Anand
Last Name
Sambasivam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKA
I'm in for 2 people. RSVP sent.
Quick tip.
I opened the rally point email notification from Samsung S9 phone. It opened the website and didn't see the RSVP button. Fiddled for a while to figure with no success. When i turned the phone in landscape mode RSVP button was displayed. Hope it helps to others who can't always get to computer quick.

Reactions: Mark E and PapaDave

Budman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

I am in. I have tried to hit the RSVP button and it will not open or let me RSVP. I might be outside the range or such.

Larry

Reactions: Mark E

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I am in. I have tried to hit the RSVP button and it will not open or let me RSVP. I might be outside the range or such.

Larry
Weird, I just did it manually for you. See if that works

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
I've been wanting to do this trip. 1 rig 1-2 people.

Are small dogs OK?

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
I've been wanting to do this trip. 1 rig 1-2 people.

Are small dogs OK?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I\'ve been wanting to do this trip. 1 rig 1-2 people.

Are small dogs OK?
Dogs are fine as long as you are mindful that he/she doesn’t get into other people’s camp. But no problem! Glad you are coming

Anand_S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Ramon, CA
First Name
Anand
Last Name
Sambasivam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKA
Dave

So what time are we starting on Friday and what is the route and final meeting point before getting to the camp?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Dave

So what time are we starting on Friday and what is the route and final meeting point before getting to the camp?
Great questions, I’d like to get a half day start from the Modesto area so a few of us can possibly save some spots. Usal Campground will be busy most likely. My desire would be to head out about 12pm from Modesto, so Anand we could meet up with you around the 580/680 interchange. It’s about a 5.5 hour drive or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: BettyWhiteOneSeven

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Great questions, I’d like to get a half day start from the Modesto so a few of us can possibly save some spots. Usal Campground will be busy most likely. My desire would be to head out about 12pm from Modesto, so Anand we could meet up with you around the 580/680 interchange. It’s about a 5.5 hour drive or so.
My uncle will be coming from the South Bay and the 580/680 split would probably be a good rendezvous point for the Bay Area and Valley people.

Reactions: PapaDave

Anand_S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Ramon, CA
First Name
Anand
Last Name
Sambasivam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKA
Great questions, I’d like to get a half day start from the Modesto area so a few of us can possibly save some spots. Usal Campground will be busy most likely. My desire would be to head out about 12pm from Modesto, so Anand we could meet up with you around the 580/680 interchange. It’s about a 5.5 hour drive or so.
Perfect. That would give us head start as well as evade the rush hour traffic (hopefully).

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I’m going up early Friday to see some friends in Ft. Bragg. Maybe meet up at the Safeway? Good place to grab local brews and wine, too.
I know you drive this a lot, is it faster to go 101N to 20W and up 1? Or go 101N and take 1S at Leggett?

Mark E

Rank VII

Inventor II

Manteca, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Elness
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YRY
I normally take I-5N to 20w to 101N . Then pick up 20W in Willits to Ft. Bragg then N on 1. It’s a bit longer than going through the bay, but there’s usually much less traffic. It can actually be faster if the Bay Area is jammed. Plenty of easy options for rest rooms, food , and fuel too.

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
I was going to do this trip while on my way up to Eureka to see my daughter for Father's Day. Just saw you had it planned and thought I'd jump in on it. Just me and my dog, nobody else in the vehicle. Should be fun!
I'll be arriving on Friday from Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz mountains. Maybe meet up with some of you around the 580/680 interchange?

Anand_S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Ramon, CA
First Name
Anand
Last Name
Sambasivam
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKA
I was going to do this trip while on my way up to Eureka to see my daughter for Father\'s Day. Just saw you had it planned and thought I\'d jump in on it. Just me and my dog, nobody else in the vehicle. Should be fun!
I\'ll be arriving on Friday from Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz mountains. Maybe meet up with some of you around the 580/680 interchange?
Sure MTN RNR,

So far I think you, Fidel (from San jose) and I (San Ramon) are from Bay area. If 580/680 is not the main route for everyone, we can meet and start.

Reactions: MTN RNR