Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

If anyone is interested in joining in on a trip to the Ozarks, me and a couple buddies are headed there for Dec 12-16 to run the High Water Mark Trail. We'd be leaving Baton Rouge on the Thursday morning and getting back the Monday afternoon.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
If anyone is interested in joining in on a trip to the Ozarks, me and a couple buddies are headed there for Dec 12-16 to run the High Water Mark Trail. We'd be leaving Baton Rouge on the Thursday morning and getting back the Monday afternoon.
Just got back a few days ago from the Buffalo River. With the rain they had, all the waterfalls were flowing great and the weather was perfect for hiking. And with it being off season, there were very few people, you should have a blast!

Reactions: eagle_A40

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Just got back a few days ago from the Buffalo River. With the rain they had, all the waterfalls were flowing great and the weather was perfect for hiking. And with it being off season, there were very few people, you should have a blast!
Good to hear! Someone I work with made a run to Jasper a couple weekends ago and said he had to turn back due to ice on the road. How was the water level when you were there? The Buffalo Crossing worries me a little wince we've got an older XJ with us and I don't trust his door seals lol

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Good to hear! Someone I work with made a run to Jasper a couple weekends ago and said he had to turn back due to ice on the road. How was the water level when you were there? The Buffalo Crossing worries me a little wince we've got an older XJ with us and I don't trust his door seals lol
We were at Steel Creek and that area, about 15 miles from Jasper. There wasn't any ice at all and even with the temp in high 30's and low 40s in the morning and evening, it was still very comfortable. We kayaked the Buffalo at Steel Creek and the water was higher than normal according to a park ranger. The Glory Hole even had water going thru it and they said its normally dry this time of year. Not sure about the crossings, we just stayed on main roads and did the tourist sightseeing for the most part. The water was moving pretty good, and most kayaking was just steering and going with the current.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Man!! I'd love to go, but our family Christmas get-together is Dec. 14th. I can't get out of it. Thanks for the offer.

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

We were at Steel Creek and that area, about 15 miles from Jasper. There wasn't any ice at all and even with the temp in high 30's and low 40s in the morning and evening, it was still very comfortable. We kayaked the Buffalo at Steel Creek and the water was higher than normal according to a park ranger. The Glory Hole even had water going thru it and they said its normally dry this time of year. Not sure about the crossings, we just stayed on main roads and did the tourist sightseeing for the most part. The water was moving pretty good, and most kayaking was just steering and going with the current.
I've been wanting to go kayak that for a while now. My wife and I both have some 15' boats that we do expedition paddling in, I just would like to use a trailer instead of my roof rack for that long of a drive (8 hours from BR, LA)

tacopartyof4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Madisonville, LA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
I've been wanting to go kayak that for a while now. My wife and I both have some 15' boats that we do expedition paddling in, I just would like to use a trailer instead of my roof rack for that long of a drive (8 hours from BR, LA)
I'm wanting to do a float next year probably in march with my tarpin 120. I've got a yakama long arm and can stack boats on my diamondback cover.

New guy from Madisonville BTW.

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

I'm wanting to do a float next year probably in march with my tarpin 120. I've got a yakama long arm and can stack boats on my diamondback cover.

New guy from Madisonville BTW.
Welcome! My uncle has a line on a small boat trailer that would be perfect for conversion to a kayak trailer. I was thinking about building in a couple of storage compartments for gear and paddles. That is, if I can convince my wife to let me take on a 6th major project at the same time lol

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Welcome! My uncle has a line on a small boat trailer that would be perfect for conversion to a kayak trailer. I was thinking about building in a couple of storage compartments for gear and paddles. That is, if I can convince my wife to let me take on a 6th major project at the same time lol
ONLY 6? :grin:

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

animated-smileys-thinking-02.gif

Mike, that's what I was thinking. animated-smileys-thinking-17.gif
I have so many project, I can't die until I'm finished. snack.gif

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm