Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

texasrho83

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston
Member #

Hey y'all, guess I'm the FNG here so hello! Name is Charles and I learned about OB through another member, Stefen #1235 off Tundras.com. Fell in love with his overland trip pics and definitely got my interest piqued so here I am.

Here's a pic of my '16 Tundra build in progress:
tundra dad driveway.jpg
I'm in NW Houston and am the admin of a Tundra enthusiast group on FB
I'm super new to overlanding so I'm going to lurk and soak up all the knowledge I can from this group. I am also planning to join a few other Tundra members on a trip to the Ozarks and currently have something else in the works for our own group.
Thanks for having me!

Reactions: JeffG98034

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey y'all, guess I'm the FNG here so hello! Name is Charles and I learned about OB through another member, Stefen #1235 off Tundras.com. Fell in love with his overland trip pics and definitely got my interest piqued so here I am.

View attachment 44081
I'm super new to overlanding so I'm going to lurk and soak up all the knowledge I can from this group. I am also planning to join a few other Tundra members on a trip to the Ozarks and currently have something else in the works for our own group.
Thanks for having me!
Hi Charles and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tundra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: texasrho83
Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Rig, 2001 Ford Excursion (The king of SUV) 4" lift, custom roof rack, one 42" light bar, four 4" spot lights (2 driver, 2 passanger) and 2 rear ( great for backing up) all on the rack. I also have four LED lights on tbe bumper. I love light's lol. Also running 35" toyo at2.
Father of 6 husband of 1 wife thank god. Lol We travel and camp alot just not in a tent (yet cvt is on the list) we have a 21 foot toyhauler. Camping with triplet boys age 5, and older brother age 8, and sisters 18, and 20 roof top tents not big enough. I'm working on making the Excurions our overland monster. Just not sure she fits the mold. View attachment 44053
Welcome!

Great looking rig! I’ve done some runs on narrow switchbacks overlanding and had friends bring full size trucks and/or overland trailers. They might take it a little slower but they have no issues keeping up. At camp can’t beat how comfortable those rigs are set up.

Enjoy and look forward to seeing you on the trail!

Summit X Overland
(Rig 1: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited)

Instagram.com/SummitXOverland

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpK_6d1uqyjn2VY1iiwQE5A

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

View attachment 44081
Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the OB...I'm new to all this as well, Nice looking Truck!

Reactions: texasrho83

Jake Rough Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Porte, IN
Member #

Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Rig, 2001 Ford Excursion (The king of SUV) 4" lift, custom roof rack, one 42" light bar, four 4" spot lights (2 driver, 2 passanger) and 2 rear ( great for backing up) all on the rack. I also have four LED lights on tbe bumper. I love light's lol. Also running 35" toyo at2.
Father of 6 husband of 1 wife thank god. Lol We travel and camp alot just not in a tent (yet cvt is on the list) we have a 21 foot toyhauler. Camping with triplet boys age 5, and older brother age 8, and sisters 18, and 20 roof top tents not big enough. I'm working on making the Excurions our overland monster. Just not sure she fits the mold. View attachment 44053
Welcome to OB! Love the EX. I have an 2003 all stock. Its the perfect rig with tons of room. I use my 2015 JKU rubi for the trails. The EX is hard to maneuver on the trails around here. Maybe some day!

Reactions: vanbuskirk

jeffpajap

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Layton, UT
Member #

IMG_6642.JPG Greetings, Jeff Anderson in Layton, Utah. I currently have a 2016 4runner. I have done a fair amount of wilderness activity since my youth. I'm retired military. Army then Air Force. I've usually just referred to overlanding as dry camping before I heard this term. Moderate experience with vehicle offroading but more backpacking and canyoneering with friends so I have been gleaning tips and wisdom on this subject anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to learning more here. Looks like a great community. I had trouble finding a photo with a small enough file size but this was from a recent trip to the north rim of the grand canyon. Didn't see another vehicle except our group during 4 days of driving.

Richard K

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Stuart, FL
Member #

Good morning

I'm new to the group. My wife and I are planning to get back into camping after a few years away

We live in Stuart, Florida.

Our rig, still in the build stage is a 2014 Jeep JKU.

We are currently looking into purchasing a RTT for a trip later this year. Was wonderign if anyonc has had any experience with the "TUFF STUFF RANGER ROOFTOP"

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

View attachment 44105 new member here to the forum here just finished a 8 month overland trailer build yesterday. Glad to be here.
Welcome Don,

I recognize you from the American Adventurist forum where I’m Steve and Deb. Quite a different flavor here, with a lot more novice explorers and basic questions. I thoroughly enjoy both, though, and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard,
Steve

Reactions: ArkansasDon

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Welcome Don,

I recognize you from the American Adventurist forum where I’m Steve and Deb. Quite a different flavor here, with a lot more novice explorers and basic questions. I thoroughly enjoy both, though, and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard,
Steve
Thanks Steve, I remember both of ya's, & follow you & Deb on your facebook page

Reactions: Steve

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 44092 Greetings, Jeff Anderson in Layton, Utah. I currently have a 2016 4runner. I have done a fair amount of wilderness activity since my youth. I'm retired military. Army then Air Force. I've usually just referred to overlanding as dry camping before I heard this term. Moderate experience with vehicle offroading but more backpacking and canyoneering with friends so I have been gleaning tips and wisdom on this subject anywhere I can find it. Looking forward to learning more here. Looks like a great community. I had trouble finding a photo with a small enough file size but this was from a recent trip to the north rim of the grand canyon. Didn't see another vehicle except our group during 4 days of driving.
Hi Jeff and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: ArkansasDon