Indiana Members, check in here.

• HTML tutorial

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

Hi, I'm Kyle from central Indiana. I got the overlanding / off roading bug about 9 years ago. It started with my 95' Mitsubishi Montero. That thing was a beast and always felt like I was going on a safari every time I got in it. We moved on to a 92' YJ and had a blast driving it until the frame broke. (Weird part is it handled the trails just fine with the broken frame, I didn't notice it was broken till it was time to air up the tires and go home.) Now we have a 97' Grand Cherokee and a 04' Suburban, we are very happy with both. We look forward to having adventures with our kids and meeting new friends.

Reactions: Beee and hardtrailz

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

I just watched the coffee and rigs video on Overland Bound YouTube. I thought that was super cool & a great ideal. I just happen to be the central Indiana distributor of Peet’s & Caribou coffee would you guys be interested in doing some of these meet ups? Maybe a every other month thing? I think it would be cool to get the Indiana members together. We could swap ideas and check out each other’s rigs.
I haven't had Caribou coffee in like 10 years when I lived in Washington DC. It was some good stuff.
Cool idea on the meet and greet. Throw in some wheeling and it would be a blast.

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Welcome to the group. Have you done any off roading or overlanding in your rig yet?
How far away are you from the Badlands in Attica. Might be a good place to meet up and do some wheeling.
I've not done any overlanding yet mostly backpack camping. I am about 75 miles from Attica I've been there before with receipts to go with it lol. That would work for a meet up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

I've not done any overlanding yet mostly backpack camping. I am about 75 miles from Attica I've been there before with receipts to go with it lol. That would work for a meet up?

I think in Indiana the Badlands is a good place to meet people and have a lot of fun. As you know there is stuff for every skill level.
I've earned a couple receipts from the Badlands as well. Lessons learned the hard way.

Reactions: TRDZILA

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

This weekend is booked up for me. I could possibly do next Saturday afternoon or Sunday. With Indiana weather not really camping weather, but if the ground is frozen than we would have good traction at the Badlands.
Next week end should be good for me depending on the weather sure it will change. I'll plan on next weekend just let me know details when available.

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

Next week end should be good for me depending on the weather sure it will change. I'll plan on next weekend just let me know details when available.

Sounds good. I'll double check my scheduale and get back to you. If it will work out I'll post a new thread so hopefully more people will see it and come if they are able and I'll send you a message as well.

TRDZILA

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo In
Hello everyone.
I’m not sure if introduced myself here,,,,
I’m 49, married with two kids at home, 1 at his own home, and 1 & 2/3 grandkids. I drive a 2012 Tacoma OR that I bought last April and a 2010 Malibu, and Momma has a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
I’ve had my truck out to Haspin Acres, and Badlands.
Until last weekend it was all stock, so I’ve been a little leery about doing too much with it. I plan to have my skids, sliders and rear shocks all finished up by the end of this month.
I drive truck for Frito, and I’m Keith from Kokomo.

Reactions: Kyle Indiana

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello everyone.
I’m not sure if introduced myself here,,,,
I’m 49, married with two kids at home, 1 at his own home, and 1 & 2/3 grandkids. I drive a 2012 Tacoma OR that I bought last April and a 2010 Malibu, and Momma has a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
I’ve had my truck out to Haspin Acres, and Badlands.
Until last weekend it was all stock, so I’ve been a little leery about doing too much with it. I plan to have my skids, sliders and rear shocks all finished up by the end of this month.
I drive truck for Frito, and I’m Keith from Kokomo.
Hello Keith and Welcome! Dayle from Poland,IN

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello my name is Dayle. I'm married for 26 years or is that a lifetime lol. I child up and married and one still home took use 10 years to commit on him. We live around the Poland, IN area and we look forward to meeting you all! The people in this group seem absolutely fantastic!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello-

My name is Matt. Been lurking about for the last few years while starting a family. I enjoy amateur radio and fishing. I own a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. No adventures yet. Currently live in Ellettsville IN.
Hello Matt and welcome! I'm your neighbor west of Spencer. Kyle Indiana is working on a meet at Attica 2/10 or 2/11 look for the post the more the merrier.

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hey, new to OB as of today. Looking to get my family into some overland adventures. My wife and I have two boys (11 and 5), live in McCordsville (near Fishers), currently working full time Army National Guard. Driving a 2006 4Runner LTD with some basic upgrades (suspension and tires), hoping to get geared up for spring/summer trips (when I'm not doing Army shenanigans). Minimal experience overlanding, but I'm really looking to change that, I just don't know any good places to go in the Midwest.

Pic is from a hunting trip to Colorado 2016.
View attachment 39753
Welcome! Check out Hoosier National Forest