Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Nice. In my personal quest, the M&P Shield and the PPS M2 were real close. I shot them both identically, I like the feel of the PPS grip a little better and had no problem concealing both so I went with the PPS. Besides, it makes me feel like James Bond ;) (I know its not a PPK)
Haha! Awesome! Thanks for the input. [emoji1306]

Reactions: MA_Trooper

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Nice. In my personal quest, the M&P Shield and the PPS M2 were real close. I shot them both identically, I like the feel of the PPS grip a little better and had no problem concealing both so I went with the PPS. Besides, it makes me feel like James Bond ;) (I know its not a PPK)
Aaaaaand now I have the James Bond guitar/horn riff in my head.

Reactions: MA_Trooper

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I've never been a fan of the Glock.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine pistol; rugged, reliable, and affordable. For some reason, though, I just don't like them. Part of the problem is the grip angle, my muscle memory is for a more vertical grip, when I practice drawing and firing quickly I make a somewhat effective anti-aircraft gun.

For about the same money, I've found the CZ P-07 and P-09 to be more comfortable, I also think they have a much better trigger than the Glock and have the advantage of being able to fire double or single action.
ALL Glock triggers suck out of the box. I was issued a NIB 22 that I also had to qualify with. The only thing that saved me was the 800 rounds I fired through a buddies NIB 22 (gave it back to him nicely broke in) prior to academy and learning where to lube one. It's a world of difference if you break Glocks down prior to the first round and clean them, the firing pin safety and primary safety trigger is where you will make all the difference.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

It wasnt the trigger, even tricked out race guns by Glock don't work for me. It's nothing against Glock, it's a gun I want to love but we just are not a good fit. I'm very glad to have discovered CZ, they are at about the same price point and I love the trigger and how it feels in the hand. Plus the low bore axis makes getting back on target after each shot very quick. One comaint on my CZ is that I don't like the horseshoe rear sight. Fortunately Santa brought me a set of Trigicon night sights that solved that problem.

Reactions: zilliax

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
If this "Driving trucks through crowds" trend continues, I may switch to a Glock 29 for concealed carry. In combination with a Glock 20/Mech Tech Upper, you'd have a pretty good system. A windshield/car door/bear round in a concealable handgun, and a carbine with near .223 energy (CQB), that can share the same mags! Thoughts?

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5609.PNG

IMG_5618.PNG
IMG_5617.PNG

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

If this "Driving trucks through crowds" trend continues, I may switch to a Glock 29 for concealed carry. In combination with a Glock 20/Mech Tech Upper, you'd have a pretty good system. A windshield/car door/bear round in a concealable handgun, and a carbine with near .223 energy (CQB), that can share the same mags! Thoughts?
I am definitely following this thread, curious as well.

Reactions: Kelly

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
I have owned ARs, Mini 14s, AKs, Glocks, HKs, Springfield XDs, etc. Now I am back full circle. I bring along my model 94 30-30 and 1911. Recently I purchased a Ruger Vaquero birds head in .45 acp. No school like the old school. I grew up around firearms, they were almost like tools. Personal protection was a side benefit. I bring mine along mainly because I feel strange without them. Always have. Funny thing is you would never know they are around, but they are never far off.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

A Nevada resident looking forward to Nat Reci? Where do you want to go that you can't carry with a Nevada permit? Or is this just a general all around 'it would be really good'?
It would be nice to have one set of rules and one permit. No worries and we all know that all legal carriers have done some training.

Reactions: finlayforprez