Abickers

Rank I

Contributor III

Mandeville, LA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bickers
New member from Mandeville. I did some exploring last weekend in Desoto NF and found some nice campgrounds around Black Creek Wilderness and a few little secluded areas to play around at with some water crossings and logs to go over. Lots more to explore there.

On another note I love wrenching and doing fab work so if anybody local needs a hand let me know.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
down in the swamps of thibodaux...we're pretty active. a lot of trips to arkansas and georgia and then out west when we get a few weeks open

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Pearl River LA
nice. we pass thru there all the time going to tennessee and georgia. i was thinking about taking my boat there and checking out the area. only hour and half away

Reactions: eagle_A40

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy guys. I'm still in the LA/AR line, but right now in Shreveport. My time in the deep south is coming to an end and I will be heading back up north in a couple weeks to close on a house in PA and then spend a few weeks at my place in MA.

Too bad I did not get a chance to meet any ArkaLaTex folks on here!

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Still around and haven't gotten out at all this year because of the closures and work, but hoping to change that before it gets too hot. Work, eat, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat has gotten WAY beyond old.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Still around and haven't gotten out at all this year because of the closures and work, but hoping to change that before it gets too hot. Work, eat, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat has gotten WAY beyond old.
true! where do you go? there isn't much in louisiana so we usually hit arkansas and georgia. out west is great, but a 2 day drive just to get there, so we are always looking for some hidden gem that is closer

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
We've been up around DeSoto a couple of times and found a couple of decent areas, but the horse flies are always a PITA, so that kind of ruins the vibe. I've been thinking of going to poke around Kisatchie for the last couple of years, but haven't followed though. We WERE planning to head up to Arkansas for a week or so during the spring but thanks to the COVID stuff, that got shot down. Long term trip plan is a trip over to Big Bend for a couple of weeks, but will have to make time and money line up first. The next big for sure thing is a Death Valley and Baja trip in spring of 2021 that we're slowly saving up for. As for anything local you're on point. VERY little down here...

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
We've been up around DeSoto a couple of times and found a couple of decent areas, but the horse flies are always a PITA, so that kind of ruins the vibe. I've been thinking of going to poke around Kisatchie for the last couple of years, but haven't followed though. We WERE planning to head up to Arkansas for a week or so during the spring but thanks to the COVID stuff, that got shot down. Long term trip plan is a trip over to Big Bend for a couple of weeks, but will have to make time and money line up first. The next big for sure thing is a Death Valley and Baja trip in spring of 2021 that we're slowly saving up for. As for anything local you're on point. VERY little down here...
we went to big bend over christmas holidays...it s a LONG desolate drive and the sights in the park are very spread out and it was packed with people. its brutally hot there so expect to sweat...also you have to be there in person to get a spot and that can be tricky. definitely do some research before going because it is very remote and you will need to pretty much pack in everything you need, they have a couple stores there, but they are pretty limited.

well, i guess we will just continue with arkansas since its closer and they do have a lot of hiking and kayaking. if you find anything good closer, post and i'll do the same