Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Here is a picture of my 95’ Jeep Cherokee Sport, with the ARB bumper on. Sometimes I don’t think my build on this Jeep will ever be done. I think both my sons would never forgive me if I gave up on this Jeep and sold it! It does sip the fuel though, even when 4wheeling. Vance.
E77D85CB-B54A-4B58-8F78-F59E63F339B4.jpeg7586D0AE-1DBF-4BDF-9926-0984F51E6353.jpeg9171F7AE-7F83-417A-8663-E75D98313BC6.jpeg

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
So the xj went bye bye. Wife wasn't a fan. And it was a bit small in there with the 3 of us.
So I picked up another rubi. Was going to get another Jk but used priced vs what I got this for it was a no brainer. No plans for mods right now as it pretty capable, though I'd like throw some 40s on it to piss off the overlanding purists Haha I kid I kidView attachment 102410
Its the complete opposite here. The new Jeeps are insanely over priced. I got annie for less than half the price of a new one. I was going to buy a new sport...52K? WTF? No thanks. I purchased my 2011 brand new for 38K. I guess the mom crawler image thats going around here now drove the price out of wack.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Its the complete opposite here. The new Jeeps are insanely over priced. I got annie for less than half the price of a new one. I was going to buy a new sport...52K? WTF? No thanks. I purchased my 2011 brand new for 38K. I guess the mom crawler image thats going around here now drove the price out of wack.
Wow that is a bit crazy. Had a local dealer quote me something similar. I went to idaho . Was about 42.5 for my Rubicon. It's a bit basic with the only add on package being the mid grade radio, the led package and tow package with aux switches. Still a big chunk of change but for used jeeps around here asking prices were to close to be a consideration. I still kick myself for selling my Jk but oh well

Reactions: Shamu

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

two awesome rigs. is it the picture or is the JK that much bigger than the tj? it's look down right massive in front of it!
Wider, longer. Easy to see the difference between 32 and 35 inch tires. His ride was smoother and was able to track down the trail faster. I was able to single turn the tight spots while he had to k-turn. He carried the ARB fridge (dual batt setup) and Skottle (cook our meat mix: ground beef/pork/turkey combined with either pasta/sauce/vegetables or rice/beans/vegetable).

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Here is my Roxanne, shes a 1987 Jeep Cherokee... did most of the work myself and with friends from Miami (when i used to live there)
View attachment 122467
nice rig!
there’s a guy on YouTube that tow’s people out of off-road places in Utah all the time in a similar rig.
you should check him out....Matt’s Towing...; it’s amazing what he can do with that Cherokee!

Reactions: Shamu

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
I have owned the Jeep with the trailer since new in 1989 (1990 model year)...everything has been touched except the little 4 banger! D'oh (California sucks). This Jeep is point and shoot with a great crawl ratio of 127:1. The Jeep on the street I just picked up. It's also a 1990 but with a Howell injected 6 cylinder (I bought it once I found out I couldn't replace the 4-banger with a diesel and pass smog). It'll be the more daily wheeler even though everything has been touched on it as well...even has on-board welder!
Believe it or not, I think my Interco tires are quieter than the Dunlop's on the "new" rig! Both my kids are going nuts to get them both out for a desert trip...both know how to drive a stick and learning to rock crawl.

IMG_3765.JPG

20191012_130006.jpg

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

slowly building my jeep for overlanding View attachment 122874View attachment 122876
What mount is attached to your spare tire holding the Rotopax cans?

Looks like the Rock Slide Engineering EZ Rack Kit Spare Tire Mount. Ordered. This will hopefully satisfy my 6 gallon fuel requirement with 2 x 3 gallon Rotopax. I’m doing a rear weight reduction by removing the current swing-out tire & 2 x jerry can carrier. Replacing with a Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcdalman