Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TRD-CLB

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello! my name is Steve Ayotte and I live in Tempe, Arizona.

I drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4.

Im not new to the overlanding lifestyle but I'm by no means an expert overlander!! I'm pretty much right in the middle. Tons to learn from this community and I'm really looking forward to it!

Can't wait to use the trip planner and GET OUTSIDE!!

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33280
Hi my name is Jimmy Nicholson
From Greenwell Springs, LA
2017 Jeep Wrangler
New to overlanding. Currently in the building phase of the Jeep because I just got it approximately 3 months ago. I joined to hear recommendations, see what y'all use, and try to avoid any costly rookie mistakes.
Hey Jimmy and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

pereztroika

Rank 0

Traveler I

mexico
hi from Mexico.

my name is Fernando Perez and i live in Victoria (city), Tamaulipas (state) Mexico, it's right below Texas, near to the coast. i drive a 2012 JKUR and my aproach int more like a weekend camping trips and such, but im trying to build my jeep and get it ready to do a trips to colorado mountains in the future. i allredy convinced the wife so that's good, we are especting our first son so it may take a while but its ok, more time to prep the rig.

https://www.instagram.com/fernando_perez_lavin/

here is my instagram page if you want to check it out there are a lots of photos of the jeep and our camping trips, (i dont know how to upload photos here).

Reactions: DanR and Randy P

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

hi from Mexico.

my name is Fernando Perez and i live in Victoria (city), Tamaulipas (state) Mexico, it's right below Texas, near to the coast. i drive a 2012 JKUR and my aproach int more like a weekend camping trips and such, but im trying to build my jeep and get it ready to do a trips to colorado mountains in the future. i allredy convinced the wife so that's good, we are especting our first son so it may take a while but its ok, more time to prep the rig.

https://www.instagram.com/fernando_perez_lavin/

here is my instagram page if you want to check it out there are a lots of photos of the jeep and our camping trips, (i dont know how to upload photos here).
Hi Fernando and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Congratulations to the arrival of your son! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: pereztroika

drwsctt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ
Member #

Name: Drew Scott
Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited "Big Bear"
This weekend I'm adding a Teraflex 2.5" lift w/ Bilstein shocks, Method wheels, BFGoodrich KO2 35x12.5R17 tires, AEV front and rear bumpers - yippee!!!
We have a 1997 Wrangler TJ in the garage too. It's technically my daughter's, but I drive it a lot too.
Experience: Not much at all. Some short day trips nearby. I've watched a lot of youtube videos - does that count?

Last edited:
Reactions: DanR and DaizyTX

CascadeSasquatch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snohomish Wanted
Member #

Hey all! Jason here. Im in Snohomish so if you are in the area swing by and say hi. I currently have 1990 W150 that's indefinitely in the build stage. Currently has warn 8274, modified warn bumper, 2 meter and cb, 360 ci engine, 35's, full accessory wiring harness, custom switch mount, soft topper and custom built rack that allows the topper to fold forward. Sitting in the garage are some archive garage suspension mounts a 9" with Detroit and 4.56 and a dana 44 with ARB and matching gears. More to come. Not sure what to say on experience. I can fab and repair most anything and I have a lot of wheel time and back country experience but we all never stop learning. I am a novice when it comes to adding photos and posting on forums. Forgive me if I get it wrong.

Attachments

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Howdy all,

My name is John and I am from N.E. Ohio.
My rig is a 2017 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock. I have done a lot of work to it already.
Not a total novice to overlanding, but new enough and hope to learn a lot here.

IMG_7190 (002).JPG

Lucas Maldonado

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

Hey Guys,
My name is Lucas Maldonado
I drive a 2012 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab. Leveling kit with a Tepui roof top tent mounted in the bed.
I would say I am a novice when it comes to off roading and maybe a beginner to Over landing, you guys tell me? I have been into off road all my life from dirt bikes to vehicles. Did camping with family was I was a kid, now ready to explore as much as I can where ever the dirt roads take me.

I live in Rancho Palos Verdes and occasionally go to Menifee/Temecula area, a lot more trails out there!

Last edited:
Reactions: DanR and crit_pw

tobyjefe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Tobin
Member #

I'm Mike from Milford,Mass
I don't have much camping experience,but I used to go on family trips when I was young and I want to start doing it again.

I have a 2012,Thuren suspended PowerWagon on 37s with White Knuckle sliders.

I plan on getting a RTT for the truck in the spring.

Hey Mike,
new member here as well and living in boston. I need to make some upgrades to my vehicle before i can call it a rig but i have done some camping this summer down on the cape , in the berkshires, and up in Vermont. i had to get the camping routine together as i am road tripping down to Asheville on September 19th to camp and mountain bike ride. i have been looking for places to explore and practice this october.

FoxtrotEcho

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Antonio TX
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I know its not the best over landing vehicle but its been all over Washington and Idaho. I am Currently stationed in WA and I am a 6 year Survival instructor for the USAF. I am not an expert in over landing or off-roading but I have a vast knowledge when it comes to survival. I am a family man, married with a 3 month old and a lab as my co-pilot. I have done an insane amount of camping for both pleasure and work but just recently became very interested in over landing and am starting the transformation on my rig.20170827_192745.jpg

Sierra_Subie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,

Name is Ben and I'm living in LA for now. Try and get out as much as I can to explore the deserts and mountains all around California. Currently rolling in a 2007 Subaru Forester with a 2" lift and skid plates on it. Getting AT tires soon and look forward to seeing where this takes me.

Here's a photo from Shiprock, NM from about 5 days after I got it this past May. Heard many great things about the forums and members here so look forward to learning from all of you.

Attachments

Redyeti

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello All, I'll run down the suggested list and go from there.

1)upload_2017-8-31_5-11-18.jpeg IMG_0498.JPG IMG_0500.JPG IMGP1401.JPGIMGP1472.JPGImogene Pass Elevation.jpgIMG_8923 (2).JPGPicture 26.png
2) I'm in North Central Utah
3) Primary vehicle is a 2013 Jeep JKU with about a 3.5" lift. Rancho, Teraflex, Metalcloak components running 35" BFG Mud on 15" rims (yes they will clear the brakes, yes they are super light, yes I did it to protect the bead on the rim, and yes they are super smooth aired down.) :grinning:
4) Experience: Over the past 20+ years I've gotten lost on all sorts of dirt roads and trails, had to walk out a time or two, not so much anymore with GPS, HAM radios and cell phones. Unfortunately my travels have never been longer than a week or two, but that will hopefully start changing soon.
Started with a 1985 Ford Bronco, moved on to 1996 Landrover Discovery 1 (still miss her), a 2005 Land Rover LR3 HD, and now have the Jeep JKU

Reactions: DanR

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

Hi Everyone!
1)20170814_194026.jpg
2) Smethport, PA ( Allegheney National Forest Area)
3) 2011 Jeep Liberty KK. Just Purchased - Painfully Stock, OME lift is soon to come.
4) Just starting out. hoping to meet more locals with the same passion to explore!

Reactions: DanR

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hello, Just got my membership today. My gf and I both just joined actually. Between the two of us, we have a 2011 Sequoia, a 2006 H3, and a 1977 W100. We're both ex-military and we both enjoy going to "the field" without having to do any work lol. I have extensive vehicle knowledge, especially in engine performance, electrical, and smog (CA) related systems (Evap, emissions, etc.).

Feel free to message me for any driveability concerns and I will do my best to offer "tech" support. Or just to go bombing through the dunes or climb and camp some remote trail. Look forward to meeting you!
Welcome aboard, great to see another gearhead joining. I myself spent 17 years underhood of everyone elses vehicle and simply refuse to let anyone touch mine! Would love to see some pics of that W100. Love those trucks!

Reactions: Handsome Devil

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hey all! Jason here. Im in Snohomish so if you are in the area swing by and say hi. I currently have 1990 W150 that's indefinitely in the build stage. Currently has warn 8274, modified warn bumper, 2 meter and cb, 360 ci engine, 35's, full accessory wiring harness, custom switch mount, soft topper and custom built rack that allows the topper to fold forward. Sitting in the garage are some archive garage suspension mounts a 9" with Detroit and 4.56 and a dana 44 with ARB and matching gears. More to come. Not sure what to say on experience. I can fab and repair most anything and I have a lot of wheel time and back country experience but we all never stop learning. I am a novice when it comes to adding photos and posting on forums. Forgive me if I get it wrong.
Loving that truck! Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing more pics of your truck and travels.

Reactions: CascadeSasquatch

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I know its not the best over landing vehicle but its been all over Washington and Idaho. I am Currently stationed in WA and I am a 6 year Survival instructor for the USAF. I am not an expert in over landing or off-roading but I have a vast knowledge when it comes to survival. I am a family man, married with a 3 month old and a lab as my co-pilot. I have done an insane amount of camping for both pleasure and work but just recently became very interested in over landing and am starting the transformation on my rig.View attachment 33354
Welcome and happy to see another full-size joining the group. Any vehicle can be a completely capable overland rig. Its all in how you use it and if it suits your needs and purpose and takes you and your family where you want to go. Hope to meet you one day on a trail! Safe travels.

OverlandXT

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello everyone
My current rig: 2012 Ford E350
Experience : I've been in all the facets of off roading for 38 years, I do photography I also teach survival classes where I live, vehicle prep and planning. I have a small fabrication business as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanR and crit_pw

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hello everyone
My current rig: 2012 Ford E350
Experience : I've been in all the facets of off roading for 38 years, I do photography I also teach survival classes where I live, vehicle prep and planning. I have a small fabrication business as well.
Welcome OverlandXT!