Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Pablito

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone! I am new to OB and excited to be part of this community. I am planning my first motorcycle tour in Latin America and I am still looking for a motorcycle to buy. I am also shooting my second documentary on this trip and I was wondering if there are any travelers who would be interested in selling their bike. I have a U$2000 budget for this and I am based in Nicaragua. Your help during this entire experience will be deeply appreciated.

SUZUKI.jpg

Reactions: SUPERWHITETRD

Hoosier Daddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Carmel
Member #

Hey All,

My name is Mike, father of 2 husband of 1. I'm from Indiana. My "handle" is 'Hoosier Daddy.' The chemical engineer has been out of the nest for a while and the future English professor (or is it lawyer, she's not sure) will be off to college in 4 years.

I just recently heard about overlanding and am intrigued. I camp, hunt, fish, hike, and even did a little off roading in the hills of southern Indiana as a kid... but no overlanding just yet. So I'm trying to learn all I can and figure out what set up I want to go with once baby bird flies away and it's just momma bird and me.

I don't really have an overland rig, per se, but with some work it could be ... 2013 Infinity QX56. It's based on the Nissan Patrol so I could do worse... but I'm not so sure I want to go to the $ and effort to transform her into an overlander. The QX is built for comfort on long (paved) road trips (which she does very well) but she's quite heavy... not well suited for mud or sand without some serious mods to accommodate much bigger tires!

No, I think I'm going to take my time and learn from all of you and buy my next vehicle with overlanding in mind.

My inital thought is to maybe get a RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the diesel engine so I can get better torque and milage in an overlanding configuration... Maybe put an EarthCruiser GZL 400 camper in the bed and call it a start? Your thoughts are appreciated...

Reactions: Beee

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey All,

My name is Mike, father of 2 husband of 1. I'm from Indiana. My "handle" is 'Hoosier Daddy.' The chemical engineer has been out of the nest for a while and the future English professor (or is it lawyer, she's not sure) will be off to college in 4 years.

I just recently heard about overlanding and am intrigued. I camp, hunt, fish, hike, and even did a little off roading in the hills of southern Indiana as a kid... but no overlanding just yet. So I'm trying to learn all I can and figure out what set up I want to go with once baby bird flies away and it's just momma bird and me.

I don't really have an overland rig, per se, but with some work it could be ... 2013 Infinity QX56. It's based on the Nissan Patrol so I could do worse... but I'm not so sure I want to go to the $ and effort to transform her into an overlander. The QX is built for comfort on long (paved) road trips (which she does very well) but she's quite heavy... not well suited for mud or sand without some serious mods to accommodate much bigger tires!

No, I think I'm going to take my time and learn from all of you and buy my next vehicle with overlanding in mind.

My inital thought is to maybe get a RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the diesel engine so I can get better torque and milage in an overlanding configuration... Maybe put an EarthCruiser GZL 400 camper in the bed and call it a start? Your thoughts are appreciated...
Hello, Hoosier Daddy and welcome to OB! Good luck on your new vehicle search and enjoy those open roads!

Snow Crickett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pacific Northwest
Member #

Recently acquired my badge and have been mainly following the facebook pages. But, thought I'd sign up here. 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road - 2" lift, sliders, and skids - about the extent of my after market mods. Love camping and want to start doing more overlanding. Hope to get on some of the local trips next year as this season is almost over.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Recently acquired my badge and have been mainly following the facebook pages. But, thought I'd sign up here. 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road - 2" lift, sliders, and skids - about the extent of my after market mods. Love camping and want to start doing more overlanding. Hope to get on some of the local trips next year as this season is almost over.
Hi Snow Crickett and welcome to OB! Nice looking Xterra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Snow Crickett

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi! Im Fred and I live in Olympia, WA.
I drive a 93 Cherokee that Ive built over the last couple years. We also just picked up a 2008 Commander that will be taking the XJ's place. Im pretty excited about building it.
I have been into off-roading for 20 years. Its an obsession! Ive never towed my rigs to the ORV parks, and have done many long trips with them, some even coast to coast. I stumbled across OB through many rabbit holes of researching different rigs for builds. YouTube was a big help as well. This community at OB seems like a really good bunch of people who truly love overlanding, and I'm excited to be a part of it.
Hi Fred Welcome to OB! There really are a good bunch of people here!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi OB!

I'm Kelda from San Francisco, CA and I drive a 2007 Subaru Forester SXT - it's currently stock but I am sooo looking forward to modifying it, aha. I'm hoping to gain insight and advice from other offroad fozzie owners in this community!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to overlanding but have always enjoyed annual (or more) camping trips with family and friends. I'm looking forward to my first trip this weekend beginning with a drive through Old Coast Road starting at Bixby Bridge and ending with a few days of camping at Prewitt Ridge.

Looking forward to earning my place in this community!
Welcome Kelda! Have a great time on your first outing and post pics when you are back!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

hi from Mexico.

my name is Fernando Perez and i live in Victoria (city), Tamaulipas (state) Mexico, it's right below Texas, near to the coast. i drive a 2012 JKUR and my aproach int more like a weekend camping trips and such, but im trying to build my jeep and get it ready to do a trips to colorado mountains in the future. i allredy convinced the wife so that's good, we are especting our first son so it may take a while but its ok, more time to prep the rig.

https://www.instagram.com/fernando_perez_lavin/

here is my instagram page if you want to check it out there are a lots of photos of the jeep and our camping trips, (i dont know how to upload photos here).
Welcome Fernando! and Congratulations on your expanding family!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Name: Drew Scott
Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited "Big Bear"
This weekend I'm adding a Teraflex 2.5" lift w/ Bilstein shocks, Method wheels, BFGoodrich KO2 35x12.5R17 tires, AEV front and rear bumpers - yippee!!!
We have a 1997 Wrangler TJ in the garage too. It's technically my daughter's, but I drive it a lot too.
Experience: Not much at all. Some short day trips nearby. I've watched a lot of youtube videos - does that count?
Welcome Drew! Your rig sounds great! Post a pic se we can see!!

Reactions: drwsctt

mexica

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

Hello everyone, been lurking for a while. I have a diesel Colorado ZR2. I'm learning and will get my rig outfitted soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gdawg

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello

Highland, California
2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2dr)
I love being in the outdoors with nature. Been off-roading and camping on the weekends when I have the time.