Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Shouldn't you have put that on in your driveway when you first installed the tent? :grinning:
Oh probably.. But time was at a premium so I told myself "I'll figure it out later" my first attempt was in the rain with a frustrated wife... You can imagine how that went... So I figure with a plethora of hands to help I may be able to figure it out..

Reactions: GrizzCamp

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Oh probably.. But time was at a premium so I told myself "I'll figure it out later" my first attempt was in the rain with a frustrated wife... You can imagine how that went... So I figure with a plethora of hands to help I may be able to figure it out..
If it's like my Howlingmoon RTT, you install the slide part in the bracket against the tent ( I'm sure those are the wrong words to describe the parts) and then attach the zipper and zip around. Pretty easy.

Don't know what kind of RTT you have, but here is a video from CVT. I'm sure they are all close to the same.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

If it's like my Howlingmoon RTT, you install the slide part in the bracket against the tent ( I'm sure those are the wrong words to describe the parts) and then attach the zipper and zip around. Pretty easy.

Don't know what kind of RTT you have, but here is a video from CVT. I'm sure they are all close to the same.

Here's the issue.. Cvt upgraded their annex so all of the sides now have slide in channels and not zippers. I have an email with pointers from cvt. It can't be that hard really...

Reactions: GrizzCamp

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

LOL... I was dreaming up my meal menu two weeks ago, cleaning gear and looking forward to a weekend off. This is the first time camping with the new truck so its all foreign where I'm gonna stuff everything. Plus trying to buy a bunch of goodies last minute is backfiring on me as usual. :)

Really its an excuse to tell the wife they are installing next week so we will have to go back out and camp again to test the gear lol.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

I'll definitely be there. I finished installing inner and outer tie rods on the rig this evening and found someone to do a front end alignment. I have a feeling I'll be getting to camp on friday just before night fall.

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

We should be rolling into the area, if I'm lucky 13-15:00, I'll be pushing the family to get out of here before 11.

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

I'm a little bummed that I did not get the RTT in time. At least something else showed up thanks to UPS. Hopefully I mounted it up properly or at least close to the specs. My measurements are not quite in parameters so I'll bring tools and check it along the way to camp.

IMG_5187.JPG

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

Im going to have to miss this one. A couple of guys at work are going on a "business trip" this weekend and I was asked to cover for them tomorrow. I would usually say no but being only second week at this job I can't say no lol. Have fun guys!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Master list updated on op. Looks like we have 6 rigs coming.. Anyone who sees this and wants to join last minute.. No need to ask, just show up! I'll post the actual camp coordinates when I get out there today, assuming we have cell signal, but I don't think we will be far off from the coordinates in the op.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Master list updated on op. Looks like we have 6 rigs coming.. Anyone who sees this and wants to join last minute.. No need to ask, just show up! I'll post the actual camp coordinates when I get out there today, assuming we have cell signal, but I don't think we will be far off from the coordinates in the op.
I still might make it. Let me see when I get off work tomorrow.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Ok guys. I have landed. New coordinates for the camp site are:

N 34°10.044' , W 116°12.714' as you come in on the dirt road I am off to the left. I have full service so if you have any questions text or call 909-327-5455..

Reactions: Raul B

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Ok guys. I have landed. New coordinates for the camp site are:

N 34°10.044' , W 116°12.714' as you come in on the dirt road I am off to the left. I have full service so if you have any questions text or call 909-327-5455..
Just to confirm, this is between Yucca and 29 Palms? And not near Pioneer town? That's what Bing and Google maps is telling me.