOMAD OVERLAND

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello , I am Royce. I am new to overlanding but I am not new to spending time in rough wild areas although I am not expert of all terrains I look forward to telling some stories in the future. My first rig and it I am just beginning my journey along with my wife. Many travels (and upgrades) to come!

View attachment 44273
Hi Royce and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: RPTex

srad2

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Joshua, Texas
Member #

View attachment 44273
Welcome neighbor. Good luck on the trails.

Reactions: RPTex and WestieTRD

CanadaCollector

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Belleville, ON, CA
Member #

Greetings everyone!

1) Picture - see below
2) Location: South Eastern Ontario Canada
3) Rig: 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L Duramax
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Brand new although I have military experience and am a casual camper

Looking forward to sharing my experiences

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Angel Sterling