Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Got my front Bartact seat covers in. Just waiting for the rear's to show up.

These are some of the most high quality seat covers I have ever seen or touched. Storage is amazing, they don't slide when you get it. With the material this company uses, I know that my original seats will be protected. My biggest concern is my dog when he jumps in the back ripping my fabric.

Gus_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Got my front Bartact seat covers in. Just waiting for the rear's to show up.

These are some of the most high quality seat covers I have ever seen or touched. Storage is amazing, they don't slide when you get it. With the material this company uses, I know that my original seats will be protected. My biggest concern is my dog when he jumps in the back ripping my fabric.

I really like these a lot. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rubicon72

csilv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Ana, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Silverberg
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6IOS
Really nice build thread. Thanks for sharing your progress, looking great.

-Chris
(Future JK(or JL) owner)

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Nice build, really enjoyed seeing your progress. Seat covers look great and now I guess one my next projects will be changing the muffler system. Like the color of your Jeep also.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

I know this build has slowed down but now that one of my friends has recently been introduced into overlanding, we are going to be going on a trip next weekend. Hope to get some great pictures.

Upcoming parts for the jeep:

1. Still deciding between a smittybilt or a warn winch...either one must come with synthetic line.
2. Deciding on what RTT to purchase... the 3 person with annex TuffStuff4x4 tent or the SmittyBilt 5 person tent with Annex...What would be easier to convince the wife with....

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

We decided on going up to Duluth, MN to check out a Trampled by Turtles Concert and also to take our wives out for a longer drive followed by a camping trip.

What we didn't know is that every campsite was booked all the way up from Duluth, MN to Canada which meant that we had to find campsites near Lake Superior Wisconsin. Turns out I am still bad a capturing pictures while we camp and make our way up to Duluth.

Overall great time and I would do it again in a heart beat. Also helps that we had great friends to join with us.

My friend @cerberus drove up to the campsite early to get set up while we had to stop int the cities to drop off the dog. When we finally arrived at the camp site, our tent was already set up and food was being started. The first camp site we stayed at was Amnicon Falls State Park,WI. Awesome camp site with great hiking trails and waterfalls. I will upload the campsite location to the OB Map.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Now neither of us own a skottle so @cerberus improved by getting a burner and a Wok and all the food that was made on the trip turned out amazing!.

Breakfast the next morning.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Next we drove back to Duluth to go check out the "Bent Pattle Brewery". Awesome brewery that I highly recommend for people to check out!

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

After some drinks at the Bent Pattle Brewery, we headed back into Wisconsin to set up our next camp site at Pattison State Park. In my opinion, Amnicon State Park was better, but they were booked solid so we couldn't stay for more than two days.

Set up at the entrance of the camp once again.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Drove back to Duluth to try and get into the Trample By Turtle concert but it didnt look like it was going to happen. I am not sure if there was miscommunication with Duluth and setting up this concert or just piss poor management on trying to staff it but the line just to get into the concert was over 3.5 hours long. So we just said screw it and went back to the campsite and listened to the bands music on our blue tooth speaker and proceed to drink beers and relax.

Finally made it home the next day and decided to take a couple shots before unloading the jeep and airing the tent out.

And if you have any questions about the gear in any of pictures, feel free to ask.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Next camping trip @cerberus and myself did was to Minniopa State Park located near Mankato, MN. The plan was to set up camp, hit up the Mankato Brewery and maybe do some exploring.

We still got to go to the Mankato brewery but our significant other go to find out what it was like to camp in hot/humid/rainy and thunderstorm like conditions.

Now I didn't take a lot of pictures during this but it was still a good time and the wife wants to keep camping. Also, @cerberus purchased a new camping trailer which you will see. I won't get to into his build but the trailer is a beast and it is awesome!!

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

The set up in the back. I should really do a write up of what I pack and how I pack it. Basically three smaller tubs in the trunk, one large trunk on the roof rack, a cooler (awesome cooler, stayed at 34 degrees the entire trip), coleman stove, two sleeping bags and two personal backpacks. Keeping it simple!

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

This is the space you get when you rent a group size camp site.

Each of us took half of the site. Here is @cerberus sweet trailer set up!!

For anyone that is looking at renting a group site, please call and ask if it is drive in. We found out that you had to walk your equipment in to the site when you rented the group camp site. Luckily there were two park rangers out fixing the road to the campsites that opened up the gates and let us park the trailer in our site. They also said they would come back Sunday morning to unlock the gates so we could get out. Even though it was hot as hell and rainy, we had a great time and I would do it all over again!

Over all plan is to try and camp at least once a month and visit a local state brewery in the process.