• HTML tutorial

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

If I go, its looking like it won't be till Saturday evening. The 3 weeks of rain in Dec/Jan really put us behind at work and I probably have to work Saturday.

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

We're also looking forward to getting out of the house. I'm trying to convince our friends to go and test out his cargo van lol. We have CB's, Radios, no Ham Unit yet, should I look into one of those and get the License? We might still just roll in late Friday night, trying to figure that out with my wife's workload.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

We're also looking forward to getting out of the house. I'm trying to convince our friends to go and test out his cargo van lol. We have CB's, Radios, no Ham Unit yet, should I look into one of those and get the License? We might still just roll in late Friday night, trying to figure that out with my wife's workload.
I wouldn't worry about getting a ham license for this. I don't have my ham license yet but do have a handheld ham I can monitor. If you want a good handheld ham look into baofeng radios

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

I wouldn't worry about getting a ham license for this. I don't have my ham license yet but do have a handheld ham I can monitor. If you want a good handheld ham look into baofeng radios
I noticed most everyone on the forums has one of them. Gonna check those out on Amazon.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

For those of you going I will be monitoring ham 146.520 and cb channel 16. I can't legally respond on ham so if you have a cb that may be easier.

Last edited:

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

This sounds fun. If I went, I'd have to head out there on Saturday afternoon, once my wife gets home from work.
Not sure how far it is for you but you re more than welcome to come out for an overnighter.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Thanks. I live in Long Beach, so it is about an hour and forty-five or so without traffic to the Joshua Tree area.
It's about that for me too.. Probably closer to 2 hours for me. Totally worth it for an overnighter in my opinion.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm not sure if anyone plans in a run. I probably won't go but the weekend is kinda just a do what ya want kinda weekend so if a few of you want to make a run, roll with it.

Reactions: BD_P4X

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

We might be heading out there Friday as well, wife trying to get a half day off Friday so we can enjoy 2 nights and try to beat a bit of the late night traffic. I have a CB so I'll be sure to be on channel 16 then as well. I have a bunch of goodies for my truck on order, with luck they will arrive this week to get installed up.

High 60's during the day and 40's at night forecasted in the camping area will make for a great weekend.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Can you guys post the exact coordinates when you make camp (I assume there will be cell service)? If I can make it, it won't be till later Saturday night. All this rain, while needed, is putting us way behind at work, and it's supposed to rain this Monday and Tuesday.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Can you guys post the exact coordinates when you make camp (I assume there will be cell service)? If I can make it, it won't be till later Saturday night. All this rain, while needed, is putting us way behind at work, and it's supposed to rain this Monday and Tuesday.
As soon As I land at the camp site I will log on here and post coordinates. Assuming I have cell service. From what I gather there is a high plateau near those coordinates that is nice to camp on. I will for sure get on here as soon as I land in camp. Should be around noon Friday.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

We can't make it! My father in law passed away and we will be at his memorial. Have fun. Catch you all next time.

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
Really looking forward to this. I will be leaving early Sat morning. Should be out there by 10am.

@ Pathfinder1, Will the address you posted get us where we need to go? I don't have a way to punch in co0rdinates.