Carmichael, California, United States
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Olagues
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QXA
I was going to do this trip while on my way up to Eureka to see my daughter for Father\\\'s Day. Just saw you had it planned and thought I\\\'d jump in on it. Just me and my dog, nobody else in the vehicle. Should be fun!
I\\\'ll be arriving on Friday from Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz mountains. Maybe meet up with some of you around the 580/680 interchange?
Sure MTN RNR,

So far I think you, Fidel (from San jose) and I (San Ramon) are from Bay area. If 580/680 is not the main route for everyone, we can meet and start.
Was just looking for a Father’s Day weekend trip and ran across this. It sounds great I will be attending with my wife and 13year old daughter. We are in Sacramento have you determined if you will be going through the Bay Area or up 5?

Reactions: RAWags and DaveD

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
What route are you taking?
That's a good question. Since we are driving north from Usal Beach on Saturday, I'll probably come in on the 1 from Leggett and pick-up Usal Road where the 1 turns south. Driving in from Whitethorn I'd just cover the same ground in two days. I would probably do that route only if I was running later than I expect.

Reactions: m1jacobs

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
In one week we will be camping! I am planning on meeting at 12:30pm Friday June 14th to roll out by 1pm sharp for those in the greater Modesto/Stockton area. If you’d like to caravan with me we will be meeting at the Denny’s off Jack Tone RD and 99. Pretty easy to find. An early start will be good with it being Father’s Day weekend. Please let me know if you will be driving with me.

As far as the Bay Area caravan rendezvous spot I’ll let you guys determine that.

For the valley folk it’s a 6 plus hour drive, but when you get to Highway 1 off Hwy 20 the drive is pretty fun with the views. Once you hit Rockport Ca the left for Usal Beach Campground is 3.2 miles. 39.7803 -123.8315

Usal Beach is just about 6 miles in, I wouldn’t worry about airing down for this portion.

@Mark E will be arriving early and do his best to hold some spots for us. Where we can we will double up camp sites and fit in if necessary.

This is going to be a fun trip!

View attachment 102164
Hi Dave. I'll be meeting you at Denny's also. See y'all Friday!

Reactions: RAWags and PapaDave

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
@PapaDave my daughter would like to come down from Eureka in her taco and camp at Wailaki on Saturday. Would there be room for her or are things going to be a little tight?

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave my daughter would like to come down from Eureka in her taco and camp at Wailaki on Saturday. Would there be room for her or are things going to be a little tight?
Have her come! We will make it work since this isn’t traditional camping, we can use more space in each site

Reactions: MTN RNR

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
If you guys taking I-5 to 20, Can I caravan with you guys? I live by Eight mile rd in Stockton.
We're going to be rolling out of Ripon at 1 so according to google that should put us at 8 mile road and I-5 at 1:30. Could you meet us there? I see you have HAM, we could give you a heads up...

DaveD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California. USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6GMX
Jolagues + Family and I will be departing Sacramento at 0900 hrs. Friday.
Which would put us in Willets roughly around noon for lunch. Then arrive at camp at 1500 to 1600 hrs. To meet up with @Mark E and @m1jacobs
I've got two rolls of yellow caution tape to mark off the camp area if need be.
I will be monitoring 146.460mhz KG6GMX

silenteagle

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Stockton, CA
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Siazon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZP
We're going to be rolling out of Ripon at 1 so according to google that should put us at 8 mile road and I-5 at 1:30. Could you meet us there? I see you have HAM, we could give you a heads up...
Yes, definitely. I have a ham but it is not programmed yet since I am new to it. I guess I just need to key in the frequency.

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
It was really hot on the beach last couple days here in Northern Humboldt. But today foggy and overcast and cool.

I’ve got some caution tape with me as well to help block some area out.

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Yes, definitely. I have a ham but it is not programmed yet since I am new to it. I guess I just need to key in the frequency.
Put your radio in VFO mode and punch in 146.460. That's it. We'll call you as were are going thru Stockton. I'm Brian - KM6JAG.

silenteagle

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Stockton, CA
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Siazon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZP
Put your radio in VFO mode and punch in 146.460. That's it. We'll call you as were are going thru Stockton. I'm Brian - KM6JAG.
thank you! i will try it. should i fill my jerry can now or are we stopping halfway?

Anand_S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Ramon, CA
First Name
Anand
Last Name
Sambasivam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKA
Hello everyone,

Few hours before we roll-out. Already up and can't sleep :)

@PapaDave - What is the rendezvous point in Ft.Bragg? I'm planning to start with my son and a friend (just 1 rig) around 12.00 Noon. Our ETA is around 5.00 PM at Ft.Bragg. Will get some sandwich for dinner, ice and fill jerry cans etc, we will be ready by 5.30 PM at Ft. Bragg. HAM is tuned to 146.460

Let me know.