Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Really, You had to of seen some. It's a Toyota FJ Cruiser. They discontinued them not to long ago. I put a 3" suspension lift on it, and the tires are taller than stock. And they do hold they're own off road.
Dont see many FJ's in UK,
The Toyota cruisers aren't as popular (there are some but most has to be imported) as what you have over the pond - mostly Land Rovers over here lol

See a few Rubicons kicking around on occaison - but depends what part of the UK you are as you see a few more in certain areas (in my experience around the USAF bases as they ride with them lol )

Reactions: Northernlady

Traveler I

US
Hi everyone!
1. Fairhope, AL
2. 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
3. I am a rookie but I have always wanted to get into overlanding and looking to start now with my wife and our baby girl!
Greetings from Daphne! Hit me up one day and maybe we can go explore. I am moving soon though

FredBull

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Olympia WA
Member #

Hi! Im Fred and I live in Olympia, WA.
I drive a 93 Cherokee that Ive built over the last couple years. We also just picked up a 2008 Commander that will be taking the XJ's place. Im pretty excited about building it.
I have been into off-roading for 20 years. Its an obsession! Ive never towed my rigs to the ORV parks, and have done many long trips with them, some even coast to coast. I stumbled across OB through many rabbit holes of researching different rigs for builds. YouTube was a big help as well. This community at OB seems like a really good bunch of people who truly love overlanding, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Reactions: CascadeSasquatch

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33212 Hello! Happy to join this community
Daizy is our 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU. She's my daily driver in the Houston area so her miles add up but she's also ready for adventure. We're still learning the ropes ourselves but it's gotten in our blood big time. This summer we have earned 2 Jeep Badge of Honor trails. 1 in Sedona, AZ and the other in Hot Springs, AR. Headed back to hot springs in November.
Hello DaizyTX and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: DaizyTX

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys! New to the overland community (member #7037). Got interested in overland when I got out of cycling (raced as a pro) and needed another hobby. My wife soon got involved and now two rigs later were pretty deep in. Next trip is Usal beach California 10/12-10/16/2017.

Location - Fairfield Ca.

Rig - 2002 Jeep WJ w/2 & 1/2 inch Rusty's lift kit, 245/75R16 Falken wildpeaks, usual gear.

Experience - Ran Rubicon, Sierra trek, and Fordyce in my younger days. I'd say intermediate.

-Serg
Hello Serg and welcome to OB! Can't wait to see pics of your rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone, I am new to Overland but I am experienced with camping, I also have special forces training.
I have not got a "rig" yet I'm trying to find something with easily available parts that is low mileage and fairly stock, but that is proving to be a challenge. I'm looking forward from learning from the best!
Have a good day!
Welcome to OB, TurboDiesel67! Good luck and have fun finding your rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, Just got my membership today. My gf and I both just joined actually. Between the two of us, we have a 2011 Sequoia, a 2006 H3, and a 1977 W100. We're both ex-military and we both enjoy going to "the field" without having to do any work lol. I have extensive vehicle knowledge, especially in engine performance, electrical, and smog (CA) related systems (Evap, emissions, etc.).

Feel free to message me for any driveability concerns and I will do my best to offer "tech" support. Or just to go bombing through the dunes or climb and camp some remote trail. Look forward to meeting you!
Hey Handsome Devil and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Appreciate your service! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roadsQ!

Reactions: Handsome Devil

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I'm Mike from Milford,Mass
I don't have much camping experience,but I used to go on family trips when I was young and I want to start doing it again.

I have a 2012,Thuren suspended PowerWagon on 37s with White Knuckle sliders.

I plan on getting a RTT for the truck in the spring.
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice Rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all,
Jeff here from Rathdrum, Idaho.

My family and I get out to the forest as much as we possible can. Our 2004 Tahoe Z-71 gets us there, it is mostly stock.

I have spent as many days off the pavement as I could since I got my license and built and sold many off road rigs, now I have kids...
Hey Jeff - welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, I'm Cav from the Sunshine Coast in South East Queensland, Australia. Just joined today and thought I should introduce myself.

We have a fair bit of overlanding experience and spent 6 months travelling through Central and Northern Australia on many of our iconic outback dirt tracks in 2016. A month or so ago we tackled the Simpson Desert and successfully completed a solo dual crossing. When we are not on our big trips we get out as often as possible to explore our surrounding area.

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Triton Dual Cab (L200) that we've spent many years setting up. We used to tow an offroad camper trailer but have recently moved to a custom alloy body thats setup for camping so we can get further afield without having to tow.

Looking forward to being part of this community.
Hey Cav and welcome to OB! Sounds like you've had some awesome trips and look forward to seeing pics of your rig. Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi! Im Fred and I live in Olympia, WA.
I drive a 93 Cherokee that Ive built over the last couple years. We also just picked up a 2008 Commander that will be taking the XJ's place. Im pretty excited about building it.
I have been into off-roading for 20 years. Its an obsession! Ive never towed my rigs to the ORV parks, and have done many long trips with them, some even coast to coast. I stumbled across OB through many rabbit holes of researching different rigs for builds. YouTube was a big help as well. This community at OB seems like a really good bunch of people who truly love overlanding, and I'm excited to be a part of it.
Hi Fred and welcome to OB! Looking forward to seeing your rigs and Commander build. Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Dont see many FJ's in UK,
The Toyota cruisers aren't as popular (there are some but most has to be imported) as what you have over the pond - mostly Land Rovers over here lol

See a few Rubicons kicking around on occaison - but depends what part of the UK you are as you see a few more in certain areas (in my experience around the USAF bases as they ride with them lol )
ok i mostly see posh range rovers and l200's and D-Maxes i live right down southwesterly Cornwall way

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Jimmy Nicholson

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Baton Rouge, LA
Member #

IMG_1763.JPG
Hi my name is Jimmy Nicholson
From Greenwell Springs, LA
2017 Jeep Wrangler
New to overlanding. Currently in the building phase of the Jeep because I just got it approximately 3 months ago. I joined to hear recommendations, see what y'all use, and try to avoid any costly rookie mistakes.

Reactions: DaizyTX and Jimmy P

KeldaMae

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi OB!

I'm Kelda from San Francisco, CA and I drive a 2007 Subaru Forester SXT - it's currently stock but I am sooo looking forward to modifying it, aha. I'm hoping to gain insight and advice from other offroad fozzie owners in this community!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to overlanding but have always enjoyed annual (or more) camping trips with family and friends. I'm looking forward to my first trip this weekend beginning with a drive through Old Coast Road starting at Bixby Bridge and ending with a few days of camping at Prewitt Ridge.

Looking forward to earning my place in this community!