JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
Just finished up a couple days ago with the rotor and pads install up front. Riding like it just came off the lot. Come Tuesday I have a new suspension compressor coming hope to install that night.

Anyone have any issues with the beauty rings on the lugs? These things are weak!

JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
Did you figure out the codes?
Unfortunately no, I went in under the hood, checked all fuel lines and vacuum lines, all seem great. I cleared the codes and they haven’t came back since. I’m keeping close eye on it though. And still doing research just in case it pops again.

JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
Working on an MDF box in the rear, going to have box and drawer on right hand side with a slide out for table space at the bottom. On left hand side I’ll have it open to slide larger duffles, boxes, and equipment. Let me know your ideas! This is held in place right now in the existing trunk splitter areas.

Going to be covering it in the same type of carpet that’s in it.....or maybe black. I haven’t decided. On top alone it will double my flat storage space.

On the pillars I thought of hanging a rod in place to prevent any movement and hitting the glass.

IMG_3463.jpgIMG_3462.jpgIMG_3461.jpgIMG_3460.jpg

JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
Drawer #1 is completed. 22” drawer I have it to come right to the end of the gate. That gives me about a foot of dead space behind the drawer for extra holding that I can reach from the back pass door.

P.S......I’m not a carpenter

I won’t be using locking openers but I will be putting on a handle once I find a nice flush mount one. To close and keep closed on trail I’ll be using the rubber latches on left hand side for both the top and bottom drawer.

After it is all built I’ll be painting it all with bed liner black.

IMG_3528.jpg

Uriel Ramirez

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sedro Woolley, wa
Member #

For those codes clean your throttle body, I have two LR3's and I get those randomly, I believe the LR4's have the same breather right before the throttle body. Just take some carb cleaner to it.

JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
Wow I just went through this. Great and amazing. I’m going to steal some of your changes

What have you done since the last post?
With work being so busy in retail not to much. I do have a pretty long list of mods coming in March however. I want to get 18”s and 275/65’s installed, bumpstop extention, roof rack (frontrunner), hidden winch bumper, winch, spod system, and ditch the rods and go with the IIDTool to go full electronic lift and not the rods.

All speculation at the moment however on if I stick with the plan on the upgrades. Wife and I are throwing some ideas in the air to either get a newer year LR or step into something else entirely. I love the LR and it’s capability however and would love to try and mod out the new Discovery Sport. Who knows? [emoji848]

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

With work being so busy in retail not to much. I do have a pretty long list of mods coming in March however. I want to get 18”s and 275/65’s installed, bumpstop extention, roof rack (frontrunner), hidden winch bumper, winch, spod system, and ditch the rods and go with the IIDTool to go full electronic lift and not the rods.

All speculation at the moment however on if I stick with the plan on the upgrades. Wife and I are throwing some ideas in the air to either get a newer year LR or step into something else entirely. I love the LR and it’s capability however and would love to try and mod out the new Discovery Sport. Who knows? [emoji848]
I have been looking for 18 inch rims. The only ones I can find are LR3 18 inch wheels, because of the 255/60R18 53 offset, the 53offset is the problem.

I like the ditch lighting.

JayMacLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McMichael
I have been looking for 18 inch rims. The only ones I can find are LR3 18 inch wheels, because of the 255/60R18 53 offset, the 53offset is the problem.

I like the ditch lighting.
I’m wanting to go something with Fuel Wheels. I’ll have to utilize spacers, but as long as you go with the hub centric and a reputable brand and quality you’ll be fine. I’ve had them on the LR before and no issues at all.