Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Really excited about this trip... From what I remember about this location is that there are some dirt bike riders in the area last time I was there. If this concerns anyone we could always pick a different spot

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Really excited about this trip... From what I remember about this location is that there are some dirt bike riders in the area last time I was there. If this concerns anyone we could always pick a different spot
We can always play it by ear. If there are a lot of dirt bikes we can always move. There is tons of blm land out there.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

We can always play it by ear. If there are a lot of dirt bikes we can always move. There is tons of blm land out there.

My truck loaded up is like a Turtle were slow with all the little luxuries, worth the wait lol.

Reactions: Raul B

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Put me down as a maybe. I'm willing to lose my $20 :laughing:
I've already lost mine. I don't plan on attending. The goal of this thread is not to sway anyone away from that event but seeing as I already had the a weekend off I want to go somewhere, it just won't be that event.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

I've already lost mine. I don't plan on attending. The goal of this thread is not to sway anyone away from that event but seeing as I already had the a weekend off I want to go somewhere, it just won't be that event.

The fact that this is a lot closer to home is what is swaying it for me. Only have a few weekends during the spring where my daughter doesn't have gymnastics and I'd rather spend them camping.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

The fact that this is a lot closer to home is what is swaying it for me. Only have a few weekends during the spring where my daughter doesn't have gymnastics and I'd rather spend them camping.
It's a whole lot closer for me too and Joshua tree is one of my favorite places to go. Hopefully we will see you there. I will put your name on the list.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Looks like we are in. We were out at JT last weekend (snow on the ground). We will head out Friday after work. That puts us there about 8.

SlashX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pico Rivea, Ca
First Name
Slash
Last Name
MrX
Member #

So I have a 2wd 2500hd, heavy truck. I worry about getting stuck in soft sand. It has off road tires and the keys turned up.

Am I being a worrier?

SlashX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pico Rivea, Ca
First Name
Slash
Last Name
MrX
Member #

It's not the 2wd that worries me it the weight of the truck. The first week I got the truck, in stock tires I took a trip to occatillo wells and managed to sink in the sand. I wasn't camping, just went to look. So ofcourse I had no gear at all. I felt like a complete noob. I still blame my wife for saying "pull over so I can take a picture.". Luckily a jeep JK with a winch came by and helped pull me out. They clonwed me a bit but I was so great full I was fine with it.

I haven't been on soft sand since. I'm still traumatized I guess.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

It's not the 2wd that worries me it the weight of the truck. The first week I got the truck, in stock tires I took a trip to occatillo wells and managed to sink in the sand. I wasn't camping, just went to look. So ofcourse I had no gear at all. I felt like a complete noob. I still blame my wife for saying "pull over so I can take a picture.". Luckily a jeep JK with a winch came by and helped pull me out. They clonwed me a bit but I was so great full I was fine with it.

I haven't been on soft sand since. I'm still traumatized I guess.
I still think you will be fine. My truck is pretty heavy with all the gear in it and I was going up the hills in 2wd. Before we head out we'll private message everyone with our cell numbers as well as the cb and ham channels we will be monitoring. Depending on what time your thinking of heading out we can always meet up where the pavement ends.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SlashX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pico Rivea, Ca
First Name
Slash
Last Name
MrX
Member #

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure I can make this trip, but I do want to go out. I'll be taking the quads out to Stoddard Wells in March and again in April so I'll be dry camping there for a few days.

Well keep in touch.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

As Raul said you'll be fine. I will have a cb and ham with me So we can figure out good channels to monitor and I will post them in the original thread. I also have a winch and plenty of recovery gear if needed :)