Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I do a lot of traveling so I'm gonna check this out asap. Thanks for sharing!
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
The app costs a couple dollars I think, but I love it. It's great! There is also another app that shows you which stores/restaurants/venues/etc. are not gun friendly for CCW.

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Because of this country's archaic firearms regs, sidearms are restricted and thus out of the question. So we carry a Mossy 500 and/or JR carbine in 40S&W when we're out on crown land.

(according to the Canadian government, AR rifles are evil).

stefan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

McQueeney, Texas
Member #

It is not safe to travel into the woods without some sort of protection, everybody knows that that live around bears.

Sent from my VK815 using OB Talk mobile app
Safe is a relative term to the context of the situation YOU are in. As well as the skill sets you own in regards to safe handling of a firearm. I consider the firearm to be just another tool I may need on my travels. Much like my medical kit and recovery gear. Hopefully I never have to use that gear but the consequences of not having it are far to high.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

It wasnt the trigger, even tricked out race guns by Glock don't work for me. It's nothing against Glock, it's a gun I want to love but we just are not a good fit. I'm very glad to have discovered CZ, they are at about the same price point and I love the trigger and how it feels in the hand. Plus the low bore axis makes getting back on target after each shot very quick. One comaint on my CZ is that I don't like the horseshoe rear sight. Fortunately Santa brought me a set of Trigicon night sights that solved that problem.
Only thing I don't like about CZ is the slide not overlapping the frame. There's just not enough purchase on those slides for me to get my hamfists around them reliably.

I really appreciate their build quality, trigger, and ergonomics, but that internal slide just kills it for me. [emoji53]

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

If I can legally carry with my CCW permit from my state I will visit the area and spend my money. If you do not think I am responsible enough to protect myself in your state I stay away. I do make exceptions, but not many.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ooooooooo, this is fun.

Lip saver
Keys
More keys
Kershaw Leek
OnePlus 3T
Walther PPS M2
DeSantis holster
Hercshel Super Slim wallet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app
The saddest part of your move are the MA gun laws. ;-( It's not too bad, getting your LTC is not too hard and there is lots of info online about transferring them to MA. My dad has the same Walther!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

The saddest part of your move are the MA gun laws. ;-( It's not too bad, getting your LTC is not too hard and there is lots of info online about transferring them to MA. My dad has the same Walther!
I made sure my Walther was compliment before buying. [emoji6]

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I made sure my Walther was compliment before buying. [emoji6]

You, my friend, are a smart guy. I did the same. I'm sure you are have done the research, but let me know if you have any questions since I recently did everything in the past couple months.

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
I usually pack a small handgun and either my rifle or shotgun. I also pack the usual bear spray, airhorn, etc. as well, but bear country requires a substantial weapon... just in case. For some trips I only bring a small pistol as big wild animals are not expected in my campground at the Hilton. :yum:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I just bought these drawers from Front Runner Outfitters. I'll be adding this to my build thread once installed next week, but I am actually hoping to create some foam inserts for one drawer to store my guns when traveling. These drawers have locks.

Reactions: jrbechthold

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I always have my CCW on me or in the 4Runner... and if I am going on a long trip - I will generally take my AR as well. Like some people have said... half for protection, half for fun...

Reactions: Big E

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I used to only carry when in the wild. With the current condition of the world only worsening, I carry any time my wife and son are with me , or if I am planning to be in a large, crowded environment. I am "Permitted" in the state of Wyoming, which covers me in a lot of other states. When I cannot legally carry a firearm, My plan B is BearSpray. The good stuff, it is designed to make a 1000# grizzly bear cry, I Guarantee you, it will make the meanest man beg for his mommy.