Contributor I

Portage Lakes, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

actually we went out to “The Point” in Buxton on Hatteras Island, NC
I assume you mean Cape Point? OBX is one of my favorite places. In fact, took my KK there a couple months ago. I love driving the beaches in the banks, but I still need to check North & South Core off my list.

One picture from Cape Point and one from Corolla:
Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

We’ve also been pretty lucky with seeing horses on Corolla every year we’ve gone.
Adjustments.JPG

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Try driving a wj and waving at wrangler dudes and all you get back is nothing cause your jeep is inferior in their mind. I only wave at other wjs now cause most wrangler owners are arrogant assholes (no offense to you lol)
Yup, a few years ago I had a guy in a Wrangler walk up to me in a parking lot and tell me he would have waved except that he didn't wave at Toyotas. I was driving my Willys. :sunglasses:

Lol, there is a hierarchy to some degree. Older Jeeps get the respect before new Jeeps. Jeeps that are not modded initiate the wave to the more heavily modded Jeeps, etc. And if you're driving a vintage WWII Jeep, I'll stand and salute.
I grew up driving flat fender Willys and Willys pick ups and we all waved at each other back then. Over the years I noticed my old stuff wasn't "cool" enough to be waved at so now I make a big deal out of waving just to see how many will ignore me.

Here's a few pics of my Willys.

IMG_2293_600 copy.jpg

dragroon jeep-02-04.jpg

jeep01.jpg

miscpics043.jpg

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I wave at Wranglers, and older Cherokees and any of the older Jeeps get a big Thumb' s up! And here in Low - Cal you don't get many waves back because many are Cool Car people and don't know about the Jeep Wave. The people on the Cherokee websites bitch all the time about getting waves, I try to tell them a Wrangler stands out with its box shape, the KL and the rest blend in to every other SUV out there...

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

When I'm sitting in my wrangler and wave at XJs and such "non wrangler" jeeps, most of them just stare at me trying to figure out what happened...
Even if a person doesn’t comprehend the Jeep wave, there is nothing wrong with being courteous and returning the gesture. “OMG, someone in a Jeep just finger waved me...what do I do...click my heels and say “there is no place like home” several times?! Wait, my personal cloaking device...dangnabbit, I forgot to recharge it last night...aarrrggghhhhhh!

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Installed a Gentex GENK20A auto-dim mirror with compass and temperature display. My ’04 came with the oem harnesses for the temp sensor and for the mirror. Installed a Mopar temp sensor into the oem socket located just behind the grill. After scouring the interwebs for an oe mirror wire jumper harness without luck, I snipped the oe connector and spliced on female bullet connectors to the wires (minus the mirror map light power & gnd wires...future possibilities?). The Gentex came with a power & gnd wires plus its own temperature sensor & wire bundle. Their terminals fit/clicked into the mirror’s connector so I cut an appropriate length from the temp sensor wires and spliced on male bullets to plug into the Jeep’s harness. Procured a wire from an unused harness for the backup undim feature and boom...working mirror. Loomed the wires and tucked away this morning:
DAFFDE5A-19B3-4C79-AFB6-14470BF2BA9C.jpeg
Making a bracket to securely mount the temp sensor behind the grill and this project will be complete.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Installed a Gentex GENK20A auto-dim mirror with compass and temperature display. My ’04 came with the oem harnesses for the temp sensor and for the mirror. Installed a Mopar temp sensor into the oem socket located just behind the grill. After scouring the interwebs for an oe mirror wire jumper harness without luck, I snipped the oe connector and spliced on female bullet connectors to the wires (minus the mirror map light power & gnd wires...future possibilities?). The Gentex came with a power & gnd wires plus its own temperature sensor & wire bundle. Their terminals fit/clicked into the mirror’s connector so I cut an appropriate length from the temp sensor wires and spliced on male bullets to plug into the Jeep’s harness. Procured a wire from an unused harness for the backup undim feature and boom...working mirror. Loomed the wires and tucked away this morning:
View attachment 132789
Making a bracket to securely mount the temp sensor behind the grill and this project will be complete.
I may do this with my patriot. That's a cool upgrade.

Reactions: Shamu

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I may do this with my patriot. That's a cool upgrade.
The mirror (Amazon) came with everything needed to install in any vehicle. You’ll need to source your own wire for the reverse undim (back-up lamp feed) option (only req’d during darkness to be able to see while backing up, if using the mirror). The “kit” didn’t come with instructions. The GENK20A 7pin-out is ( power/gnd/backup/?/?/temp sig/temp gnd ). The ? might be ( map light pwr-constant/gnd ) or ( side mirror something/side mirror something ). The TJ’s compass/temperature mirror connector 7pin-out is as follows:
FF6CD19E-E41A-4D50-BC9D-E441335A3F61.jpeg
The GENK20A’s pins I’m using are the first three and last two: (ign pwr/gnd/backup/empty/empty/temp sig/temp gnd) And they are connected with the first five of the TJ’s oem pin-outs (the courtesy lamp and fused B covered in elec tape).