Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia / Florida
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Force
Member #

Here is my 2004 WJ, affectionately known as the JEEPASAUR. It's a 4.7L H.O. riding on an Iron Rock Offroad Adjustable Short Arm suspension w/ 4" IRO springs and Bilstein 5125s. Running 32" General Grabber X3s (love them!), and swapped the original 247/Quadradrive transfer case out for the 242/Selec-Trac case.
Owned it since 2012, and I've put about 125k miles on it in that time. Many of those miles have been spent in the George Washington National Forest (VA), Pisgah National Forest (NC), Outer Banks (NC), Osceola National Forest (FL), Ocala National Forest (FL), and Citrus WMA (FL).
I post the occasional video of her offroad shenanigans on youtube: JEEPASAUR on Youtube
As sad as it makes me, I anticipate retiring the ol' girl in the next year and getting a Wrangler or 4Runner.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Here is my 2004 WJ, affectionately known as the JEEPASAUR. It's a 4.7L H.O. riding on an Iron Rock Offroad Adjustable Short Arm suspension w/ 4" IRO springs and Bilstein 5125s. Running 32" General Grabber X3s (love them!), and swapped the original 247/Quadradrive transfer case out for the 242/Selec-Trac case.
Owned it since 2012, and I've put about 125k miles on it in that time. Many of those miles have been spent in the George Washington National Forest (VA), Pisgah National Forest (NC), Outer Banks (NC), Osceola National Forest (FL), Ocala National Forest (FL), and Citrus WMA (FL).
I post the occasional video of her offroad shenanigans on youtube: JEEPASAUR on Youtube
As sad as it makes me, I anticipate retiring the ol' girl in the next year and getting a Wrangler or 4Runner.
Love the name JEEPASAUR!

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

For those contemplating installing a 2” lift to your TJ, be careful adding a rear track bar relocation mount. During a trip to the Guadalupe’s earlier this year, I managed to crush one of the evap lines above the relocation mount (raises the axle side track bar a couple of inches). Might also be the worn out Teraflex rear springs. I R&R’d the the rear springs with med-hvy duty OME 2” springs (also allowed removing the added rear poly spacers) and the rear track bar + reloc mount with an adjustable rear track bar. Huge, huuugggeee I tell ya!, improvement in handling on & off-road and the rear bump stops (Metalcloak JK front bump stops) appreciate the reduced bump recertification (so does my back).
E162EA7D-FAF4-476A-8254-13C975511885.jpeg
No issues during/after a recent Cibola/Gila trip.

Reactions: 9Mike2
My 2008 JK the day I got it back in 2013 vs how it is right now. I'm seriously looking into getting rid of it and ordering the new JLU Rubicon 4xe but I just can't decide if I want to get it in Sting-Gray or Silver. It's going to be a big purchase so I want to make sure I get it right for the long term. It's going to give me more space, a new blank canvas to start over with, and a whole list of other pros that I have listed off for myself. The only con I've come up with is I'll have a car payment again. But I've made my peace with that. lol What are everyone's thoughts on the 2 colors?

IMG_0206.jpgDSC_0063.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
My 2008 JK the day I got it back in 2012 vs how it is right now. I'm seriously looking into getting rid of it and ordering the new JLU Rubicon 4xe but I just can't decide if I want to get it in Sting-Gray or Silver. It's going to be a big purchase so I want to make sure I get it right for the long term. It's going to give me more space, a new blank canvas to start over with, and a whole list of other pros that I have listed off for myself. The only con I've come up with is I'll have a car payment again. But I've made my peace with that. lol What are everyone's thoughts on the 2 colors?

View attachment 192356View attachment 192357
I'm a fan of sting-ray; best color Jeep offers IMO. ;)

IMG_5633.jpegIMG_5636.jpeg

I'm a fan of sting-ray; best color Jeep offers IMO. ;)

View attachment 192360View attachment 192361
That's the way I'm leaning. I really like the way Sting-Gray looks, although it's a little confusing because sometimes it looks light and sometimes it looks dark. But I've had 3 other silver vehicles in the past so I kind of want to go with something different. I'm just hoping that the all the blue accent colors that go with the 4xe will look good with the Sting-Gray color. That JT looks great btw!

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
That's the way I'm leaning. I really like the way Sting-Gray looks, although it's a little confusing because sometimes it looks light and sometimes it looks dark. But I've had 3 other silver vehicles in the past so I kind of want to go with something different. I'm just hoping that the all the blue accent colors that go with the 4xe will look good with the Sting-Gray color. That JT looks great btw!
Sting-ray Jeeps have been turning my head for a while so it was an easy decision when I got the JT, well pretty easy as the other two that I was interested in were cool colors as well - white, which I also like and the new tan color. But glad I got what I did. A buddy has a silver JK and he hates the color and has been selectively black rhino lining bits and pieces and I think it looks really good.