Launch Member

Influencer I

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lowrance
Member #

Shoot! Just found this thread. This sounds fun & close. Was looking for someplace to go this weekend, but now we already have plans. Looks like we'll get to meet up with you @Scott on the Mojave run :-) We did the Pioneer Town- Big Bear run last Memorial Day. Tons of great camping. Have fun!

2004 F-150; 2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Shell
IG https://www.instagram.com/dflowrance/

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Everything I am reading says campfires are not permitted.. But I have a large propane fire pit that I'll bring with large 20 lb propane bottles.

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

I've been poking around the BLM site and stuff but have not gotten a clear answer. Most places online say to check with the local ranger station for the area, so on the way we can stop and simply ask since its used as Joshua Tree overflow camping.

jimbohotwings

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

I'm really interested in joining you guys. I have a few repairs to do to the rig but I should be able to finish them before friday. I would probably be leaving San Diego around lunch time. Worst case I would leave around 3pm. I'll let you guys know something definite by Wednesday.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm really interested in joining you guys. I have a few repairs to do to the rig but I should be able to finish them before friday. I would probably be leaving San Diego around lunch time. Worst case I would leave around 3pm. I'll let you guys know something definite by Wednesday.
Not a problem. Come on out!

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

My friend and his family are interested in convoying with me out there in his Nissan NV, just want to give a heads up make sure its good with everyone. He's not a member yet but interested. If he goes they will be heading out with me on Friday afternoon.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Hey All... We would love to confirm and attend, but the wife and I have to work on Friday and we also have to make it up to Central CA at some point before next week. Hope to meet up with you all out on the trails soon. Have a great time, the weather should be decent. (FYI: old call sign is Johnny5IsAlive)

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Hey All... We would love to confirm and attend, but the wife and I have to work on Friday and we also have to make it up to Central CA at some point before next week. Hope to meet up with you all out on the trails soon. Have a great time, the weather should be decent. (FYI: old call sign is Johnny5IsAlive)
Bummer man :( we will meet up again.

Master list on OP is updated.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm a 100% maybe at this time. I'm defiantly working on Saturday because of all the rain this week. If you need to bump me to make room for someone who can for sure make it, please do.
There's no cap on attendance here.. Unlike some other events... ;) I'll leave you on the list and please show up if you can!

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Alright.. Its getting closer. All my camping gear is packed.. Tomorrow after work is a stop at Costco for food and I'll finish my food packing. Heading out at 0900 on Friday. I'm bringing my annex for my rtt, who wants to help me figure out how to put it on? :)

Reactions: Raul B

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

Wow better then me, I barely pulled what I needed out to pack. I was hoping to have my RTT this week, hopefully it arrives by tomorrow in time to install. If not then packing the tent, poles, tarps, and air bed lol. I got food all the skewers prepped and fuel for the grill so at least we will eat well. Was hoping for a nice comfy foam mattress. :)

We will be lucky if we get out by 11 lol.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Well I'm never one to wait until the day of to pack. My goal is at best to be completely packed by tomorrow evening. At worst I'll get up around 6 am on Friday and pack up all my food and be on the road by 9 am. Drives my wife nuts that I pack so early lol