• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Jake,

Thank you sir, I’ve followed your travels and If you ever find yourself in Albuquerque first round is on me.

Robert
Sounds great! NM is my next state visit and will definitely be hitting up Albuquerque!

If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Really appreciate you following my journey!

Kingdaddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northeast Georgia
Member #

Hi I’m Casey.
I live in N.E. Georgia with my family, surrounded by nature away from the city. I am new to overlanding but not to the outdoors. Love hunting, fishing, primitive skills, or just walking trails with my kids. Just recently got myself a 2003 xterra. Just put 3” lift with warn locking hubs. Looking to get out riding trails with family. By the way I love this place.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

I have had both first the xterra it was very dependable, 4 wheel drive was great off road, only neg was not so good gas Mileage but I absolutely loved it. Now I have a 4Runner and I went with this because there came a time when I just needed more room. And I could not be happier with it. Gas mileage not great but better than the xterra, more room and great off road.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I had an 05 Xterra that I absolutely loved. unfortunately it was only a 2 wheel drive so it had to go. I have been really tempted to pick up another one just for nostalgia sake.

Oldwestrig

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rodeo, NM
Member #

Hello all!!
My rig is a 1988 Toyota pickup. I got it from a friend that his son had blown the engine. It's almost rebuilt. I have grown up camping but have only just got into overlanding. My wife and I love the outdoors. We even got married in the outdoors.
Please, if you have any question for me I'm more than happy to answer.
Oh, and I'm near Rodeo, New Mexico.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!
Not sure how to get a picture of my rig on here, but it's a 1988 Toyota pickup. I got it from a friend that his son had blown the engine. It's almost rebuilt. I have grown up camping but have only just got into overlanding. My wife and I love the outdoors. We even got married in the outdoors.
Please, if you have any question for me I'm more than happy to answer.
Oh, and I'm near Rodeo, New Mexico.
Hi Oldwestrig and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Caleb. I live north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin near Port Washington. I've got this adorable 2016 Jeep Renegade.

parked.jpg
I enjoy driving and I love camping so overlanding feels like a good fit. Most of my camping experience involves parking the cars and hiking/backpacking to where camp will be. My Renegade is evolving slowly as I try to figure out what it's strengths and weaknesses are.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Caleb. I live north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin near Port Washington. I've got this adorable 2016 Jeep Renegade.

View attachment 44338
I enjoy driving and I love camping so overlanding feels like a good fit. Most of my camping experience involves parking the cars and hiking/backpacking to where camp will be. My Renegade is evolving slowly as I try to figure out what it's strengths and weaknesses are.
Hi Caleb and welcome to OB! Nice looking Renegade! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Greetings from frigid Central New York.
Rig: 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

Grew up camping and fishing in Idaho/Montana and there-abouts. Love kayak fishing, and passing on what I was raised with to my two boys (6 and 7). Put the Jeep together for this purpose, and have just started introducing them to real camping. Won't lie, learning the areas in NY is challenging, but after a couple years of research I'm starting to build up a few places worth going. Not really a hard-core off road type, unless its getting me to someplace special to camp and fish.

My Jeep build has been mostly restoration with a light lift, snow capability, and outfitting for kayak fishing and towing a small popup.

Found the OB movement via youtube, been lurking a while - keeping an eye out for any Central New York activity. Also active in the Jeep forums.

2017-08-09 17.08.36.jpg 2016-09-09-18.13.23.jpg 2017-01-02-11.41 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings from frigid Central New York.
Rig: 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

Grew up camping and fishing in Idaho/Montana and there-abouts. Love kayak fishing, and passing on what I was raised with to my two boys (6 and 7). Put the Jeep together for this purpose, and have just started introducing them to real camping. Won't lie, learning the areas in NY is challenging, but after a couple years of research I'm starting to build up a few places worth going. Not really a hard-core off road type, unless its getting me to someplace special to camp and fish.

My Jeep build has been mostly restoration with a light lift, snow capability, and outfitting for kayak fishing and towing a small popup.

Found the OB movement via youtube, been lurking a while - keeping an eye out for any Central New York activity. Also active in the Jeep forums.
Hi Jordan and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

WizardOfRoz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey everyone thanks for the all the replies! I don't know how to quote multiple posts so I'll just generally reply to everyone.

I would really like a 4runner as well but damn the prices are crazy for one.

I also used to have an 02 Xterra that I absolutely loved. But then was totalled. :( I got a 2016 Golf to replace it (with a beater or two in between). Figured I'd give better gas mileage and driving a go living in Ontario. My SO loved it so much she went out and got one too. Now moving to Alberta and finally being close to the mountains, I miss my 4x4. So I'm gonna be trading in the Golf, no point in having two right?!

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hi I’m Casey.
I live in N.E. Georgia with my family, surrounded by nature away from the city. I am new to overlanding but not to the outdoors. Love hunting, fishing, primitive skills, or just walking trails with my kids. Just recently got myself a 2003 xterra. Just put 3” lift with warn locking hubs. Looking to get out riding trails with family. By the way I love this place.
Casey welcome to the OB...

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Hello, Barclay here. I'm in the Los Angeles area, 2017 Wrangler JKU. Generally offroad anywhere between Anza Borrego up through mid-Cal, I make it out on average once a month. Sometimes solo, sometimes with a dog, sometimes with the girlfriend and both dogs. Moderately experienced.

A slightly-outdated pic of the rig:

jeep.JPG

Reactions: Millennium Overland

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, Barclay here. I'm in the Los Angeles area, 2017 Wrangler JKU. Generally offroad anywhere between Anza Borrego up through mid-Cal, I make it out on average once a month. Sometimes solo, sometimes with a dog, sometimes with the girlfriend and both dogs. Moderately experienced.

A slightly-outdated pic of the rig:

View attachment 44381
Hi Barclay and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Sheepdog_Protector

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cloudcroft, New Mexico 88317, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Kitzman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5SDR
Hi OB group...Andy from DFW here. I am currently between rigs, after my 4x4 Eddie Bauer Exploder nearly exploded on me (Didn't last 100 more miles, after I headed the warning noises from under the hood and sold it to the wrecking yard). Having the wife's Tribute transmission go out for the 4th time on the same day, put us in a spot to buy 2 'new to us', practical, vehicles on the same day. So while the vehicle envelope (Dave Ramsey) recharges, I am on here dreaming and wishing for more days in the mountains.

WP_20151019_08_26_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20160704_18_26_20_Pro 1.jpg WP_20150717_17_41_27_Pro.jpg

Reactions: T-88

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi OB group...Andy from DFW here. I am currently between rigs, after my 4x4 Eddie Bauer Exploder nearly exploded on me (Didn't last 100 more miles, after I headed the warning noises from under the hood and sold it to the wrecking yard). Having the wife's Tribute transmission go out for the 4th time on the same day, put us in a spot to buy 2 'new to us', practical, vehicles on the same day. So while the vehicle envelope (Dave Ramsey) recharges, I am on here dreaming and wishing for more days in the mountains.

View attachment 44394

View attachment 44395 View attachment 44396
Hi Andy and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88