• HTML tutorial

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Love the pat! ha ha. Did you run spacers with the TJ wheels? Did they give you more offset to run larger tires? I always wondered about people doing that.
I ran g2 1.25" spacers to convert the 5x4.5 to 5x5 bolt and ran jk sport take offs. People almost throw them away right off the hop so you can pick up a set really cheap. I did need to run Dorman ope end acorn nuts in the spacers because the thread pitch/bolt size is a but different, so the ones they give you don't work but can be used as a lug nut to hold the wheel on.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Love the pat! ha ha. Did you run spacers with the TJ wheels? Did they give you more offset to run larger tires? I always wondered about people doing that.
I ran g2 1.25" spacers to convert the 5x4.5 to 5x5 bolt and ran jk sport take offs. People almost throw them away right off the hop so you can pick up a set really cheap. I did need to run Dorman ope end acorn nuts in the spacers because the thread pitch/bolt size is a but different, so the ones they give you don't work but can be used as a lug nut to hold the wheel on.
Cool. I have 1.25 spacer on our pat now. I like the design of our wheels too. In black anyways. I think we are going to run them as they work great.

LCM_Scott

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hilton, New York, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Borden
Member #

Whats good Jeep Lifers?! Scott here with my 2016 Patriot "Home Wrecker". Surprised to see all the other patriots out here. Gotta love all the Jeeps since we are the true overlanding platform... Don't tell those Toyota fan boys! Lol, just playing I love Tacos!

Attachments

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Just Empty Every Pocket
73 de KM6LBW John
isn't that the truth, even patriots. Ours is acting up again. The TB is failing, so I am getting performance issues, the rear suspension needs a full rebuild with control arms, etc, needs brakes (lots of km on them though), needs spark plugs and air filter again, I think a couple of side axle joints are failing. I thought getting rid of my wranglers would stop the failing parts. Guess not.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Recent boondocking trip through Idaho and Montana, in our 2014 Jeep JKU. Custom built off-road trailer with Gen 1 CVT tent. Great 3 weeks with my wife.
That looks great and I'm guessing that your tent "might" fit over my custom built off-road trailer. It's close to Jeep Anvil Grey. I'm currently painting my LJ the same colour.

20-10-19 6.JPG

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

isn't that the truth, even patriots. Ours is acting up again. The TB is failing, so I am getting performance issues, the rear suspension needs a full rebuild with control arms, etc, needs brakes (lots of km on them though), needs spark plugs and air filter again, I think a couple of side axle joints are failing. I thought getting rid of my wranglers would stop the failing parts. Guess not.
Man do I hear that, the downside of hanging on to a vehicle you enjoy. Swapped the brakes a few months ago to EBC rotors and pads, got new wheels and tires, just had the VVT solenoid replaced, still gotta do a transmission fluid change (next item on the list), just ordered the parts for a steering refresh and just got my RRO rear adjustable upper control arms that I ordered two months ago... Also gotta solve my self-filling blinker fluid situation...

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Man do I hear that, the downside of hanging on to a vehicle you enjoy. Swapped the brakes a few months ago to EBC rotors and pads, got new wheels and tires, just had the VVT solenoid replaced, still gotta do a transmission fluid change (next item on the list), just ordered the parts for a steering refresh and just got my RRO rear adjustable upper control arms that I ordered two months ago... Also gotta solve my self-filling blinker fluid situation...
At this point, we are keeping only because it's cheaper than unloading it. I traded my crappy Harley davidson CVO on it. There is about 7k worth of harley crap payments on the jeep. I am actually smitten with the new Ford Maverick. I am seriously thinking of going with one of those. AWD FX4 package. I am hoping that they make some off road goodies for it when it's out in the wild for a bit.

Reactions: Flamewave

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

@Flamewave I read on your JP.com thread your rear springs were squeaking? did you find out why? was it a high pitched sqeak? I would reply there, but they don't like me because I called out rossoracer for his bull. ha ha.
As far as I can tell it's coming from the spring cup at the top, it does it more when it's warm out. Haven't figured out a way to silence it yet, it did it with the OEM springs and it still does it with the stu coils.