Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

i usually start searching by title only, then topic if I can't find something. I'm not criticizing, I just know you've not found threads before, so I thought maybe the checkbox was limiting the search. That said, our search here is not that great. You can't search for short words such as ARB, and if you put multiple words it lists results for EACH word, not BOTH...

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Some joker started "Overland Kitchen" back in Jan 15' but it was more about recipes. Like this idea of the camp kitchen setup though, always an evolving bit of kit.

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Here is mine....ARB fridge, Partner steel stove, drawer with all kitchen items, and tailgate table

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Advocate II

So far all I have is a dual burner Coleman stove. I plan on buying a Rubbermaid box like Michael uses for my cooking gear which will double as my sink. I want to try and find a propane grill and eventually get a Skottle. I also have a 12V Coleman cooler and plan on investing in another standard cooler of a decent size soon. Eventually I would love to have a fridge/freezer.

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Some joker started "Overland Kitchen" back in Jan 15' but it was more about recipes. Like this idea of the camp kitchen setup though, always an evolving bit of kit.
Yea, saw that one a while ago, thought it was going to be along the lines of this thread but it was just a cooking show (nothing wrong with that).

We are working on building one for the back of our Jeep. Will post up once we get it done.

Advocate II

Yea, saw that one a while ago, thought it was going to be along the lines of this thread but it was just a cooking show (nothing wrong with that).

We are working on building one for the back of our Jeep. Will post up once we get it done.
Same here that's why I started this thread. I like the idea of sharing what we have to help others who are just getting started.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

not sure why its not showing up at all, but here is my setup. Its a double slide out with a table top and storage, and the right side is a single slide out with storage in it. Thats a 50qt arb fridge.

In the left drawer, i keep my coleman stove, a backpacking stove, a good knife, and some propane. The right drawer is where i keep my plates, pot set, skillets, utensils, spices, and more.20151007_231217.jpg

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Here is mine....ARB fridge, Partner steel stove, drawer with all kitchen items, and tailgate table

I love your setup, but personally I like to remove my stove from the vehicle so that my delicious bacon and fajita smells don't permeate my cabin for the next few days. Otherwise, I would mount my stove very much like yours.

Reactions: Scott K

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
I love your setup, but personally I like to remove my stove from the vehicle so that my delicious bacon and fajita smells don't permeate my cabin for the next few days. Otherwise, I would mount my stove very much like yours.
Thanks Dave.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
We roll a little heavy! Coleman dual burner, tin wash basin, cutting boards etc...One of the reasons we like getting out is to just cook outside, so "everything and the kitchen sink" applies! We could probably get rid of half of what we bring.View attachment 2880
Looks like how I roll. I really need to learn how to pack lighter, but if I can fit everything I need in the Runner....

Reactions: SLO Rob

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Looks like how I roll. I really need to learn how to pack lighter, but if I can fit everything I need in the Runner....
Yeah, we go beyond need! I was teasing Ceec (my girlfriend that everyone met at the rally) that we'd packed too much, she brought too much stuff etc...and it's soooo nice to have all that crap! I lose the argument every time. A Big Sur trip a while ago, I was teasing her about bringing a pop up...and sure enough...rain...even though none was in sight. So yeah...pack away!

Reactions: Bueller and rixham