Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Since it's also the daily driver, we're running with a WK2 that I built up as a kind of stealth/convertible for overlanding. Most of the time, you'd think it was just plain stock by looking at it, but when it's time for the trails, I've built a custom deck and drawer cube (and ultimately fridge slide, but haven't bought the fridge yet), have Chief armor hiding under the front fascia, Husky floor mats, and slip on seat covers. Still need to get rock rails, and will probably get a Chief roof rack before I'm done.

Exterior 2.jpg

lower guard.jpg

Platform Installed.jpg

Drawer Cube.jpg

rocks.jpg Her first experience getting some off-road practice in.

CMac

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ashburn, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
McIntyre
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UNO
Service Branch
USN
Bought this in '90....my first brand new anything, really.

I have been a Jeep guy forever now, beginning in teenage years. I desperately was saving my grocery bagging dollars for a local CJ-7, but my dad knew better.

A few years later and well into my tenure with the US Navy, I bought this YJ from the Jeep dealer in Oceanside, CA. I knew I was going to own one some day, but on this particular day, I was driving by, saw it sitting there and thought "well wtf...let's test drive it." It ended up about three hours later with my name on the loan doc, a total impulse buy.

This thing ran everywhere with me: from countless weekends in Anza Borrego, down to Ensenada, to Santa Barbara, north to Minnesota and east to Florida, finally settling in suburban Washington, DC, where it lived its last few years with me as my duck hunting Jeep. It was in my possession from March, 1990 to April, 2006.

I ran a VIN check on it a couple of years ago to see if it was still out there. It had been crushed some time prior by a Lynchburg, VA-area salvage yard. I put about 145,000 miles on that 4.2, I-6....a Swiss watch of an engine.

Hardly a day passes that I don't regret selling it.

Attachments

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Attachments

Last edited:

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
It's been a fun build so far. I think I'm just about done now. Maybe a couple of more skids and a new tie rod, and that should do it. I bought my Jeep, King, back in 2017 and immediately went to work building him up. Some of my more memorable runs have been the Rubicon Trail and Fordyce Creek. This rig is a little more under-sized compared to the others, when I show up at these runs, but we always seem to get the job done!
20171008_160606.jpg
20210513_102944.jpg
Resized_20210813_163854.jpeg