Rank 0

Contributor I

Louisiana
First Name
John
Last Name
Hecker
Member #

Anybody up for planning a meet sometime? Maybe some of you guys know of some trails within a reasonable drive for a day/weekend trip of the flat ground we’ve got here.

Reactions: rgk401 and Mike P

Toepfer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Eunice, LA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5BRS
I'd be down for a get together. As long as it's on a weekend and somewhere tween lake Charles and Baton Rouge ish. I'm not down to drive to New Orleans for a coffee date.

carRamROD

Rank 0

Contributor I

Louisiana
First Name
John
Last Name
Hecker
Member #

October works for me. I’ve never organized anything in my life so I’m open to suggestions. A meet and greet/hangout or a weekend of wheeling?

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

I live in the NC mountains. From New Orleans. Work on a boat and park my rig on hwy 90 in Broussard when I'm on the boat.

That count?
LOVE North Carolina. Spent some time on the Nantahala River white water last month. That is where this epic photo was taken of my son saving his mom from being ejected from the raft.
white water rafting 2.jpg

Reactions: Leeaekdb

CaptainBuilt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Theriot
Member #

LOVE North Carolina. Spent some time on the Nantahala River white water last month. That is where this epic photo was taken of my son saving his mom from being ejected from the raft.
View attachment 110460
Hahahah! The Ocoee River is supposed to be fun too.

I work on a boat, the last thing I'm gonna do is get in the water. I do a lot of trout fishing tho.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Prairieville here.

I'd be up to a overnight trip this Fall/Winter. Would plan something sooner, but wife and I are traveling to Utah, Idaho and Wyoming in September.
I'll stay tuned to keep up on scheduled trips, to attend and meet a few like minded folks. Anyway, my new-to-me Nissan Frontier 4X4 is basically stock. Although, items are on ordered to perform a slow transition to trail riding.

BTW, I think my son Blake(blake716) from Gonzales has made a trip with some of you. He drives a white 2017 Taco.

Reactions: Leeaekdb

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

I've gotta Cali big bear trip I'm heading to end of Aug, but we're gonna be camping at Renaissance Fest in Mandeville LA Veterans day weekend. We'll have about 4 or 5 spots, we went last year it was a blast... Not to much trail riding but none the less it's a good meet an greet

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I've gotta Cali big bear trip I'm heading to end of Aug, but we're gonna be camping at Renaissance Fest in Mandeville LA Veterans day weekend. We'll have about 4 or 5 spots, we went last year it was a blast... Not to much trail riding but none the less it's a good meet an greet
Thanks for the notice, Mike.
My sister used to attend this every year. My SIL and his daughter attended last year and said it was a blast. I'll have to tell the wife about the dates to check her calendar.

Reactions: Mike P

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Thanks for the notice, Mike.
My sister used to attend this every year. My SIL and his daughter attended last year and said it was a blast. I'll have to tell the wife about the dates to check her calendar.
Rad! I'll be meeting up with @Bluj13
I'll send some update pics gotta do some mods for Cali trails. Also got a few cameras for trail vids to post

Nola4runner

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Orleans, La
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kiger
New Orleans here. I have a Silverado but will be looking for a 4runner soon. If anybody knows some good spots nearby and wants to go let me know. Looking for others who want to some wheeling and camping. I went to Kisatchie last weekend and found some dirt trails. Nothing to crazy but I wanted to push the limits a bit. Got down a trail and tore it up a bit. On the way out I got stuck in a mud hole but was able to hand winch myself out. Having a buddy in this situation would have been much better. I found a campground next to the Pearl River I'm planning on checking out this weekend. 20190928_170031.jpeg

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Rad! I'll be meeting up with @Bluj13
I'll send some update pics gotta do some mods for Cali trails. Also got a few cameras for trail vids to post
Mike P.
Do you have an idea which dates you're going to the Festival?

Below are the advertised dates.

Nov: 2,3, 9,10, 16,17, 23,24,
Nov 29,30
Dec: 1, 7,8 of 2019.

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Early July I drove the 80 to Colorado to take the family on vacation in the high country...loved it so much that I left the truck in Denver and have been back 3 times this summer, headed back again Thurs to try and get in a late weekend...Once the snow shuts down the trail in Colo will be headed to Moab to explore in Nov and December. Here's some pics from this summerbridal falls.JPGcamp 2 trip 2.JPGcamp fire trip 2.JPGcampfire.JPGcheers to chip.JPGhammock 2.jpgob badge.JPGpeak 10 2.PNGridgeway camp.JPGyankee boy.JPG

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Early July I drove the 80 to Colorado to take the family on vacation in the high country...loved it so much that I left the truck in Denver and have been back 3 times this summer, headed back again Thurs to try and get in a late weekend...Once the snow shuts down the trail in Colo will be headed to Moab to explore in Nov and December. Here's some pics from this summerView attachment 120031View attachment 120032View attachment 120033View attachment 120034View attachment 120035View attachment 120036View attachment 120037View attachment 120038View attachment 120039View attachment 120040
you cant get better than that!

Reactions: cruiserfien