Advocate II

St. Catharines, Ontario
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Lamarche
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Dillon, I'm from the Niagara Region in Ontario. I drive a '10 Trail Edition Toyota 4Runner (320 000kms - 1GR-FE - 4.0L V6). My experience level with overlanding would be considered novice at best lol, but have done a few roadies here and there. I enjoy backcountry camping, and have started to look into overlanding. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, but I have started to do more DIY maintenance, projects, and small repairs.

Anyway, here's a picture of the rig:

IMG_20170831_115955 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Irving Zisman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Yucaipa, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,
New member here. I live in the Southern California area. My rig is a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with 133k on the odom. It has a 3 inch lift, 33 inch BFG KO2's, Fox Suspension in the rear and Bilstein 5100's in the front (I couldnt afford the $1600 for the Fox Coilovers). Some day I will be able to afford more mods as my addiction is growing. I would say that I have moderate off road experience. Im not a huge fan of rock crawling but have beaten my sliders up a few times. I mostly prefer desert trails such as the Mojave Trail. I have done the Mojave twice now and really enjoyed myself.

Hopefully I get to go on a few runs with some of the folks on here that are close.

A pic of my rig:
rocks.jpg

Attachments

CascadeSasquatch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish Wanted
Member #

Loving that truck! Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing more pics of your truck and travels.
Love your Power Wagon. I was looking at the Prospector Version from AEV but I decided to build my own since I like the old body style so well. I also need projects to keep me out of trouble when I'm not camping. We'll see if building was a smart choice...

Reactions: crit_pw

CascadeSasquatch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish Wanted
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I know its not the best over landing vehicle but its been all over Washington and Idaho. I am Currently stationed in WA and I am a 6 year Survival instructor for the USAF. I am not an expert in over landing or off-roading but I have a vast knowledge when it comes to survival. I am a family man, married with a 3 month old and a lab as my co-pilot. I have done an insane amount of camping for both pleasure and work but just recently became very interested in over landing and am starting the transformation on my rig.View attachment 33354
Glad to hear you are in Washington... Looks like you are getting your rig well set up for you. Thank you for your service.

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Love your Power Wagon. I was looking at the Prospector Version from AEV but I decided to build my own since I like the old body style so well. I also need projects to keep me out of trouble when I'm not camping. We'll see if building was a smart choice...
Thanks. The AEV rigs are cool but after seeing one in action this year in Moab there are definitely some limitations that the AEV mods add to the stock Power Wagon. The approach angles are decreased with the large front bumper and they just don't flex as much as a stock wagon does. Cool rigs none the less, but the stock wagon with well placed/chosen mods is so much more capable plus you get the pride of "I built that!" Mine is all self built and I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Reactions: CascadeSasquatch

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone!
1)View attachment 33375
2) Smethport, PA ( Allegheney National Forest Area)
3) 2011 Jeep Liberty KK. Just Purchased - Painfully Stock, OME lift is soon to come.
4) Just starting out. hoping to meet more locals with the same passion to explore!
Hey Pick Teej and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Milwaukee, WI
2017 Ram 1500 - totally stock at the moment but gets out and camps with my boys and I.
I used to wheel a couple old square body Cherokee's - but would still consider myself a beginner.
Plan to do a minimal lift, new tires and some base camp mods.
IMG_5577.JPG

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Milwaukee, WI
2017 Ram 1500 - totally stock at the moment but gets out and camps with my boys and I.
I used to wheel a couple old square body Cherokee's - but would still consider myself a beginner.
Plan to do a minimal lift, new tires and some base camp mods.
IMG_5577.JPG
Hi Andy and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: AndyMKE

Jim Bishop

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Grand Prairie Texas
Member #

Hello, everyone. In the Grand Prairie Texas area, moved here from Western NC about two years ago. Have a 05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with A Lot of miles, and a bit of experience driving off road in NC. Zero experience driving in the desert terrain, so I am looking forward to learning about that.
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 3.45.30 PM.png

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, everyone. In the Grand Prairie Texas area, moved here from Western NC about two years ago. Have a 05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with A Lot of miles, and a bit of experience driving off road in NC. Zero experience driving in the desert terrain, so I am looking forward to learning about that.
View attachment 33507
Hi, Jim and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wrangler! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jordan Olson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

St. Louis, MO
Member #

Hey guys!

1) I'm from St. Louis, MO (but planning on moving to Seattle in the next year)
2) I have a 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4.7L. no major mods at the moment but some are in the works.
3) I would say I'm a novice overlander but I have experience with trails and offroading so I have a good understanding of the basics.

Really excited to get involved and to meet new people as well as expand my Overlanding knowledge with other members!

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_8111.JPG

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys!

1) I'm from St. Louis, MO (but planning on moving to Seattle in the next year)
2) I have a 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4.7L. no major mods at the moment but some are in the works.
3) I would say I'm a novice overlander but I have experience with trails and offroading so I have a good understanding of the basics.

Really excited to get involved and to meet new people as well as expand my Overlanding knowledge with other members!
Hey, Jordan and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Jordan Olson

Brent_Bee

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent and I currently live in Southern Arizona (for the time being). I should be moving around May/June of next year, unsure where I'm going right now. There are a lot of things in Arizona that I have not really had the time to explore so I'm trying to soak it all up before the winter comes rolling in. It doesn't get too cold here but the wind is obnoxious. A few months back I bought an Inferno 2017 Tacoma DCLB OR, and I love it. I switched over from a 2013 Silverado Z71; the Silverado was cool and it could handle a beating but once I hit ~80K the truck just started to fall apart on me and no matter how many repairs I made to the transmission it was just never the same. The Tacoma has really brought back to my love of being outdoors, it's nice being able to go places my Silverado just wouldn't fit! As far as Overlanding, some would say I'm a novice based off of the look of my vehicle (I don't have any mods atm) but I do have a lot of experience with the outdoors and a lot of experience in very tough terrain in very large armored vehicles. So I guess it's all about which aspects we want to observe. With all of that said, I really just like to head out with my wife and dog and have some nice family time...the hard part is that I am perfectly fine using a pancho as cover for the night but my wife requires that we set up our giant 6 person tent! :grin:

I'll post picture of my vehicle later, if anyone is interested. I haven't transferred any pictures to my computer.

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Dillon, I'm from the Niagara Region in Ontario. I drive a '10 Trail Edition Toyota 4Runner (320 000kms - 1GR-FE - 4.0L V6). My experience level with overlanding would be considered novice at best lol, but have done a few roadies here and there. I enjoy backcountry camping, and have started to look into overlanding. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, but I have started to do more DIY maintenance, projects, and small repairs.

Anyway, here's a picture of the rig:

View attachment 33390
Hi Dillon, welcome to OB. Quick question about your avatar.. So, is that small moose or a chocolate lab? We had 2 chocolates, they were both built like moose. Nice Rig.

Reactions: archee29

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent and I currently live in Southern Arizona (for the time being). I should be moving around May/June of next year, unsure where I'm going right now. There are a lot of things in Arizona that I have not really had the time to explore so I'm trying to soak it all up before the winter comes rolling in. It doesn't get too cold here but the wind is obnoxious. A few months back I bought an Inferno 2017 Tacoma DCLB OR, and I love it. I switched over from a 2013 Silverado Z71; the Silverado was cool and it could handle a beating but once I hit ~80K the truck just started to fall apart on me and no matter how many repairs I made to the transmission it was just never the same. The Tacoma has really brought back to my love of being outdoors, it's nice being able to go places my Silverado just wouldn't fit! As far as Overlanding, some would say I'm a novice based off of the look of my vehicle (I don't have any mods atm) but I do have a lot of experience with the outdoors and a lot of experience in very tough terrain in very large armored vehicles. So I guess it's all about which aspects we want to observe. With all of that said, I really just like to head out with my wife and dog and have some nice family time...the hard part is that I am perfectly fine using a pancho as cover for the night but my wife requires that we set up our giant 6 person tent! :grin:

I'll post picture of my vehicle later, if anyone is interested. I haven't transferred any pictures to my computer.
Hello, Brent and welcome to OB! That new Tacoma sounds like one nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!