Indiana Members, check in here.

• HTML tutorial

TRDZILA

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo In
Not really overland,,,, but 620 miles over I65!!

My daughter is very special needs and was dealt a very crappy hand. Last Sunday was her birthday and started a case of bronchitis,,, so we all set around feeling like shit because we couldn’t take her anywhere.

She seems to be clearing up well and if she can travel will be on a beach in Alabama by Friday morning!!

Reactions: Kyle Indiana

silvertoy_36

Rank 0

Traveler I

Married 37, 2 kids (both in travel sports), and new to overlanding.

I actually haven’t been yet, but grew up in the country. Boating, riding ATVs, snowmobiles, etc. Go on 2-3 trips to the UP every winter. 11 year old son and I want to do slight to moderate off-roading. Want to throw a cooler, portable grill, tent, and some sleeping bags and take off for the weekend. Nothing crazy off-road (rock crawling, etc) just want to drive off-road on dirt, gravel, sand, streams, creeks, etc.

2017 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 TRD off-road package w/ 5.7L
2.4in level lift in front
1in shackles in rear
Bilstien 5100 shocks
BFG KO2 - 275/70/18 (33.2 inches)

Thinking about going to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park in Michigan and would really like to go to Tennessee Dirt Devil this spring. Been to Badlands on ATV, think it might be too much for my truck as I don’t want to do any damage. I like the overlanding aspect vs the wheeling style. Any suggestions on where to go? Possibly up to 6-7 hrs drive from Fort Wayne if necessary.

Thanks!

TRDZILA

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo In

I actually haven’t been yet, but grew up in the country. Boating, riding ATVs, snowmobiles, etc. Go on 2-3 trips to the UP every winter. 11 year old son and I want to do slight to moderate off-roading. Want to throw a cooler, portable grill, tent, and some sleeping bags and take off for the weekend. Nothing crazy off-road (rock crawling, etc) just want to drive off-road on dirt, gravel, sand, streams, creeks, etc.

1in shackles in rear
Bilstien 5100 shocks

Thinking about going to Bundy Hill Off-Road Park in Michigan and would really like to go to Tennessee Dirt Devil this spring. Been to Badlands on ATV, think it might be too much for my truck as I don’t want to do any damage. I like the overlanding aspect vs the wheeling style. Any suggestions on where to go? Possibly up to 6-7 hrs drive from Fort Wayne if necessary.

Thanks!
I’m not sure if your interested, but GSMTR is May 14-19th. My Tacoma is set up like yours, except for the bigger tires and I’m going down there. It’s at Windrock in Tennessee. I’ve never been there but I believe there’s something like 300 miles of trails. I did buy skids and sliders for the event.
Also Haspin Acres, but I wasn’t that impressed with it there. There’s a lot of trash and it wasn’t very challenging. Even my 8yr old was bored and wanted to leave for Badlands.

Reactions: silvertoy_36

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

1in shackles in rear
Bilstien 5100 shocks

Thanks!
I think you may be surprised what the Badlands has to offer without breaking your truck. My buddy and I went and he drove his 2000 Ford Explorer stock with street tires and I from my jeep Cherokee and we had a great time. We didn't damage anything and still managed to drive up the huge dunes, the tubes, and the creek. Not to mention the trails.
They have a campsites and we have had fun camping there in the past and off-roading.

Reactions: silvertoy_36

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

I can either go Saturday afternoon or all day Sunday. I work in Frankfort but will come home to get my boy. I get off around noon on saturdays.
May have to start looking at next weekend.
My boys have basket ball practice till one on Saturday. With that plus like an 40min drive down and the badlands closing at 5pm might be pushing it.
Plus great grandma is coming over this Sunday.

Reactions: TRDZILA

Kyle Indiana

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Indiana
Member #

Looks like we are going to do another little trip to badlands Sunday. Should be fun with all the rain we have had lately.
If anyone wants to hang out and do some trails, hit me up.

Minnella

Rank 0

Traveler I

Steuben County here. name is Ben, new to the site. I've got an 04 Mountaineer AWD that has parts waiting for install, my ol' lady has an 02 Mountaineer AWD as well. We just got the a couple months ago and have been doing overdue maintenance before we start the upgrades.
We've also got a basic Jayco pop-up that is awaiting a lift and wheel/tire upgrades.
Ive not done much "formal" off-roading but I have been off road in some sticky situations in previous vehicles, some of which have been owned by the US Army.

Last edited:

Jrnottarts

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lafayette, IN
Member #

Steuben County here. name is Ben, new to the site. I've got an 04 Mountaineer AWD that has parts waiting for install, my ol' lady has an 02 Mountaineer AWD as well. We just got the a couple months ago and have been doing overdue maintenance before we start the upgrades.
We've also got a basic Jayco pop-up that is awaiting a lift and wheel/tire upgrades.
Ive not done much "formal" off-roading but I have been off road in some sticky situations in previous vehicles, some of which have been owned by the US Army.
Welcome!

Reactions: Minnella

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

Floyd County here, name is Tony, 42yo, family includes my wife that loves the outdoors and is also an OB member, as well as our 9 year old daughter,
whom we are desperately trying to groom to have that same passion.

We have an 2018 Colorado ZR2 Diesel
We recently decided to get back into the woods after a long 10 year hiatus.
See above for reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ditcherman

TRDZILA

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo In
I got to spend last week at Windrock where I logged 340 miles of trail time.

Came home in one piece. :”>

Edit. About 60 miles of running into town for gas and beer was included in that 340 miles.

Last edited:

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I'm in Hendricks County. I've got two Jeeps, including an 08 Rubicon with lots of miles and memories, and a new JL Rubicon I acquired in January. I'm 49 and have 9 kids (yes, 9) who are all still school age, ranging fom 7 to 16. My kids and I like to explore and go offroad. My wife is lukewarm on it, though. She thinks no room service is roughing it. Anyway, the JK has a 2" lift and 33's, winch, some lighting, and extra skid plating. The JL has a 2" lift, 35's, a winch, and also some extra lighting. I just bought a Snomaster fridge, so bye bye coolers and ice! Both Jeeps are manuals and have CB and GMRS comms.

I'm currently prepping them for a week long trip with some friends to Moab, via the Rimrocker Trail, with departure on October 18. We may camp a night or two, but will mostly stay in hotels. We're also still deciding which trails we'll do in Moab.

Anyway, I just joined this forum and am loving it! My work schedule is tough, but I'd love to meet up and do some trips when I can.

Destination Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis, In
Member #

Tell us about your new machine! Unfortunately, I'm working on the 24th, or I'd join you.
I've got a 2007 FJ Cruiser. 3 inch procomp lift with 33's. Bumper/winch and RTT planned for next month. Many other mods coming soon.
New job/career dictates quick weekend trips only for a while... But any trip I take is always open to others.

Reactions: DanW