Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Just found this thread I've been on the forums a while. I'm in Hattiesburg MS I ride with a few people in Desoto 3-4 times a month, It would be cool to meet up with some of you guys. let me know if yall are doing anything.

Reactions: Ethan Hokanson

Ethan Hokanson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lucedale, Mississippi
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hokanson
Member #

Just found this thread I've been on the forums a while. I'm in Hattiesburg MS I ride with a few people in Desoto 3-4 times a month, It would be cool to meet up with some of you guys. let me know if yall are doing anything.
What areas in Desoto do you ride? I’d be interested in a ride pretty soon. There’s not very many places in MS that I know of to ride so anywhere I haven’t been yet I’m interested. I’m just south of you

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: MS_Disco

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

What areas in Desoto do you ride? I’d be interested in a ride pretty soon. There’s not very many places in MS that I know of to ride so anywhere I haven’t been yet I’m interested. I’m just south of you

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I’m all over desoto. Wednesday we went up to the north near laurel, we usually run around camp Shelby and through Brooklyn a lot of it is dirt roads but there are some nice places to camp down by the black creek wilderness.

Reactions: Ethan Hokanson

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

I’m all over desoto. Wednesday we went up to the north near laurel, we usually run around camp Shelby and through Brooklyn a lot of it is dirt roads but there are some nice places to camp down by the black creek wilderness.
Hey been on here awhile myself and just saw this thread I also live in Desoto looking to find some folks to do some trails with that isn't so far out. Working the fire department doesn't give me a lot of full weekends to ride but would love to meet up sometime. Trying to get my wife who claims she wants to get into it into some trails this is my rig so far 20180323_192822.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Cwilli17

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey been on here awhile myself and just saw this thread I also live in Desoto looking to find some folks to do some trails with that isn't so far out. Working the fire department doesn't give me a lot of full weekends to ride but would love to meet up sometime. Trying to get my wife who claims she wants to get into it into some trails this is my rig so far View attachment 53274

we actually went on a ride this morning ill let you know when we do another!

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

we actually went on a ride this morning ill let you know when we do another!
Been out of town and head back today but ya hit me up. We (me wife 3 kids and dog) are headed on a 18 day camp trip end of may and into June. We have done a lot of weekend camping and will be our first long trip. Gonna be interesting to see how she does lol

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Been out of town and head back today but ya hit me up. We (me wife 3 kids and dog) are headed on a 18 day camp trip end of may and into June. We have done a lot of weekend camping and will be our first long trip. Gonna be interesting to see how she does lol

haha good luck brother, I wish I could get that kind of time off!

Ethan Hokanson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lucedale, Mississippi
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hokanson
Member #

The dates are set for a weekend camping trip. The location is Cypress Creek Landing Recreation Area. The coordinates are (30.96556, -89.00518) April 14-15th. My group will be heading there earlier Saturday before 12:00 noon to setup camp. Everyone’s welcome!

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

The dates are set for a weekend camping trip. The location is Cypress Creek Landing Recreation Area. The coordinates are (30.96556, -89.00518) April 14-15th. My group will be heading there earlier Saturday before 12:00 noon to setup camp. Everyone’s welcome!
I may ride up Saturday afternoon to say hi. I've got a class I'm teaching in Lucedale that morning, so I won't be too far from that direction. I grew up hunting that area. Bring bug spray!!! lol

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

I may ride up Saturday afternoon to say hi. I've got a class I'm teaching in Lucedale that morning, so I won't be too far from that direction. I grew up hunting that area. Bring bug spray!!! lol
sounds like we are going to have a pretty good size crew out there!

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I won’t be camping, I’ve got all of my gear off of my rig, so if I can get up there, it’ll be to meet folks.

OB# 4392

Ethan Hokanson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lucedale, Mississippi
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hokanson
Member #

Due to severe weather the camping trip this weekend (14-15) at cypress creek has been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Prairieville, LA

I lived in Western Wyoming for almost 10 years, moved back to Louisiana 3 years ago and DEARLY MISS taking day or two exploration trips on off weekends, so I have decided (with the wife's approval, of course) that I want to get into overlanding since it's mostly just us and the dog now. Planning to start small and eventually work our way up to the TAT, plus whatever else the budget can take, so I'll definitely be monitoring SEOB for things that time and funds allow.

Reactions: blake716